Genie Instant Line Smoother

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lilylurknomore

Registered Shopper
Was tempted to go for the try me Genie kit that's been on this afternoon but isn't the line smoother just a silicone product that temporarily fills a wrinkle? Checked out the large size and wow there's an awful lot of 1 star reviews, so it's put me off.

Has anyone bought it in the past and had good results? The before/afters look quite good BUT the models don't actually smile so I'm wondering if it's all smoke and mirrors?!

I bought it for the lines on my top lip. It worked on the finer lines, but didn't do much for the deeper ones. It left a white residue, as well. But I think I may have over done it. I applied quite a thick layer, and I think you're supposed to use it thinner, with two applications. I haven't used it since. I think there is a better product out there, but not sure what it is.

I bought it and sent it back. I don't have many lines and those that are there ~ around the eye area ~ are very fine. It made no difference whatsoever and as Maria said, it left a white residue. Pointless product imo!

The "frozen" faces of the models says it all. Nobody speaks or laughs. Carmen just manages a frozen half-smile, which never changes. Genie model Debbie can't even manage that. I've seen Amica demonstrating and she can't move her face either. I bought this stuff and it felt horrid, chucked it in the bin.

It is about as useful as having a facial to get rid of wrinkles :thinking:

I bought some years ago, and ended up chucking it away! Didn't buy from QVC, so couldn't send it back.

I've tried it too. It's not a silicone filler but more like a serum that dries and tightens. I use it around the eyes and it does improve the lines but I think I'm the only one who notices! I just keep it for special occasions now because it's not really worth the effort.

I didn't find it did anything, fine lines did look a bit better, but they were hardly noticeable, one deeper one I had just looked the same, found it uncomfortable, and it left a rough patch even though I didn't overload. I sent it back.

Don't waste your money, I've tried it and the wrinkles are still there......adds to the character i suppose! ! :blush:

A smidgeon of egg white smoothed across your mush would have the same effect once dried. Your skin would be as tight as a drum.

The "frozen" faces of the models says it all. Nobody speaks or laughs. Carmen just manages a frozen half-smile, which never changes. Genie model Debbie can't even manage that. I've seen Amica demonstrating and she can't move her face either. I bought this stuff and it felt horrid, chucked it in the bin.

I've tried it few years ago and it did nothing for me apart making the skin around the eyes dry and it cracks when you smile so you end up looking worse.

But what I've noticed for this product and 24/7 also, is that QVC always gets the models who naturally have slightly asymmetric faces (Frankie, Ameka and the lady they use for the Genie), i.e. one side of their faces is naturally slightly higher then the other side.
They go on and on how the product has 'lifted' the eyebrow compared to the other eye (Alison is particularly guilty of this). It's an obvious trick and why are they allowed to say that the product has done it, when it's obvious it was like that in the before shot anyway, is beyond me. Where is the independent advertising control to pull them up on it? You know the one that Alison keeps going on about and says how highly regulated they are. Not!

I see they are still trying to flog the 3 piece Try Me Genie collection tonight (219424). American guest presenters still in studio with Alison. Interesting to look at the latest review though, The reviewer is asking where all of the previous reviews for this set have gone and mentions that these were not favourable. Jiggery pokery with reviews again eh? Loadsa stock to shift so we can't have honest opinions on website maybe?

I got some of this when me and QVC were in the first flush of love and I fell for the hype, load of old rubbish that did nothing apart from make my skin look dull and flaky, binned it as 30 days MBG was up. Taught me to be a bit more cynical about their claims.

I caught one of these demos a couple of days ago. The models have clearly been told not to smile. Alison and the presenter were joking about and it was hilarious seeing one of the models trying to avoid a smile. Whilst you may be smooth and wrinkle free your mates are going to think you are a miserable b*ggr.

But what I've noticed for this product and 24/7 also, is that QVC always gets the models who naturally have slightly asymmetric faces (Frankie, Ameka and the lady they use for the Genie), i.e. one side of their faces is naturally slightly higher then the other side.
They go on and on how the product has 'lifted' the eyebrow compared to the other eye (Alison is particularly guilty of this). It's an obvious trick and why are they allowed to say that the product has done it, when it's obvious it was like that in the before shot anyway, is beyond me. Where is the independent advertising control to pull them up on it? You know the one that Alison keeps going on about and says how highly regulated they are. Not!

I've pointed out the same to my daughter particularly re Frankie and the 24/7 - she always says she's already done that side of her face with the higher eyebrow - do they think we're dumb? Yes I suppose they do...!

Latest posts

Back