He is grinding my gears!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said that because she did not one point.
BTW I am ****** furious!

Sorry...really can't think of a way of saying this without sounding really sarky or something, and I genuinely don't mean to....I don't understand what you mean.

Just to point out though Lee, you wouldn't find a 1ct solitaire for £249 anywhere!

In terms of my diamond comments, that was based on the diamond hour on the weekend, also ironic that Steve proclaimed to want to take over the diamond business, when weeks earlier he was repeatedly saying how Rocks couldn't compete with anyone else on diamonds! In my opinion, quality diamonds... TJC is the channel to watch, to me - they are the only company on TV to make absolute clear the grade and quality of diamonds.

Lee I hope you don't mind but first of all I very very very rarely buy from RocksTV so I am most definitely NOT wrapped up in the Bennett family and I don't work for RocksTV before I get asked!

The reason people get so upset with you is your barbed comments such as the section above. This is condescending and rude to many of RocksTV customers. RocksTV IS a family run firm and the Bennetts have been very good at trying to include customers in their decisions. In fact I can't count the number of times that somebody has posted on here that they have a problem and Steve, Sarah, John or Katherine when she was at RocksTV have posted saying "please contact us as we want to help". It's a very rare occurrence that you see one of them lose their temper.

Whilst you may not agree with Steve's comments, you must surely understand that you have laid yourself open by posting thread after thread of what you consider to be constructive criticism and others see as negativity.

May I also second PR's comments that your use of "my love" and other types of mysogynistic derrogatory titles, doesn't endear you to many and in fact has the effect of alienating some who may otherwise agree with some of the points you make.

I take your comments on board, I enjoy your postings and have enjoyed our love hate banter in the past.

So someone telling you that they find this kind of comment rude and insulting just makes you say it more then does it??? .....yeah....really constructive comments you're making there!!

No I personally don't, and I assume all the staff members and viewers who have called in and been called sweetie by Mr Bennett didn't find it rude and insulting!

No I personally don't, and I assume all the staff members and viewers who have called in and been called sweetie by Mr Bennett didn't find it rude and insulting!

So which part of my previous post where I informed you of that these comments are 'so far beyond condascending they are bordering on rude' were you having a problem with when you chose to post a comment that was purely designed to provoke on that basis?

So which part of my previous post where I informed you of that these comments are 'so far beyond condascending they are bordering on rude' were you having a problem with when you chose to post a comment that was purely designed to provoke on that basis?

I'm sorry, but I can't hold back now... this is the second post you have made this evening which in my opinion tells me you are wrapped in a Rocks TV bubble.

Firstly, someone points our that Sarah has posted as an alta-ego to post negative comments regarding other channels (I don't want to hear her make any complaint's about me posting anything negatively again!) but you ignore this and try to criticise the poster on another remark.

Secondly, I attempted to point out that Steve calls people sweetie frequently, you found it offensive, would you find it as offensive if Steve called you it?

Not trying to provoke anything, was pointing out how in your eyes its ok for one person to do it, but not for someone else!

Lee - I just want to say that I've just looked at each of "Tommy's" posts and in all honesty they're not particularly negative! In fact in one she's actually congratulating Fi from GemsTV on the birth of her baby. The other posts (mostly on the Rocks & Co forum) are actually confirming what everybody knew anyway and that's that Rocks & Co have lied about who owns them and how they conduct their business (i.e. number of people on the phone etc). Actually the posts are quite tame when you've seen some in the past.

Now having said all that, I don't agree that any of the Vendors should post on others sections of the forum but this has gone on for years. I believe that TJC, GemsTV and Rocks & Co have all been guilty.

One final thought. If somebody you like and respect uses a term of endearment, you are more likely to respond positively. If somebody who you don't agree with uses the same term in a more negative scenario it won't provoke the same response. Yep, different rules but it's human nature!

Lee - I just want to say that I've just looked at each of "Tommy's" posts and in all honesty they're not particularly negative! In fact in one she's actually congratulating Fi from GemsTV on the birth of her baby. The other posts (mostly on the Rocks & Co forum) are actually confirming what everybody knew anyway and that's that Rocks & Co have lied about who owns them and how they conduct their business (i.e. number of people on the phone etc). Actually the posts are quite tame when you've seen some in the past.

Now having said all that, I don't agree that any of the Vendors should post on others sections of the forum but this has gone on for years. I believe that TJC, GemsTV and Rocks & Co have all been guilty.

One final thought. If somebody you like and respect uses a term of endearment, you are more likely to respond positively. If somebody who you don't agree with uses the same term in a more negative scenario it won't provoke the same response. Yep, different rules but it's human nature!

I am sorry there is no way on this Earth this can be defended and it is not the members fault it is the fault of Sarah Bennett.

Firstly, I couldn't give a rats behind about the whole alter ego thing. As Graham himself has mentioned before TJC are the only company that hasn't done that on this forum. As far as I am concerned, that is a conversation for Graham and Rocks and Graham and 'representatives of the other channels that have done it' and doesn't involve me, so why would I comment on it????

You CONSTANTLY call people lovey or sweetie to condascend them. It has been commented on before in other threads, I am sure you remember. You quoted a post I made and did it to me AGAIN, so I edited a post I made informing you of MY OPINION of your doing this. You did not come back and say 'Well Steve does it all the time', you didn't come back and say 'Well you don't mind when Steve calls people Sweetie', you quoted my post and offered the reply "Sorry Sweetie" as though you were sticking 2 fingers up to my finding it rude. Am I opinionated? Oh yes! Gobby? Without any shadow of doubt. Slightly psychotic? Upon occasion. Psychic?? Nah...not so much!!!

Finally you know absolutely nothing about me. You don't know my job. You don't know what I do in my spare time. Rocks is a fantastic, light, easy viewing distraction to other things that I see/do/hear every day that I don't doubt would make many people shy away into a corner and cry, so to suggest I live in this bubble when I see the harshest most obscene realities you can come into contact with on a daily basis is a wee bit of a presumption on your part.

Firstly, I couldn't give a rats behind about the whole alter ego thing. As Graham himself has mentioned before TJC are the only company that hasn't done that on this forum. As far as I am concerned, that is a conversation for Graham and Rocks and Graham and 'representatives of the other channels that have done it' and doesn't involve me, so why would I comment on it????

Because it is the most important thing on this thread?

Graham, I am a member of the forum rather than the owner, so I guess my views come from a different slant, I don't know. I consider someone making posts to purposely goad someone (the 'sorry sweetie' post) as more important. As I have said before though, diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks. I think that if I were in your position I would feel the same and I can see why you are mad, but it doesn't get my goat in the same way. Sure would be a boring world if all the same things got all our backs up the same though! :)

Graham, I am a member of the forum rather than the owner, so I guess my views come from a different slant, I don't know. I consider someone making posts to purposely goad someone (the 'sorry sweetie' post) as more important. As I have said before though, diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks. I think that if I were in your position I would feel the same and I can see why you are mad, but it doesn't get my goat in the same way. Sure would be a boring world if all the same things got all our backs up the same though! :)

Very true and I am sorry I should not take it out on you, the only person who really needs to answer is Sarah Bennett.

Well, I must be very naive because I had no idea this sort of thing was going on.
PR, if I feel people are posting just to goad and get a reaction, I always ignore them and never reply in the hope they'll just get bored.
On the other hand, posting under false pretences is another matter entirely and quite uncalled-for imo. I'm very disappointed.

Hi Graham,

I have just emailed you privately but feel free to post it on here if you want

Regards

Sarah Bennett

You CONSTANTLY call people lovey or sweetie to condascend them. It has been commented on before in other threads, I am sure you remember. You quoted a post I made and did it to me AGAIN, so I edited a post I made informing you of MY OPINION of your doing this. You did not come back and say 'Well Steve does it all the time', you didn't come back and say 'Well you don't mind when Steve calls people Sweetie', you quoted my post and offered the reply "Sorry Sweetie" as though you were sticking 2 fingers up to my finding it rude. Am I opinionated? Oh yes! Gobby? Without any shadow of doubt. Slightly psychotic? Upon occasion. Psychic?? Nah...not so much!!!

Finally you know absolutely nothing about me. You don't know my job. You don't know what I do in my spare time. Rocks is a fantastic, light, easy viewing distraction to other things that I see/do/hear every day that I don't doubt would make many people shy away into a corner and cry, so to suggest I live in this bubble when I see the harshest most obscene realities you can come into contact with on a daily basis is a wee bit of a presumption on your part.

Interesting you should say that PR. I've often thought that shopping telly (especially luxury items such as jewellery) is probably a form of escapism for many of us. xxxxx

Totally agree! My job is soooooooo stressful that it's a real pleasure to oggle gemstones, buy jewellery (doesn't have to be expensive) and have the pleasure of designing stuff. It's a hobby and an escape mechanism from every day life on occasion.

Ok, well i agree with Graham on this one. Whilst i don't agree with all of Lee Jones comments (i actually rather like alan, enjoy watching him) he does have a right to his opinion on here. YES Steve has a right to reply, but to do so on a public forum is unprofessional in my opinion. I know there are alot of very loyal rocks fans on this forum, and thats great but i think its a bit unfair that whenever someone posts something not too flattering about rocks they get shouted down by certain members. Saying that, i do understand that people want to defend their opinion and what they like and enjoy, but perhaps we could agree to disagree a little more.
I do agree with Lee Jones on one point, why does Steve throw the word competitor around whenever someone puts a negative comment? surely its human nature that not everyone is going to love his channel, people are different and there for enjoy/like different things. Whilst some people will love the casual family run style of rocks, others may see it as abit unprofessional.
Finally to the most important thing said on this thread, why on earth is Sarah Bennett acting in such an unprofessional manner? Posting under a fake name is basically pathetic and childish IMO! Rocks are quick to band the word "competitor" about when anyone makes a negative comment making out its other channels slagging them off and giving the impression they are above that sort of behaviour when sarah is posting under a fake name! Totally out of order. I am sure she has sent a email to graham full of excuses ( have never seen or heard rocks take responsibility for any mistakes etc, always excuses) but there isn't really an excuse for this, and yes i am sure other channels have done it too, and that is also totally out of order. This forum is for chat about jewellery, making friends and having fun, not for silly jewellery sellers to play childish games - ok everyone, feel free to have a go at me now :mysmilie_11:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back