Is everyone else as bored as I am?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

To be honest I`d be hard put to find anything from Q which I`d actually want to give to someone. I do 99% of my Christmas shopping online and find much nicer things at much better prices and often with free p and p from elsewhere. There`s practically nothing for children or teenagers, barely anything suitable for adult males and any items which may be ideal Christmas gifts are either spoiled by the p and p costs or in danger of arriving used/damaged or end up completely lost.
Silver CZ jewellery is available everywhere, you could be wasting your time and money unless you know 100% which skincare or makeup female relatives use and for perfume, bath and body products etc websites such as Boots, M and S, Next, Superdrug, The Perfume Shop, Bronnley, Crabtree and Evelyn, Space NK etc etc have special deals and a much wider choice.
Also for those people impossible to buy for because they have everything, the online World is awash with gift cards of every type., not to mention websites selling books, music, food and drink, leather goods, woollen items, handmade gifts and so on.
It beats me why anybody uses QVC !

Who the hell doesn't know how to split things up as gifts they treat us like imbeciles ,but no wait we won't want to split them up because we are so going to fall in love with everything and selfishly keep everything for ourselves,thank heavens I have no need to be buying a gift for anyone,my money will be sent to the dogs home.:mysmilie_48:
You know what, I'm going to buy a chocolate orange, split into segments and wrap each one up. I will then have plenty of last minute gifts for people who call unexpectedly. :mysmilie_17:

Totally agree with thoughts on boredom setting in! Yes, I still watch it rarely but been very disappointed with the same old and obviously the constant Chrimbo Sales!

A shake up would do good to bring back it's Sparkle etc. etc. etc. Even my relatives were saying recently they thought it was poor of late!!!!

I disagree entirely.

it hasn't GOT worse. It's always been bad.

It just suits your thinking psychologically to say it is getting worse, as you are annoyed by it right now.

Green seasons existed last year and will probably exist next year. By definition that is the same old ****, not 'worse'

i used to love qvc when it was first aired. i had very little money then and threes small daughters. money was soooo tight. it was a treat to buy something and a nice experience. in those days qvc was a novelty and they sold items that were unusual. now they are selling boring items at high prices

You know the stupid thing is that if they had anything decent and unusual I would buy it but dear god Poundland is better.

All the jewellery brands that we liked years ago are still on US so why can't UK sell them, after all their mantra is all about the power

You know the stupid thing is that if they had anything decent and unusual I would buy it but dear god Poundland is better.

All the jewellery brands that we liked years ago are still on US so why can't UK sell them, after all their mantra is all about the power

The time when QVC innovated and brought things to air that were new has long gone. I don't mean individual product launches in ranges which are proven sellers. They will pick up on stuff that bloggers are raving about, but they play very safe most of the time... which is often a sign of a company that's not as financially robust at they'd like to you to think.

I see that the upcomming hour is entitled the all new Christmas gift show.

Methinks that a lot of trades description is about to be shot to hell as there will be darn all new about anything on it.

In Q terms how many years can tat be flogged as "new" ideas?

Well we are now 15 minutes into the show and it's TSV for all that time and I assume it will be the last 10 minutes as well.

That doesn't leave long to find a few "new" things.

I must admit the TSV taking up 1/3 of every show (especially when it bears no relationship to the show) on top of their deciated hours (and hours and hours .. yawn) is one of the many things that has made me stop watching.

When I visit The Factory Shop it reminds me of QVC every time! A lot of similar things and very cheap, convinced there is a link with them somewhere, lololololo :mysmilie_50:

Yet another Christmas gift weekend on the way. They're using the same trailer as the last showing, so presumably everything in the show will be the same as well.

Yet another Christmas gift weekend on the way. They're using the same trailer as the last showing, so presumably everything in the show will be the same as well.

It is like a recurring nightmare.

now its Jill i sell everything Gauntlet selling sprays to stop smells in toilet at some rediculous price what a load of carp

I am seriously considering getting some of the Poo Pourri for my brother as a fun Christmas present - but I'm not paying nearly £30. I will just go on Amazon or similar and get a small bottle just as a laugh. I wouldn't have thought of such a product if QVC hadn't featured it... (and it doesn't surprise me that this coy product idea is a US idea) but as my bro already has a novelty warning cone, I think it will tickle his sense of humour in the same way.

Latest posts

Back