How long have you been watching QVC?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Seeing as it's QVC's 16th Birthday on 1st October, I just wondered how long you've all been watching it for? Have any of you been watching it since it began? I've been watching it for 15 years now (too long I know!) :grin:

Same here 15 years:thinking2:

I can't remember really, I used to watch very occasionally as a teenager about ten or so years ago - my sister and liked to laugh at it, it seemed very funny to us at the time..... Then I forgot all about it and grew up (apparently) and have been watching it (very)regularly for about four or five years............ It seems to have had the very shifty ability to seem as though it's always been a part of my life though - I can't imagine what I ever did without it............:thinking2:

since the multi coloured plastic rolykit was invented! Since the pink packaged Liz Earle products, when she also sold her own jewellry range.

I started in October 1997 when it kept me company through many hours of study for Uni...like someone chatting away in the background but didn't have to follow the story line!

First purchase was a Revlon electric nail file set, which I've still got and use!

Sister visited in the November, watched one programme was hooked and Sky fitted at her house a week or two later!

Only about 5 years. I dread to think how much I wasted buying stuff I didn't need or want in the first couple of years. I have since got wise, and even resisted buying some A'kin yesterday (seeing as I had got a better deal on Mypure ... although I was mildly tempted by 3 easy pays on one kit ...)

We first got Sky in the summer of 1999 when I was on my last maternity leave, but I can't remember watching QVC in those days. I vaguely remember watching Shop. I first began watching QVC around 2003, but didn't buy anything for ages.

I've been watching for about 15 years though don't watch nearly as much as I used to in the early days.
Alison Young was like a God for me,being a beauty junkie.I thought she was the bees knees,still think she's great but I don't latch on to every word coming out of her mouth anymore.
Sillysausage,I remember buying some jewellery of Liz Earle's but sent it back & I don't send stuff back very often.
They were little heart earrings & they were absolutely tiny

used to watch and laugh in the early days, never shopped, then something must have happended to me, maybe their stuff got better or my brain got worse and I started to buy and I have not been able to stop.......when I got the Christmas card about two years ago I got very worried, it was almost like a greeting from a drug dealer! I must have spent a mini fortune on all sorts of trash that seemed completely necessary and irresitable at the time. I do like it on in the background as there is something oddly soothing about it, everything is wonderful, it's never ok\alright\not too bad, it's life changing, indispensible, marvellous etc etc, how unlike real life!

3 years ago when I was on sick leave with severe depression and all I could do was watch telly. At times it seemed like QVC saved my life and I will be eternally grateful. :clapping:

Now that I am recovering, I'm not so grateful for the drain on my credit card !! I don't watch quite as much now but I find the gentle chatter and laughter very relaxing in the background.

Linda xx

3 years ago when I was on sick leave with severe depression and all I could do was watch telly. At times it seemed like QVC saved my life and I will be eternally grateful. :clapping:

Now that I am recovering, I'm not so grateful for the drain on my credit card !! I don't watch quite as much now but I find the gentle chatter and laughter very relaxing in the background.

Linda xx

I have to agree with you Linda, as someone herself that has suffered from depression, QVC can be quite therapeutic. I also find the same of some of the bid tv presenters Peter Simon/Sherlok.
I've been watching QVC since we had sky installed in 1998 while I was in hospital having my eldest daughter.

I had a very bad patch a few years ago with my mental health and am not too well at the moment, for all that I laugh at QVC i do find it very soothing and unthreatening when i am having a rough day. Also find this forum lifts my mood a lot, very amusing posts and I like reading all different opinions. If I can't sleep I switch it on as it just feels safe and familiar. Actually have just thought that even laughing at the fashion is quite theraputic as it moved me on from a stage where I was just numb with depression.

I dread to think how much money I've spent on QVC items over the past 15 years. If I added it all up I'd probably faint on the spot! :grin:

I had a very bad patch a few years ago with my mental health and am not too well at the moment, for all that I laugh at QVC i do find it very soothing and unthreatening when i am having a rough day. Also find this forum lifts my mood a lot, very amusing posts and I like reading all different opinions. If I can't sleep I switch it on as it just feels safe and familiar. Actually have just thought that even laughing at the fashion is quite theraputic as it moved me on from a stage where I was just numb with depression.
Silversequin, I know what you mean. I hope you'll feel a bit better soon.:heart:

Latest posts

Back