Laura Geller TSV - 09/02/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She def used to say that but yesterday she said it about the Fair.....

I was very surprised but she said it a couple of times.

Maybe she said it because of the time of year and people are mostly paler?
She said it bacause the only colour in stock was Fair.

The first LG TSV I bought I got Medium as it was stated that was the one we generally suited. Well, I looked like someone with makeup on in the American Tan tights colour. I now use fair and in the summer would sling on a bit of bronzer or just use a BB from the dreaded HS. I think now though there are more shades and porcelain and fair have replaced light IIRC so there is more leeway.

Hello Weathergirl, I know what you mean when you say that B&B looks powdery on the skin, and sometimes even on good skin.
I found by accident how to make it looking creamy and somewhat glowing.
After I put on the B&B and the blusher/highlighter I spray my face with water from a spray bottle (LE tonic or any spray bottle will do) and then I wait for the face to dry. I put the mascara on after my face dried. I think that it's possible to also put the eye shadow on as well and then spray all face, but then will need to wait a few moments with the eye lids shut until it dries. I find that spraying with water enhances the look of the make up and looking more natural.

There are loads of comments about purple eyeliner and the eyeshadow brush is for eyeliner on one side....

So are people using the purple eye shadow as a liner???

I missed that bit.

Or is it a different (separate) liner?

Thank you!

The darkest navyish/purplish shadow can be used as a shadow or a liner, especially good as a liner when used wet I'd say. I always use the darkest shades in LG compacts as liners wet.

Hello Weathergirl, I know what you mean when you say that B&B looks powdery on the skin, and sometimes even on good skin.
I found by accident how to make it looking creamy and somewhat glowing.
After I put on the B&B and the blusher/highlighter I spray my face with water from a spray bottle (LE tonic or any spray bottle will do) and then I wait for the face to dry. I put the mascara on after my face dried. I think that it's possible to also put the eye shadow on as well and then spray all face, but then will need to wait a few moments with the eye lids shut until it dries. I find that spraying with water enhances the look of the make up and looking more natural.

Wow thanks Marina I will definitely try that. I think I have a little spray bottle in my travel bottles (for decanting).

I've got a tiny sample from the BB and I tried it once, it's moisturising but I can't really say much as I only tried in once.
Laura did mention that she's been using it for the last six months but I thought that her skin looked a bit tired, sorry Laura, I know it's probably the nine hour long flight.

I told someone at work today that I had ordered some make up, her response was " why you don't wear any"! Now I'm not sure if that's a compliment or not.
I wear a primer for work ( LG or Mally) I then use a foundation ( Mac) and then I use my B&B, lip liner, lippy and I'm good to go.
Does anyone else use their B&B over a foundation?
I do sometimes use the spackle and B&B without foundation but not when I know it has to last 7am-5pm

I have a varied history with B&B and I can take it or leave it.Once upon a time it only came in medium and I agree completely with the American tan comment!! hated it,never used it and never bought it again.Then she brought us a fair and on the whole this is my colour but it depends how its been baked.I've had ones that are too dark or too orange - I've only ever been lucky enough to receive one that was baked just right and I used it down to the pan.Then I tried one porcelain and I looked white - so it was too white for my colouring - I'm truly somewhere between a fair and a porcelain.

However after all that I can never wear B&B just on its own.It lasts me years as I tend to use it just as a finshing powder.I have quite a high colour due to roscea and find its not enough of a coverage.In fact the last few B&B's I've barely used or given away as I felt it was too cakey and sat in my lines a bit.

However again after everything I've just written I resurrected some of my LG make up recently after commenting on this thread and I loved it.Even went back to my B&B and its not as bad as I remember weirdly.I used to put it on with a brush years ago - and then after a recommendation on here I started to use a sponge and therefore less mess - but this week I went back to using a brush and I quite liked it again- one of the reasons I was spurred on to by the TSV.

I have the neutraliser spackle and I dont love it.I find it hard to fit in with my ultrasun routine and I dont feel it either neutralises or does much else.I shall probably pas this spackle on as a present to someone - I just dont like it/

I don't wear makeup very often but when I do, I put on LG Spackle, a garnier b&b and LG b&b. Other times just lg b&b on its own if just dashing out.

I didnt order the TSV as I have found in the past that B&B made me look a bit muddy or yellowy and dried up iykwim. I do however love LG blushers. However, I did reserect my B&B in fair today and used a sweep over my Doll10 concealer which I sort of use as a light foundation all over my face. It looked ok but a bit powdery but I might try the tip of using a mist of water over the top.

Re Spackle - Am I the only one that doesnt find laura's spackle does anything at all. I used it for ages because all the presenters and laura raved about it and of course I had loads (from various kits) and I felt I had to use it to make the best of my make up etc. but never really felt it did anything. I then tried other primers and by comparison they really do make a big difference in keeping my makeup in place generally for several hours. Spackle just feels like wet nothing on my skin and doesnt do anything to keep makeup from disappearing imo - I've always thought it was a case of emperors new clothes tbh.

Well I have the mammoth size neutraliser spackle and sometimes I think it's a bit meh other times I like it. I put some on my hand this morning and put B&B over it as laura does and when I compared my hands I really could see a difference. I used my normal brush but didn't load it first, just used what was on it. Made me think it obviously does work .

I am a bit worried this spackle might be a bit 80s but if it is I will mix it each morning with the neutraliser one to try and play down the glimmer.

Looking forward to getting it.

Oh just checked, it's arrived at the depot tonight so I might get it tomorrow

Last edited:
Well I have quite noticeable thread veins on my left cheek so use Boing concealer before makeup. If I use any liquid foundation or BB etc I then have to dab on a bit more Boing but not when I use B&B so I am very impressed with the coverage. I finish off with a light powder (Bobbi Brown yellow or cheaper translucent) and then blusher and highlighter. The LG coverage has withstood all that better than other products I have used so credit where credit is due.

There are loads of comments about purple eyeliner and the eyeshadow brush is for eyeliner on one side....

So are people using the purple eye shadow as a liner???

I missed that bit.

Or is it a different (separate) liner?

Thank you!

The good thing is if you use it wet as a liner and then think oh I really hate that, you can go back to using it as a dry shadow. I have used it dry as a liner too with a lot of pigment on a thin brush it goes on like an eye pencil (or did when I tried it). Probably easier wet though.

Mine should turn up today as it's with the courier.

When they only did the medium colour it was pretty useless for me but I still ordered TSVs for the other things in the kits. Love the blushers! Then the Fair was launched but they varied so much, incredible, some were as dark as the medium, others much lighter. I got into the ridiculous habit of ordering 2 or 3 at a time so I could pick the lightest & return the others. At last the Porcelain arrived on the scene & that's perfect as far as I'm concerned. I have real problems with high street foundations, few of which do a light enough shade. I also buy BM kits from Q with the Fair foundation but B&B is so much less messy to carry around or if you're in a rush.

I didnt order the TSV as I have found in the past that B&B made me look a bit muddy or yellowy and dried up iykwim. I do however love LG blushers. However, I did reserect my B&B in fair today and used a sweep over my Doll10 concealer which I sort of use as a light foundation all over my face. It looked ok but a bit powdery but I might try the tip of using a mist of water over the top.

Re Spackle - Am I the only one that doesnt find laura's spackle does anything at all. I used it for ages because all the presenters and laura raved about it and of course I had loads (from various kits) and I felt I had to use it to make the best of my make up etc. but never really felt it did anything. I then tried other primers and by comparison they really do make a big difference in keeping my makeup in place generally for several hours. Spackle just feels like wet nothing on my skin and doesnt do anything to keep makeup from disappearing imo - I've always thought it was a case of emperors new clothes tbh.

When I bought Laura Geller in the past I always gave away the Spackle as all it did was make my skin look shiny; I hated the stuff.

I have a varied history with B&B and I can take it or leave it.Once upon a time it only came in medium and I agree completely with the American tan comment!! hated it,never used it and never bought it again.
Then she brought us a fair and on the whole this is my colour but it depends how its been baked.I've had ones that are too dark or too orange - I've only ever been lucky enough to receive one that was baked just right and I used it down to the pan.Then I tried one porcelain and I looked white - so it was too white for my colouring - I'm truly somewhere between a fair and a porcelain.

However after all that I can never wear B&B just on its own.It lasts me years as I tend to use it just as a finshing powder.I have quite a high colour due to roscea and find its not enough of a coverage.In fact the last few B&B's I've barely used or given away as I felt it was too cakey and sat in my lines a bit.

However again after everything I've just written I resurrected some of my LG make up recently after commenting on this thread and I loved it.Even went back to my B&B and its not as bad as I remember weirdly.I used to put it on with a brush years ago - and then after a recommendation on here I started to use a sponge and therefore less mess - but this week I went back to using a brush and I quite liked it again- one of the reasons I was spurred on to by the TSV.

I have the neutraliser spackle and I dont love it.I find it hard to fit in with my ultrasun routine and I dont feel it either neutralises or does much else.I shall probably pas this spackle on as a present to someone - I just dont like it/

Same here, porcelain looked deathly white on me, the regular/medium looked dirty/muddy, and as you say fair could be very hit and miss depending on the mix.

Thanks very much!!

The darkest navyish/purplish shadow can be used as a shadow or a liner, especially good as a liner when used wet I'd say. I always use the darkest shades in LG compacts as liners wet.

Latest posts

Back