Bare escentuals

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

fredab

Registered Shopper
I have taken the plunge and ordered the try me BE kit for £18.53. Has anybody used BE and do you like it? I have the Smashbox halo and stopped using it. I also have some Laura G balance & brighten. I just don't find I get the same coverage as liquid foundation. Anybody who uses it please let me know whether it is as easy to apply as SJ says it is.

On a different topic I have sent my complaint email to them about the website - which is down again and asked about the prize draw today?:grin:

I would say give it a few times before you get the hang of it. build up the layers if you want full coverage and keep buffing, buffing is the key here, the minerals need to warm up on your skin as well.

I find my makeup looks best by the time I get to work, ie my skin has warmed the minerals up enough for the make up to settle.

I've reordered the fairly light in the original formula, wanting to try the matte one but I havent taken the plunge.

I really love it but it wasn't love at first use. It took me a while to get to grips with the application technique and my bathroom floor seemed to be covered in the minerals as the swirling minerals in the lid went flying around like fairy dust.

Once you get the hang of it the make up looks lovely. My advice is buff buff buff. Mine actually looks better about an hour or so after i've applied it, i think it's something to do with the minerals warming up. I'm olive skinned and use a mix of medium tan and tan to get the right colour.

I love the foundation, lipglosses and mineral veil. Someone on here gave me a very good tip about applying the mineral veil before the foundation as it helps with open pores.
Not so keen on the concealer or well rested as i didn't notice any ddifference

I have used BE in the past. I haven't tried the matte version yet, but the regular version gives the skin a glow.

I need a bit more coverage at the moment which is why I am using the Laura Geller Real Deal foundation. The BE gives a very light feel to the skin even after a few applications to build the coverage it never feels heavy.

Be very careful when you tip the minerals into the lid as sometimes a lot can come out. Dip the brush in swirl, tap off the excess and buff. I would keep the foundation standing upright on the dressing table to avoid the product being turned upside down as you can end up with the minerals in the lid.

I used BE ages ago and couldnt get on with it so changed to liquid ..just been to the US and they had a good offer on so thought bugger it i will try it again (am a sucker ) and love it i just buff,buff and more buff ..lol i have ordered the try me too on easy pay :)

I have also taken the plunge today and bought the try me.

Have always loved the idea of the brand and am really happy I can try a small pot of foundation without having to fork out for the big pot to try.

Will be buff buff buffing soon :)

Try using a dish to put the minerals in before applying.

And when you have buffed a bit, if you need to doyour hair the warmth helps it to settle.

You really need a very tiny amount.

love it, practise makes perfect. Can also be used over a liquid foundation for a really flawless look. Less is definately more, buff and buff. It can be messy though, the sifter lid does help a bit.

I have used Bare Escentuals for the last 2-3 years having searched for ages for something I don't react to (which is the majority of liquid foundations - has cost me a fortune over the years!). Once you get used to the fact that a powder can act like a foundation it is brilliant - I have had people say how good my skin is which it definitely isn't in it's natural state. Not wanting to put a downer on this but I have seen mixed reviews about the brush; I have never tried the Bare Escentuals brushes as I already had my own but if you do get any problems it may be you need a different type of brush rather than it being a problem with the foundation itself. (I was told this by a salon which stocks Bare Escentuals so not just my opinion). Anyway good luck with it!

oddly, I dont think the BE brushes are as good as they used to be. I got a new one fairly recently that sheds - annoys me a lot - they certainly never used to. Maybe I just got a duff one, curious to hear if anyone has thought the same.

I used BE ages ago and couldnt get on with it so changed to liquid ..just been to the US and they had a good offer on so thought bugger it i will try it again (am a sucker ) and love it i just buff,buff and more buff ..lol i have ordered the try me too on easy pay :)

Hi shortcake I didnt look when I was in Florida in May but were going back in October would you pm me the details please of the current offers ?

Hi everyone, just like to say i love bare escentuals makeup, their foundation is the best i have ever used. i'm in the armed forces so for work i like to look polished but not made up and this gives me that look. With regard to the brushes i have found that my flawless face brush does shed so i used my Mac buki brush and get a fantastic result. I use evrything across the range and love it all, the colours are fantastic, it just takes practise and as everyone says the best tip is buff buff and buff again.

the try me is excellent even if you have or have not used be before. the itching can be a problem made worse by the rough brushes in the range.

spend a bit more on a good kabuki the coverage is better than with the flawless anyway and you may not need a concealer.

i use supernatural philiosophy primer with bare escentuals works really well. also this makeup gets better throughout the day as others have said.

i switched for BE to lily lolo a while ago, but i got really fed up with the fact that it always came off against my phone (and v embarrassingly once against a friend who was wearing a white top) so i switched to a liquid mineral instead...but i wonder if others have the same problems or any solutions?

I've found that as well - def not transfer resistant for sure! I also tried the sun protection thingy (sorry cant remember the proper name) and it did seem to rub off as well, which I would be worried about as I were alot of whites and pale colours on holiday (probably like most people). :wonder:

Latest posts

Back