Big Hair 42mm

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am "blessed" with a frizzy hairline and need serum to blow dry. I love the BH but just wish the bristles were firmer. :mysmilie_476: Would love the SP but I am scared of putting straighteners to my head, must be a hang up from the many, many burns in the 70's and 80's off my curling irons, right across the neck, nice! (Mum never once burnt me with the clothes iron! Omg the memory! :mysmilie_505:)

I have had my 'big hair'for a couple of years and love it ( I have the original- which I believe has firmer bristles). Have had no problems with it overheating etc. I also bought it because, with my arthritis, it is a really easy way to style my bob and get some volume into it- which really lasts. I can highly recommend it, if it was me I would just buy it elsewhere. I got it a lot cheaper than at QVC!

Last edited:
If my steampod broke I would replace it immediately. I only have to wash and style my hair once a week now.

I am "blessed" with a frizzy hairline and need serum to blow dry. I love the BH but just wish the bristles were firmer. :mysmilie_476: Would love the SP but I am scared of putting straighteners to my head, must be a hang up from the many, many burns in the 70's and 80's off my curling irons, right across the neck, nice! (Mum never once burnt me with the clothes iron! Omg the memory! :mysmilie_505:)

I think the BH would benefit with firmer bristles, too.

Hah! I thought I was the only one whose mum ironed my hair after ironing the clothes. No burns on my neck, but my ears caught a couple.

Wow a huge thumbs up for the steam pod! Will keep an eye on amazon to see if it gets any cheaper!

Mine came from Look fantastic. It's taken a bit of getting used to, as it's quite bulky and has to be used in a certain direction. I've got it now though!

I've gone from daily washing and straightening to washing twice a week with just a daily brief SteamPod top up. My hair already looks and feels better.

I was booked in to have another salon keratin straightening treatment, but I've cancelled it now!

I'd never had a keratin straightener treatment but I too was booked in to have one and cancelled after I bought the steampod. Hardly took me any time to master it but I was frightened of it to start with.

I'd never had a keratin straightener treatment but I too was booked in to have one and cancelled after I bought the steampod. Hardly took me any time to master it but I was frightened of it to start with.
I'd been having the Keratin straightening over the past year and although it DID smooth it out, I still found myself washing and topping up with the straighteners every day. I won't knock it too much as I think it's helped me grow my hair from a pixie cut to a short bob. I think using the SP though is going to really speed growing it up as I'm sure there'll be less breakage now I'm having to wash it less and am using a less harsh method of straightening.
Think it'd do really well on Qvc but as a Loreal product, I'm not sure whether QVC would go for it....

Oh heck. This is now on my wish list!!! I have badly behaved hair!! This sounds like a dream. Wish Q did it because I could really trial it for 30 days. Although this forum everyone is honest so it sounds like a fab product!

Look at some of the utubes reviews. My hair was a nightmare especially in damp weather, now it looks good all the time. It is below below the shoulders and looks great, I even cut it myself now which is a saving. It is cut into a pageboy with layers. I followed a Cosmo demo and to learn to cut it myself.

I see that look fantastic.com have 20% off at the moment. Am very, very tempted!!

Check that it applies to electricals. I had to wait until it was specifically on offer as their standard 20% off didn't include it when I bought.

Hope it does for you, though. Tis a fab bit of kit.

Ok I was tempted the 20% wasnt on it but still cheaper than anywhere else and free postage, now Im excited for it to arrive, do I have to go and get the proper cream for it or can I use anything else

Ok I was tempted the 20% wasnt on it but still cheaper than anywhere else and free postage, now Im excited for it to arrive, do I have to go and get the proper cream for it or can I use anything else
I use a john Frieda frizzease one or an organix one simply because I already had them. I sometimes put a bit of argan oil on the ends once i've used the steampod because my hair is sometimes still a bit big until the second day. I have quite fine hair but loads of it. I've never used the L'oreal one. I might buy it to try if I find it at a good price when I need some more heat protector.

I use a john Frieda frizzease one or an organix one simply because I already had them. I sometimes put a bit of argan oil on the ends once i've used the steampod because my hair is sometimes still a bit big until the second day. I have quite fine hair but loads of it. I've never used the L'oreal one. I might buy it to try if I find it at a good price when I need some more heat protector.

ILS - I can send you some of mine if you like. I'll need to get hold of a small pot first, though.

Lucy-loo - so hope you love it after we've been bigging it up!!!

Can't wait to see how you get on. Am still dithering!!

Latest posts

Back