Is everyone else as bored as I am?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

that south american river is a far better place to shop, speedy service, good prices and fast refunds.

But just imagine what those figures would be if they had the same systems and prices and delivery costs and timescales as nearly every other company has.

Mr L ordered stuff from Lakeland but unfortunately it wasn't quite what he needed and was just too expensive to make do so he phoned them. Gave him full details of how to return FREE OF CHARGE and he received the refund to his PayPal account immediately and he hadn't even packaged it up yet. Every time I read FB there are numerous complaints about Q not refunding for weeks on end.

that south american river is a far better place to shop, speedy service, good prices and fast refunds.

You actually have to search quite hard to find another outlet which offers as variable (and often disappointing) a level of service!

I am glad for the behind the scenes people (and mainly the ones in Knowsley) that QVC employs, but they do really need to take a long hard look at themselves and stop patting themselves on the back. The world they inhabit has changed. If we want product demonstrations we can find many of them on you tube. If we want discounted prices, we can find them even at source sometimes on the internet... and if you are a regular customer many retailers offer loyalty reductions and discount codes for use. All the ones which are highly regarded are excellent with customer service - which normally includes no ridiculous P&P (where charged) on every individual item, but a single basket charge... where you have different delivery options offered depending on how quickly you need items... which make it easy for you to return items... and refund you quickly. They have websites which show all the options... often with several pictures from different angles (useful for shoes and bags, but also for other items like kitchen items). What they don't have is increasingly irritating and arrogant and unprofessional presenters. Mind you - this would be tumbleweed if there wasn't that selly telly channel to complain about!

I'd like to see QVC do well here in the UK, and I think if they would just get with the 21st century they would be more successful than they currently are. What I don't like to see is profits which are made by padding out P&P and the expense borne by the customer and the brands... which is what I suspect is largely at the root of their £470million.

It was fairly easy to see why none of us could stand Sara G but there are some presenters who just rub us up the wrong way.

Now I can't abide Chuntley but Clare Sutton and Craig, whilst I wouldn't be joining their fan club, don't annoy me all that much.

Sometimes an accent ( there is one stylist I just hate every word she says) or a gesture (Del Boys pointy figure) is all it takes whilst others don't see it at all.

Exactly. It's a given that all of the presenters will annoy somebody, so I'd have thought the best strategy would be to have as diverse a mix of people as possible, instead of which we get Katy Pullinger!!

The Christmas jingle is driving me to distraction at the moment. Surely they are not going to keep this up until the day.

I would have liked this post a thousand times if I could, come back irritating "Love what you find" jingle all is forgiven!!

Jewellery of all descriptions and price ranges is my weakness which is probably why it appealed so much years ago. The last full show I watched was Honora but didn't buy anything.

I now get my "fix" from eBay!

Julia who when said and done is the best of the lot said today that a Kipling see through plastic pocket thingy was a good present at £19.89 if you wanted to spend £20 on a gift for someone who always wanted something from Kipling(?) Well actually Miss J when you add £2.95 postage on to it you would have been a lot more accurate to say if your price range was about £25 .........

We all know that the make a lot of their profit on the P&p but we also know that a fairer structure would shift a lot more items so it seems a very short sighted approach.

That's QVC all over. Debbie was sweating Leigh whilst she was running through the shade choices for the foundation, as she presumably considered that dead air time that could be devoted to extolling the merits of the kit, but it is actually vitally important to their profits that the customer has the highest chance possible of getting a satisfactory match. If we all finish up with the wrong shade, they will be getting a load of returns and cancelled auto deliveries, but they never see the bigger picture. When Jill did the Molton Brown TSV launch, and kept overriding the brand ambassador's attempts to manage customers expectations, it made me wonder whether their commission is affected if they get loads of returns on the items they sell. I'm guessing it probably isn't, as that would certainly explain why they couldn't care less whether an item is suitable or not, we just need to get it home!!:mysmilie_13:

Just a warning for those who found the Carol of the Bells rather creepy - it's making an appearance today... I've heard it several times already and they've only been live since 9am!

AndiK..........QVC continues to invest in developing partnerships with brands and bringing new and exciting products to its customer base......

Well, we wait with baited breath on that statement. I think the word 'exciting' is rather overegging the pudding on this occasion. NOTHING about any of Q's products can by any stretch of the imagination be described as 'EXCITING' !! A word continually used by their presenters.

AndiK..........QVC continues to invest in developing partnerships with brands and bringing new and exciting products to its customer base......

Well, we wait with baited breath on that statement. I think the word 'exciting' is rather overegging the pudding on this occasion. NOTHING about any of Q's products can by any stretch of the imagination be described as 'EXCITING' !! A word continually used by their presenters.

The usual bland platitudes from an unimaginative PR department in a self-congratulatory press release.

... they do really need to take a long hard look at themselves and stop patting themselves on the back. The world they inhabit has changed. If we want product demonstrations we can find many of them on you tube. If we want discounted prices, we can find them even at source sometimes on the internet... and if you are a regular customer many retailers offer loyalty reductions and discount codes for use. All the ones which are highly regarded are excellent with customer service - which normally includes no ridiculous P&P (where charged) on every individual item, but a single basket charge... where you have different delivery options offered depending on how quickly you need items... which make it easy for you to return items... and refund you quickly. They have websites which show all the options... often with several pictures from different angles (useful for shoes and bags, but also for other items like kitchen items). What they don't have is increasingly irritating and arrogant and unprofessional presenters. Mind you - this would be tumbleweed if there wasn't that selly telly channel to complain about!

I'd like to see QVC do well here in the UK, and I think if they would just get with the 21st century they would be more successful than they currently are. What I don't like to see is profits which are made by padding out P&P and the expense borne by the customer and the brands... which is what I suspect is largely at the root of their £470million.

You speak for me and many of us. Well, we may not have to wait long for improvements (I jest, of course!) as it seems QVC (the mother ship) is opening a new global business services operation, serving all QVCs worldwide, "expected to help QVC maintain its competitive edge in a vastly changing, dynamic and competitive global marketplace by increasing operational efficiency and establishing world-class global business practices" - see link below [I should just add that I am not obsessed with QVC, honest .... I was looking something up yesterday and the piece about its profits which I posted earlier and the following came up, that's all!]

http://eprretailnews.com/2016/10/12...-operation-based-in-krakow-poland-3455546466/

If the new "global business services" people would consult people on this forum, they might learn all they need to know.

Probably spend millions on think tanks/focus groups/umpteen agencies all with their snouts in the trough whereas we would do a much better game plan FOC (plus P&p of course)

Interesting article AndiK! Maybe they'll sack all the teenage IT staff and employ knowledgeable Polish staff, probably on lower wages too.

Absolutely agree!
I used to buy lots, and have favourite brands as a result, but the days of getting 'value' are gone - even in TSV's, if I like the item, it's easy to find either in Gunwharf Quays outlet (Molton Brown, L'Occitane and Kipling are all conveniently in row! lol), or on Amazon... for example, I bought a pair of Skechers Go Flex, on the TSV day, in the colourway that sold out first, for £35 and free postage.... a whole £15 less than it would have cost from QVC!
I have always liked the look of Lola Rose bracelets, and decided to treat myself to one last week as the price couldn't be beaten elsewhere - but when it arrived I was so disappointed at how small the stones are...... so much for watching QVC on a big screen!!!! lol
So, no, there's not much that tempts me to buy any more..... and I won't even start on the irritating presenters!!

I actually saw Claire Sutton a while back when she was doing a fashion hour (can't for the life of me remember the brand, as I was getting ready to go out at the time). Claire was very calm, speaking in a normal voice, not the giggly 5-year-old version, and not 'preening' herself or twirling around. She seemed to have a good rapport with the female guest, and it was quite pleasant viewing (I know, I know, I need to get out more!!). It showed that they CAN present a product in a rational way if they try, but how often does this happen? Most of the time I watch for 10 mins or so out of curiosity, and then get so annoyed at the spiel, or bored with the product, that I have to switch off or over.

It was fairly easy to see why none of us could stand Sara G but there are some presenters who just rub us up the wrong way.

Now I can't abide Chuntley but Clare Sutton and Craig, whilst I wouldn't be joining their fan club, don't annoy me all that much.

Sometimes an accent ( there is one stylist I just hate every word she says) or a gesture (Del Boys pointy figure) is all it takes whilst others don't see it at all.

There is better stuff there in other channels .I watch or rather tune into qvc only when I am doing an important work and don't want to be disturbed .So it's on mute and I know nothing there will interest me .:mysmilie_17:

Certainly lost it's sparkle lately! I used to watch it a lot and buy a lot, although not obsessively!

Too early for all Christmas shows and the other shows are very samey, beauty, fashion, jewellery, tat etc etc!

Needs a change and my family and friends have almost stopped watching it completely!! :mysmilie_5:

Switched over this morning and there's Chloe Everton, with all the fake exuberance, STILL rattling on about Christmas. Do they intend to talk about nothing but Christmas from now until 25th December? Every single blurdy thing seems to be ideal for a Christmas present, would look good worn at Christmas, makes your house look wonderful for Christmas, is ideal for Christmas parties etc. etc. It is just total overkill, and soooooooo boring. I assume that financially, it IS worth their while to have non-stop Christmas, but personally I would just immediately switch over, and I know so many people who do exactly the same as me! What's next? Non-stop Christmas from January to December?

Switched over this morning and there's Chloe Everton, with all the fake exuberance, STILL rattling on about Christmas. Do they intend to talk about nothing but Christmas from now until 25th December? Every single blurdy thing seems to be ideal for a Christmas present, would look good worn at Christmas, makes your house look wonderful for Christmas, is ideal for Christmas parties etc. etc. It is just total overkill, and soooooooo boring. I assume that financially, it IS worth their while to have non-stop Christmas, but personally I would just immediately switch over, and I know so many people who do exactly the same as me! What's next? Non-stop Christmas from January to December?

Maybe I blocked it out, but I don't remember it being quite so bad last year on Q?

Absolutely agree!
I used to buy lots, and have favourite brands as a result, but the days of getting 'value' are gone - even in TSV's, if I like the item, it's easy to find either in Gunwharf Quays outlet (Molton Brown, L'Occitane and Kipling are all conveniently in row! lol), or on Amazon... for example, I bought a pair of Skechers Go Flex, on the TSV day, in the colourway that sold out first, for £35 and free postage.... a whole £15 less than it would have cost from QVC!
I have always liked the look of Lola Rose bracelets, and decided to treat myself to one last week as the price couldn't be beaten elsewhere - but when it arrived I was so disappointed at how small the stones are...... so much for watching QVC on a big screen!!!! lol
So, no, there's not much that tempts me to buy any more..... and I won't even start on the irritating presenters!!

Primark have some trainers that are very Skecher like in style for about ten to 12 pounds, got memory foam insoles.

I really don't think it was as bad as this last year! It is just being rammed down our throats constantly, The only break from it is at 6am when they seem to have the poppy collection on in a loop. I always flick it on as I get up early for work. I put the news headlines on first and then put QVC on but it is always the same programme (poppy collection) every day. Wonder what they will put on after November 11th? In January I would like to bet it will be constant repeats of the body blade!

Well I have the perfect solution! QVC Christmas - a dedicated, year-round channel for all your Christmas needs. Get ready for the festive season as soon as you like with Christmas lights, trees, decorations, food & drink, music, gift solutions, wrapping solutions, home décor options to keep us warm and cosy... etc.

The other vital channel will be the year-round QVC Get fit for Christmas/Get fit from Christmas channel offering diet food, exercise equipment, exercise dvds, sports clothing and shoes ... etc.

Sorted.

Then they could find other stuff to bore us with on the live channel.

I think if you read the forum around this time last year you will see that we were every bit as fed up the only difference is that we have had 12 more months of annoying presenters so we have even less tolerance now.

Latest posts

Back