Joe Brown Fashion TSV 09/10/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The blonde model wearing the purple dress is nice and slim but the dress clings so much that we can see her 'belly button' quite clearly.

Also what's this 'fashion' for wearing big black clumpy shoes with a dress ? The guest and Pippa are in now and both look ridiculous. Jilly and one of the models last night wore knee length black boots - solid black head to toe. Where are their stylists ?

Poor Jilly, God love her, has done me a huge favour. I could see instantly how I'd look in it. Six pregnacies and 2 C-sections have bestowed me with a proper Mummy-Tummy with a "shelf" from the surgery scar (TMI?). Even if I lost a stone and wore spanx it'd still show in a dress like this. Also I hate embellishment for no good reason - that sleeve looks as though a seagull has "embellished" down it!

I see SCW has already kicked off an OTO thread for today; will the TSV sell out early or be pulled sometime after the Lunchtime show? :happy:

Pulled I reckon.

Who at QVC has decided to humiliate Jilly regularly by making her wear ugly clothes that don't suit her or are completely wrong for her body shape. She looked like 6 bags of spuds in that dress and it's just mean to make her go on air like that. Pipa was on later and even she, who is a skinny Minnie, looked like it was clinging on her stomach. I buy and wear Joe Browns but some of their dresses are cut very skimpy across the stomach and I have to size up. This dress though isn't nice and not the quality I'd expect from JBs.

CC

You are so right Candycane, I thought exactly the same this morning when I tuned in, poor Jilly has been looking a right state in a few of her outfits recently, I felt she was holding her arm across her tummy rather self-consciously trying to hide it, I felt so sorry for her.

I am starting to suspect that the Joe Browns range has been cheapened for QVC. It looks much nicer in the catalogue, and that TSV dress epitomises this. It's horrendous. It's clingy and unflattering, the material looks cheap, it doesn't hang properly. I noticed they'd brought back the mix and match top that was the previous TSV as well. That looked worse than I

I have wore Joe Brown clothes in the past and they are generally very well made and quite edgy looking!
Haven't seen many of the shows on QVC but maybe it's a different source or manufacture nowadays! The office always had the updated brochure and a lot of us would purchase clothes and we were very happy with them! It was a good number of years ago and brands change and update constantly! :mysmilie_7:

Poor Jilly-- it seems she has not 'found her enemies' which I posted a couple of weeks ago when yet again she looked a sight in a get up probably dreamed up by one of the QVC 'super stylists'.I caught a brief sight in a clip this morning but this is a range which is just not for me--too fussy but so many of the garments on QVC are made of fabrics which show every lump & bump--I steer well clear, Jilly should do the same & keep to household, gardening & cooking presentations.

Cannot believe Pippa this morning was saying you could always wear a long scarf shawl or waistcoat to cover up any lumps and bumps!! Why on earth would I want to buy a dress and then wear a shawl or a waistcoat or a long scarf to cover up my lumps and bumps, I wouldn't bother buying the dress in the first place would I

I think it did none of the models any favours at all - even the slim ones. I imagine that QVC will be inundated with returns over the next few days.

I've just turned on the 4pm hour and heard Chloe say "we're renowned for our fashion, we boast about it". Really, Chloe? Renowned? Don't you mean infamous?!!:mysmilie_17:

I thought it looked clingy and would only suit someone who didn't have any lumps and bumps which is probably only about 10% of the population. Also the sleeves looked really long, They were even bunched on the taller models so if you are short they would look awful.

Poor Jilly, God love her, has done me a huge favour. I could see instantly how I'd look in it. Six pregnacies and 2 C-sections have bestowed me with a proper Mummy-Tummy with a "shelf" from the surgery scar (TMI?). Even if I lost a stone and wore spanx it'd still show in a dress like this. Also I hate embellishment for no good reason - that sleeve looks as though a seagull has "embellished" down it!

I see SCW has already kicked off an OTO thread for today; will the TSV sell out early or be pulled sometime after the Lunchtime show? :happy:

To quote the words of Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman when she went back to the designer boutique this TSV is a "Big Mistake, Big, Big Mistake"

I couldn't believe how Jilly looked in this! How awful for her having to wear this rag. The colours were awful, especially that green and I normally really like green. Not even the models looked presentable in it! An absolute fashion disaster even by QVC standards!!

I don't think I have read so many negative comments on FB, in fact I don't think even the groupies could come out in its defence.

If this is the bummer it appears to be Joe Brown might have second thoughts about Q.

I wouldn't mind a guess that QVC told JBs what price the dress would be sold for, and what QVC's cut would be. Effectively the choices would be to wave goodbye to the high volume of sales the brand probably needs; or to sacrifice the quality to enable them to turn some profit. This is potentially another case of QVC ruining the thing that makes the brand attractive. They've done it with Marla Wynne, and now it's Joe Browns' turn.

I don't know what range it is or even the shape of the item but Jilly is wearing a cornflower blue top and the colour really suits her IMO anyway.

Having second thoughts as she has now decided to wear it Bardot style.

I don't know what range it is or even the shape of the item but Jilly is wearing a cornflower blue top and the colour really suits her IMO anyway.

Earlier yesterday evening she had on a cobalt blue slightly cold shoulder T-shirt with some sparkle, and the colour was great. On the Sealy show she had a vibrant mid-blue top and her ubiquitous black trousers, but I totally agree that a mid blue suits her really well. Jilly is very nice looking, and very real. I much prefer to see presenters in clothing which suits them for cut and style as well as colour. I don't imagine Jilly wears dresses which are the style of the TSV in her own life... Maybe a maxi dress for parties and holidays. When they brought out the pashmina last night was the one time she looked comfortable in the dress because she could cover up!

To quote the words of Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman when she went back to the designer boutique this TSV is a "Big Mistake, Big, Big Mistake"

"Big mistake, I'm really a size 12 you know! I AM!!! I REALLY AM!!" Oh wait a minute that's the other, lesser-known, Julia Roberts.

Jilly Halliday would benefit from liposuction on her midriff. She has developed that Williams pear shape.

It was the backsides of the models in that frock that was truly frightful. When the plus size girl in the green turned round, her knicker outline was clear to see and the dimples in her bum ! so embarrassing.

Joe Brown in some catalogues go up to a size 24, so if they make a tsv especially for QVC why do they stop at an 18 ??? but clearly those who take an 18 would need to go up to a 22 judging by the skimpy cut.

Latest posts

Back