He is grinding my gears!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely all members of the forum have the right to express their opinion? Just because Steve is company owner does not remove his right to counteract opinions expressed about his company that he disagrees with? We are all adults, entitled to our opinions, able to view the opinions of others, and then decide upon our response. How much 'goading' is acceptable before one responds? I'm not taking sides, here, as I agree with some of the points Lee raised, but freedom of speech is freedom of speech, for everyone!!!

Why shouldn't Steve have the right of reply? Isn't he just defending his employees / his company? Why should he have to use the PM facility? Mr Jones isn't using it.

IMO since joining st.com Mr Jones has made many negative and ascerbic comments - across the forum (not aimed at just one channel). There have been reminders that he's allowed to voice his opinion when other forum members have felt upset by his comments. Fine, no problem.

So why should Steve be treated differently? Why should his reply be professional when the attacks aren't?

Sorry but I don't see why there should be one rule for some and another for others.

I think Steve has said what a lot of members of this forum have been thinking for a very long time regarding the continuous negative non constructive provocative comments made by some members.

Quite agree PR I expect Steve thought long and hard before responding.

Why shouldn't Steve have the right of reply? Isn't he just defending his employees / his company? Why should he have to use the PM facility? Mr Jones isn't using it.

IMO since joining st.com Mr Jones has made many negative and ascerbic comments - across the forum (not aimed at just one channel). There have been reminders that he's allowed to voice his opinion when other forum members have felt upset by his comments. Fine, no problem.

So why should Steve be treated differently? Why should his reply be professional when the attacks aren't?

Sorry but I don't see why there should be one rule for some and another for others.
to true Meeshoo Mr jones has gone out of his way to upset as many people as he can and that is NOT right, steve is a member he has the same rights as us others to voice his opinions he has just as much right to retaliate to the constant barrage, MD or not, so does that mean Graham as you are this sites owner you are not allowed to respond either

i thought Steve's reply very unprofessional

Me too, I'm afraid although I have every sympathy and totally understand. The "gent" in question is probably thrilled with this result.

Steve - I love it that you come to the defence of your employees, but my belief is that he is here only for the "fun" of the wind-up and, in the knowledge that it's all very transparent anyway, is probably best left to get on with it. I believe, given your position as owner/Director of the Company, a dignified silence may well have been the better option whilst supporting your guys in private.

As regards whether you do or don't have the best presenters, that's definitely a matter of personal opinion and what your customers enjoy or otherwise. I love the fact that they are comfortable and relaxed, not screaming dubious comments in the current hysterical, unbelievable and uninformative fashion so prevalent on the dark side. This too must be very painful for you, as so many of them were "yours" first, obviously well taught at the time, and all that now wasted. xxxxxxxxxxx

Lee as you have never bought from us, why the heck do you keep watchin?

You dont like the presenters, so please for the sake of your health, go and watch something else.

Or if your just a bored competitor, then why not phone me up directly and have a go at me directly!

i am sick to death of you having a go at my presenters who are a)very professional and b)human beings with feelings.

Whilst it is is true they are in the public eye and should be able to deal with people like you, nobody would watch Ant and Dec if they didn't like them, now would they?

Alan along with the rest of my team are all really nice people and although we all have lots to learn in becoming perfect presenters, I dont think we are ever going to appeal to you.

Good bye

Well flip - where does one begin with this... :mysmilie_381:

• I am not a 'competitor' and I don't understand why you constantly throw that word around when anything negative comes your way.
  • I assume you have gone onto your sparkly new, yet fragile computer system and searched Lee Jones only to find no record and so make the assumption I have never ordered from you - you were wrong to make that assumption. But I can tell you that neither I or 'Mrs Jones' shall be ordering again, this obviously won't matter to a big corp like yourselves, oh no wait your a 'family business' who in its infancy I would have thought needed all the custom it can attain - so smart move!
  • I have always said people should be allowed to post their opinions good or bad, however I do find it unprofessional for the C.E.O of a company who takes such a front line role in the business, to come onto a discussion forum to attack a viewer / customer.
  • Following on from this, there does seem to be a lot of loyal customers of the Bennett family, many of which posting to praise the above post by Steve, no problem with people being loyal - but I think these people should realise that people are entitled to different opinions. It's OK for Steve to post what he thinks but no one else if they have something negative to say? Isn't it strange that Steve takes the time to reply to this silly tittle tattle, but makes no comment to the person who has posted to say a stone has fallen out of a piece they purchased.
  • Talking of priorities, surely ten minutes would be better spent improving the appearance of ones hands & nails to ensure the upmost professional appearance on-screen, instead.... we are treated to long scruffy nails, oh but at least we saw some lovely PowerPoint print-outs!
  • Funnily enough, I'm not a great fan of Ant and Dec, but I do enjoy the Celebrity Jungle programme so I put up with them to enjoy what I feel is more important than the presenters, which is the programme itself. Just like when watching Rocks TV and other channels, I'm not watching to be entertained by the presenters, I'm watching because they are showcasing product which I may be interested in buying, that's why Steve, your channel is listed in the shopping section of the Sky Guide not the Entertainment!
  • Also I'm sure Alan and Co are lovely people, professional - well no they are not but that can boil down to several factors include they way they are produced and managed. But come on, nothing I have said has been particular harsh, constructive yes, any worse than what has been said about other presenters on this forum? Not at all, I refer again to Caroline Lynsday, one of Steve's former employees. The poor woman received something that bared a lashing which I hate to think had an influence on her not appearing on TJC as had been previously announced.
  • On a separate note whilst were all clearing our thoughts, I would also to say that the comment made on air the other night that Rocks TV wants to take over the diamond business has to be laughed at judging by the samples sold. I just fear vulnerable viewers may listen to the salesman / C.E.O shouting about the carat weight, and not realise that when that is made up of several (tens and tens of separate diamonds) - it's worth is actually a heck of a lot less than if it were just one stone.

Anyway a glass of vino seems most appropriate at this moment in time...

:mysmilie_114:

Well said Steve! Lots of us have felt that we have an atagonist in our midst, or someone who is immensely jealous of the success and niceness of a genuine family company.
All the presenters, in my opinion are fun, friendly, loyal and put themselves out to be helpful to customers, always replying to email requests and trying to keep people happy, always polite, even in the face of criticism occasionally. Its a great pity that people on the forum who feel offended so easily by others can't realise that when they make personal attacks on presenters, they are probably causing distress and hurt feelings.
Treat others as you yourself would like to be treated.

Jealous? I can't think of one reason why I would be jealous, please do enlighten all as to where this terrible assumption has arisen from.

Steve perfect is boring i personally like the little hiccups you have, i love it when Alan goes into his giggles and Rods smile has got Wallace beat hands down and we all want what Jamies on never known a feller so hypo (bless) we watch because it is fun watching and fun buying you tell all your guys and gals to ignore the Trolls

Troll? That is a bit of a nasty description for someone who doesn't agree with the majority...

Great post Steve - numerous well made points.

I'm sure many of us are bored with the constant attempts to provoke a response.

Provoke a response? My lovely please please please see sense, I can't keep repeating myself on this small minded view... ITS A DIFFERENCE OF OPINION.

I think Steve has said what a lot of members of this forum have been thinking for a very long time regarding the continuous negative non constructive provocative comments made by some members.

I would like someone (I choose Meeshooe) to read through my comments and find the ones that are non-constructive! Isn't it funny, not all my postings have been negative, I have posted several times in praise of the different aspects of different channels and products, I even posted saying how I enjoyed watching Steve and Baz. How things change.

i thought Steve's reply very unprofessional

At last some common sense.

Given the sly snidey comments aimed directly at him and Sarah when they have professionally and politely offered further advice etc on previous criticism thrown at them by this member - fair play I say, MD or no!!!

...just my opinion of course!!! :)

Sly, snidey comments? You mean constructive opinions dear.

I agree to an extent, although some people may share the opinion of me, that the C.E.O of the company, and a man who takes regular centre stage on the channel, will only cause his image and company damage by attacking a viewer and former customer.

to true Meeshoo Mr jones has gone out of his way to upset as many people as he can and that is NOT right, steve is a member he has the same rights as us others to voice his opinions he has just as much right to retaliate to the constant barrage, MD or not, so does that mean Graham as you are this sites owner you are not allowed to respond either

Who have I upset? If so... deliberately? Of course not.

If people are so wrapped up in the Bennett family, that any negativity causes upset, then you need to see the doctor in my opinion.

Lee, every last one of us is entitled to our opinion, whatever it may be. There is absolutely no denying that and no one is trying to stop you having yours.

The reason people become irate and are hoorah-ing Steve's post is because you have thrown criticism after criticism after criticism at Rocks. They have endeavoured to answer as best they can, but your usual response to their polite and professional answers is sly snidey come backs which, to be honest occasionally border on downright rude, insulting and inappropriate, so it is difficult to see what difference it makes whether they address you in a professional manner or not to be fair - after all, the response they get back is going to be the same, so why not vent their spleen in the process...had it been me, I would have done it FAR sooner!!!

...and seriously, your sanctimonious use of terms of endearment is so far beyond condescending it borders on rude.

Last edited:
Lee, every last one of us is entitled to our opinion, whatever it may be. There is absolutely no denying that and no one is trying to stop you having yours.

The reason people become irate and are hoorah-ing Steve's post is because you have thrown criticism after criticism after criticism at Rocks. They have endeavoured to answer as best they can, but your usual response to their polite and professional answers is sly snidey come backs which, to be honest occasionally border on downright rude, insulting and inappropriate, so it is difficult to see what difference it makes whether they address you in a professional manner or not to be fair - after all, the response they get back is going to be the same, so why not vent their spleen in the process...had it been me, I would have done it FAR sooner!!!

This just isn't true, check back - not every post I have made in the Rocks TV section has been negative (why am I repeating myself already) - the only two which received a response was Sarah Bennett offering me the opportunity to visit to check the accounts, my response to her was not snide, it was a genuine question which went unanswered.

The second being a comment about Steve's nails, his fan club might not have liked this, and may be able to look past them, but I as an outside viewer looking to purchase, does find it distracting and not pleasing on the eye.

Just to point out though Lee, you wouldn't find a 1ct solitaire for £249 anywhere!

Last edited:
Hey, Graham, that's a little unfair. Why shouldn't Sarah answer a point that Lee raised re carat size etc?? She has been polite and professional - far more so than Lee Jones normally manages to be to her. I don't see why she ought to stop yet he may continue unabaited???

Hey, Graham, that's a little unfair. Why shouldn't Sarah answer a point that Lee raised re carat size etc?? She has been polite and professional. I don't see an issue!

Because I find it totally WRONG to use my site to slag off a competitor with a fake user name.

That's not what I meant. I meant why should she stop posting comments. You started your post by saying 'Stop it. AND...' thereby the fake user name being a seperate issue. I was asking why she should stop it, I didn't mention anything about a user name!

If people are so wrapped up in the Bennett family, that any negativity causes upset, then you need to see the doctor in my opinion.

Lee I hope you don't mind but first of all I very very very rarely buy from RocksTV so I am most definitely NOT wrapped up in the Bennett family and I don't work for RocksTV before I get asked!

The reason people get so upset with you is your barbed comments such as the section above. This is condescending and rude to many of RocksTV customers. RocksTV IS a family run firm and the Bennetts have been very good at trying to include customers in their decisions. In fact I can't count the number of times that somebody has posted on here that they have a problem and Steve, Sarah, John or Katherine when she was at RocksTV have posted saying "please contact us as we want to help". It's a very rare occurrence that you see one of them lose their temper.

Whilst you may not agree with Steve's comments, you must surely understand that you have laid yourself open by posting thread after thread of what you consider to be constructive criticism and others see as negativity.

May I also second PR's comments that your use of "my love" and other types of mysogynistic derrogatory titles, doesn't endear you to many and in fact has the effect of alienating some who may otherwise agree with some of the points you make.

That's not what I meant. I meant why should she stop posting comments. You started your post by saying 'Stop it. AND...' thereby the fake user name being a seperate issue. I was asking why she should stop it, I didn't mention anything about a user name!

I said that because she did not respond to one point.

BTW I am ****** furious!

Sorry Sweetie...

So someone telling you that they find this kind of comment rude and insulting just makes you say it more then does it??? .....yeah....really constructive comments you're making there!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back