Laura Geller TSV December

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

But thats my point Marina shes been telling us for years to mix them but she does eventually bring out a new shade. I was shocked at the difference between your SPF Porcelain and mine. Yours is clearly biased towards the lighter shade whereas mine is biased towards the darker shade and pink. This seems to be too much of a difference - justification in itself for a new shade, let's keep fingers crossed. If I can continue go get the SPF version of the Fair I'll stick with it.

My Porcelain is very white - I look like a ghost in it, but with a nice radiance, I never wear it alone. If Fair SPF had this radiance then I would be happy, but it's too talky and powdery. Why they are so different is beyond me - it's the shade that is suppose to differ, not the texture.
I actually have two Porcelain SPF and they are both white.
BTW, just checked Q site and they don't seem to restock the SPF, I wonder whether whey are taking if off the market, but then, it takes them six months to bake it.
http://www.qvcuk.com/Laura-Geller-B...c=200799-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-1-_-200799

Last edited:
I think they hold them back until Laura's back in the building - probably find all the normal formula will be there Saturday and we'll have to wait and see about the SPF version.

Yes, I remember one time Porcelain sold out before airing but I think it's good for Q because they can move on to next item quicker and concentrate on selling other LG products thus making more profits. Interesting that the TSV is open to buy almost a week and a half before the day. But then you may receive Xmas lights instead.

Last edited:
I got my TSV yesterday (two kits) - really pleased with them. The packaging is also fab. I might have to buy another on Saturday....

Laura has always said no two will be exactly the same because of the baking. I have never bought her foundation and that put me off big time. I want to know which shade will suit me and I can repurchase without a problem. Her baked foundation seems very hit and miss.

It will be on 4 easy pay on Saturday, she told people on Facebook.

Just a comment on BE from a point earlier. If it "highlights every pore" you're probably using a shade that is too light. BE is difficult to get right. I can wear Fairly Light, Medium Beige or Medium Tan depending on the time of year. Fairly Light is dreadful on me other than on my palest days. It highlights every pore. But if I go over it with a darker shade it takes that "highlighting" away.

On B&B the SPF version in the Medium contains next to no yellow and lots of caramel/dark bits. And on me it always looks muddy. I'm fine with the non SPF whatever it looks like in the compact. Even in the height of summer I couldn't wear the SPF version on its own. It's gone in the bin I'm afraid.

I forgot to mention that I’m currently “diluting” my Fair B&B with LG “Sugar” body glow, it somewhat works better than mixing with Porcelain but can be too shiny at times depending on application. The jury is still out.

I've gone off my B&B and I'm really not sure why. There's something about the finish that I just don't like anymore, but I can't put my finger on exactly what. I'm not even sure if the previous ones were like it and I've changed or if this latest one is different. The colour of the latest one I have is great, super pale with loads of white and pink (my last one I could only use in the summer), but the finish is just a bit bleurgh. Maybe slightly cakey. It is the SPF version. I just wish I could pinpoint what I don't like, it's really bugging me. So all in all I'm not sure whether I will be getting the TSV.

Good tip from Marina that I'm going to try though, I am very pink so I will try mixing a teeny tiny bit of Angel Body Glow with B&B to see if I prefer the finish.

My love affair with B&B and BM is over. BM made me itch, B&B looked cakey and the colour was never right. In pursuit of the holy grail of foundations, I bought Liz Earles's new Signature Foundation. Again the colour isn't quite right, too much orange undertone. Nude is too orangey, Ivory is too light. I had to have a work photo done yesterday so nipped into a department store to touch up using a tester foundation (cheapskate I know) and headed for Estée Lauder Double Wear. Tried Desert Beige and its perfect!!!! Just perfect. Bought a bottle on the spot. The department store was price-matching Debenhams 15% off so it cost me £23.75 instead of £27.50. I am finally happy!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I have to say having tried the new BM pressed foundation it is still way too cakey for me,however I am loving the new Laura Mercier compact moisturising foundation really gives the skin a lovely glow.
Lynn:cool:

I have to say having tried the new BM pressed foundation it is still way too cakey for me,however I am loving the new Laura Mercier compact moisturising foundation really gives the skin a lovely glow.
Lynn:cool:

Oooh I was interested in trying both of these. More details Lynn, if you would please.

I brought the BM from Selfridges I believe it is the onlylace in the UK at the moment to have it,I have always liked the LM tinted moisturiser in the tube,but this compact is easier to apply and comes with a sponge got it from Space nk.
Lynn:happy:

I just ordered mine. Its up on the website with the 4 easy payments now too.

I've just ordered two kits AGAIN and it's delivered by Hermes which makes me worried. I hope they won't send me Xmas lights again, and I do worry because the ones they sent me in first place should be in warehouse now waiting to be dispatched to someone else, hopefully not me, but someone who wants Xmas lights.

If only they'd sent you items of higher value than the LG TSV (I'm guessing the lights would be cheaper...er more affordable) They never oopsidentally send out South Sea pearls or diamonds!

Jude xx

Mine has arrived and the packaging is cute: wrapped like a foil bag of ground coffee. The B&B is the full-sized 9g but the blush is smaller 6.5g. The blush & righten format used to be 9g but the last tsv had this size of blush so maybe this is what we'll get from now on. I can't see anywhere on the packaging, leaflet etc whether this is the SPF B&B. I ordered the fair and I've got the perfect colour blend for my winter skin, I have a porcelain B&B which I tend to use as a finishing powder rather than on its own.

The baked highlighter I'll flog on ebay.

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back