Laura Geller TSV - 09/02/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks for the info - just ordered mine. I do love an easy pay :mysmilie_13:

i just got mine too, i ordered 2 thanks to the easy pay... i just bought a new brush from her salon in NYC and cost me like £15 (although i know thats cheaper than UK prices, but still..)

Looks all a bit "samey"

I've just received the "order early" e-mail from QVC and I'm not sure I'm totally convinced about ordering this TSV, although I usually always order the LG ones.

To me it looks far too similar and too "samey" as always. Nothing really "new" as far as I can see - more just a rehash of the same things we've been getting over the past 2 or 3 years.

In this latest one we have ............

The Balance & Brighten .......... that we always get.

The Eyeshadow .......... that looks almost identical to the eyeshadow from the December 2013 "So Scrumptious" collection - the only difference I can see is that the "eyeliner" colour in this one is dark purple instead of dark brown. Incidentally, the eyeshadow from the "So Scrumptious" collection is almost an exact carbon copy of the eyeshadow from the 2011 "Bake Sale" collection - which I still have!

The Spackle .......... this time in Ethereal - whereas the December 2013 "So Scrumptious" collection had the Champagne Spackle.

The Lipgloss .......... which looks almost identical to the lipgloss from the December 2012 "Fresh Brewed" collection.

The Blush .......... which looks as if it's the two same colours (a beige and a pink) that were included in the blush pallette in the August 2011 "Vanilla Nudes" collection.

The Double Ended Brush .......... the exact same wee double ended brush from the July 2013 "Magic of Colour" collection, which was also in the "Bake Sale" collection too.

The only thing I can see that's really "NEW" as far as a TSV goes is the Kabuki Brush!

.......... as you can see from the picture below!!!

Laura Geller Comparisons.jpg

Last edited:
There's chatter of a mix up in the colours online on facebook, similar to what happened to the RCM TSV fiasco last February, does anyone know if it's an issue as I daren't order anything.

I've resisted up to now but the easy pays are tempting. ****** hell, they know how to reel us in don't they. I will be so proud of myself if I don't order.

I expect to be very disappointed in myself come Monday as I check for despatch:blush:

What I'd really like in a LG TSV would be something like

That new Balance & Bronze that's out in the US .......... half balance & brighten and half bronze & brighten - because I always think the standard balance & brighten in a bit too "chalky" and needs something to liven it up a bit and give a bit of luminosity.

An eyeshadow with a bit of colour instead of the pink & brown that we always seem to get. Maybe a blue or a green somewhere.

Maybe the candlelight glow liquid highlighter instead of the spackle.

One of the new lip crayons that are out in the US - maybe in a nice "universal" shade

The full size Kabuki brush instead of the wee mini brushes repeated over and over again.

And a blush that's useable for most skin tones instead of being extremely pink or extremely orange.

I absolutely love the LG make up (the products that suit me, anyway) but find I have a full box of products that I never use because they're either all much the same or they're far too strong a colour for my skin tone.

Has anyone had their TSV despatched yet? I ordered mine on the 6th and it's still showing as "in process".

I have to agree totally with CC and the total reason as to why I'm not ordering.The only thing I like in the kit is the eyeshadow as it has purple in it - but I shallpick that up on ebay at some point.

I'd love a TSV with a couple of eyeliners,a mascara and a bronzer for a change.

Has anyone had their TSV despatched yet? I ordered mine on the 6th and it's still showing as "in process".
I phoned CS today and was told there had been some problems with 'picking' orders from the warehouse for dispatch, let's hope that doesn't mean a similar cock up with colour choices on the website as happened with the RCM TSV. I ordered mine on the 5th and on checking my account just it has now been sent out today. If it takes longer than it should to arrive I shall be asking for a P&P refund. Everything I've ordered since Christmas has taken at least a week to get here and I'm losing patience with QVC.

I think all the beauty brands are under pressure from Q to churn out new collections but within a lowest common denominator palette of colours. I was more excited when I thought the liner colour was a rich navy because taupe and purple combinations are the safe default shades we're always offered. I'm still hoping that the liner is at the bluer end of purple, as it looks in the TSV pictures; I'd rather there was just an single eye rimz without the taupe/brown shades. I understand them always including Spackle or B&B or both because they're the "hero" products that will draw in the most purchases.

I'm intrigued to see whether the blusher is new or just a re-hash or previous colours, it'd hard to tell from the photos how it'll look on the skin.

I phoned CS today and was told there had been some problems with 'picking' orders from the warehouse for dispatch, let's hope that doesn't mean a similar cock up with colour choices on the website as happened with the RCM TSV. I ordered mine on the 5th and on checking my account just it has now been sent out today. If it takes longer than it should to arrive I shall be asking for a P&P refund. Everything I've ordered since Christmas has taken at least a week to get here and I'm losing patience with QVC.

Bizarrely I ordered another (for a neighbour) on my account last night and that one is showing as shipped, whereas mine ordered 2 days ago is still "in process". I can't understand these colour cock-ups; although considering some of the colour descriptions given for clothes, make up etc I suspect the team responsible are hand picked for their colour-blindness!

TBH if they send me the wrong shade of B&B it's no great problem because I can wear Fair or Porcelain years round, and Regular as a bronzer in winter. In fact the Tan Balance & Brighten looks better on me for a summer bronzer than Bronze & Brighten does...but I will expect a few quid refunded if they do send the wrong colour or if it takes til Monday for them to post it.

Oh heck, I hope they haven't made another cock up with the colours like they did with the Red Carpet, don't need the hassle as I've ordered two the same, one for me & one as a gift.
Mine are still In Process

.................. The only thing I like in the kit is the eyeshadow as it has purple in it - but I shallpick that up on ebay at some point................

Hehe I'm the same - the only thing I really want is the brush! I can see a wee browse on ebay coming on soon :wink::grin:

And I want the blusher only (and it depends on seeing the presentation). I was excited when I first saw the TSV but now my excitement wore off

And I want the blusher only (and it depends on seeing the presentation). I was excited when I first saw the TSV but now my excitement wore off

That's the one part I am not sure about, I'll wait to see presentations, but I might be parting with my blush.

Latest posts

Back