Laura Geller TSV December

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mine has arrived and the packaging is cute: wrapped like a foil bag of ground coffee. The B&B is the full-sized 9g but the blush is smaller 6.5g. The blush & righten format used to be 9g but the last tsv had this size of blush so maybe this is what we'll get from now on. I can't see anywhere on the packaging, leaflet etc whether this is the SPF B&B. I ordered the fair and I've got the perfect colour blend for my winter skin, I have a porcelain B&B which I tend to use as a finishing powder rather than on its own.

The baked highlighter I'll flog on ebay.

Jude xx[/QUOTE

What are the shadows and highlighter like, are they sparkly?

My love affair with B&B and BM is over. BM made me itch, B&B looked cakey and the colour was never right. In pursuit of the holy grail of foundations, I bought Liz Earles's new Signature Foundation. Again the colour isn't quite right, too much orange undertone. Nude is too orangey, Ivory is too light. I had to have a work photo done yesterday so nipped into a department store to touch up using a tester foundation (cheapskate I know) and headed for Estée Lauder Double Wear. Tried Desert Beige and its perfect!!!! Just perfect. Bought a bottle on the spot. The department store was price-matching Debenhams 15% off so it cost me £23.75 instead of £27.50. I am finally happy!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I struggle with foundation shades too, palest shades are usually too white/pink but next shade up is far too yellow/orange for me. I'm pale with neutral undertones. Best shade selection I've come across for paler skintones is either Lily Lolo or EveryDay Minerals and they both do brilliant samples (usually last me a couple of weeks daily use). Overall I do prefer a liquid foundation though and that's where I really struggle. I'd hoped M&S Autograph foundations would be the answer but I'd have to blend 2 shades together to get a reasonable match - may end up doing that yet.

ive just ordered 2..it has to be worth it for the B&B alone.....thanks Ian for the No.

Miss Molly the blush and shadows are matt (thankfully) but I haven't tried them yet and the lipp colour is a creme - shimmer free.

Jude xx

Good tip from Marina that I'm going to try though, I am very pink so I will try mixing a teeny tiny bit of Angel Body Glow with B&B to see if I prefer the finish.
charlie, how did it go for you if you've managed to try?

Thanks Marina for letting me know its on easy pay :happy:

I've ordered it and after all that I've decided against easy pay.....this is the first thing I've bought from September and I don't think I want to go back to easy pays..I think I just want the balance done and dusted.I do think I'm taking a bit of a *risk*...I probably would have liked to have seen it first,but I suppose at least now I know I've got the B&B shade I want.

At the end of the day I won't feel bad about the principle or postage to send it back,as I've just not bought from QVC lately.

My last 2 LG TSV's came smashed to bits so if this one does,it really is the end for me and LG.

charlie, how did it go for you if you've managed to try?

I haven't yet, I've had some gross lurgy the last few days. I'm going to give it a go at the weekend when I WILL be better (I hope). Do you go underneath or over the top with the body glow, or on the brush at the same time (IYSWIM)?

I haven't yet, I've had some gross lurgy the last few days. I'm going to give it a go at the weekend when I WILL be better (I hope). Do you go underneath or over the top with the body glow, or on the brush at the same time (IYSWIM)?
Oh Charlie, I'm so sorry to hear that you are unwell, get better soon!
I found it best to mix both with the same brush, if you put Glow on top of foundation it will shine.
I think with me it's 50:50 B&B and body glow but the Fair SPF is too matte and dull on its own, I'm missing some radiance.
I also applied it with sponge for better coverage, mixing both, picking foundation first and then Glow so there are two layers on sponge and Glow is "underneath" when applying.
Hope this helps :)
---

Last edited:
Mine has arrived and the packaging is cute: wrapped like a foil bag of ground coffee. The B&B is the full-sized 9g but the blush is smaller 6.5g. The blush & righten format used to be 9g but the last tsv had this size of blush so maybe this is what we'll get from now on. I can't see anywhere on the packaging, leaflet etc whether this is the SPF B&B. I ordered the fair and I've got the perfect colour blend for my winter skin, I have a porcelain B&B which I tend to use as a finishing powder rather than on its own.

The baked highlighter I'll flog on ebay.

Jude xx

Jude, B&B says on the bottom (on the label) if it's SPF. If there's nothing there then it's the original version which is what Laura usually puts in the sets unfortunately for me.

I've ordered mine! Watched the demo on the US site again, and I really do like the colours and the matte look.

Mine has arrived via Royal Mail. Great collection. The only down side for me is the daft brush! Tried it this evening and all looked nice. Test will be in the cold light of day tomorrow! So far so good. But proper review during the week end

I got mine yesterday and I love it. The blush is a gorgeous and really natural colour. Someone on one of the reviews had described the lip gloss as beige, but it's a lovely natural pink, and I didn't get any coffee smell / taste, but then my sense of smell is not great. Love the coffee bean imprint on the blush and eyeshadow - it's too cute! Although I am planning to sell my eye shadow as I have two of the urban decay naked palettes, and these are a similar neutral/brown shade.

The brush is great, as long as you don't use it for the foundation. I have seen Laura demo-ing it with the hi-lighter. The big side is for putting hi-lighter along the tops if the cheeks and the small pointy side for the inner corners and under the brows. I have been wanting one for ages and even contemplated buying one from the bay, but so glad it came in this set.

Overall, I am a happy bunny, just sad I didn't buy two. Oh, and the packaging is gorgeous, my heart actually did a little flop when I took the coffee foil packaging out of the box, and I don't even like coffee!!!

Last edited:
I've ordered mine! Watched the demo on the US site again, and I really do like the colours and the matte look.

How did you get to watch the demo on the US site?
I've been to look but can't see anything that says there's a video.

They seem to have removed the option.
It just says "photos" above the photograph now.

Latest posts

Back