L'Occitane TSV 25/10/09

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I find it hard to describe ss, but I think the almond shower oil has a sort of apple smell, my DD loves the smell too although she doesnt get her hands on it :LOL:

It is a oil so doesnt lather the same as a shower gel

I see the almond shower oil has a few fans here. Could anybody try to describe it for me? (I know it's hard, but any attempt would be most appreciated!).
Now, here's my dilemma: I had never tried L'Occitane until a few days ago, so I was really keen to try this TSV although was disappointed about the lack of body lotion (still am to tell you the truth). Anyway, I had no idea about what any of their fragances are like, not having tried anything, but was more inclined to go for the warm, as I really like almond-smelling products usually.

Anyway, I was in Bicester Village last week, so I popped into the L'Occitane shop and, well, it was a revelation! They don't have the full stock there, so I couldn't smell everything, and they don't have the new fragances that are in the TSV. Still, seeing the products face to face and being able to have a little try, I was sold on their quality. I ended up spending almost £70, although half of that was for my MIL's xmas pressie (they put the products in the most gorgeous box free of charge for me, and wrapped the whole thing in tissue paper which they generously sprayed with verbena parfume - I was VERY impressed!).

I have totally fallen in love with the Rose nuit de Mai shimmering body lotion, and regret not buying the shea butter body lotion, which was a very good price, once I compared it with QVC's price. So, the dilemma is, shall I go for this TSV which has no body lotion and stuff I don't really care about (like the hand wash) or save the money for another spree at the Bicester shop? I am intrigued by the almond oil (which was not available there).

So, I am asking you, my friends: what shall I do? (F.a.r.t.e.rs need not reply to this one, I can guess what your advice would be!:tongue2:). Cheers!

Hi SS

i will have a go for you.

Re Almond oil - I would say it smells a bit sweet . When you apply it in your hand it comes out as a oil, as soon as it comes in contact with water it then changes into a lather. It lathers up very well but it IS not a shower gel and does not feel like a shower gel as its a oil.l and feels very soft and silky. It actually feels like a oil on your skin after you have dryed yourself, it does not leave a oily residue or anything but just leaves your skin feeling very soft and moisturised.

Glad you had a lovely service on your L'occitane products SS,

IMHO in answer to your question my advice would be, I would save my money and go to Bilchester again and just buy what you need/want from there as you can then smell them and decide. the body lotion is lovely. i have the Rose body lotion to match the shower gel and generally speaking i do like to match shower gels to body lotions.

Hi SS

i will have a go for you.

Re Almond oil - I would say it smells a bit sweet . When you apply it in your hand it comes out as a oil, as soon as it comes in contact with water it then changes into a lather. It lathers up very well but it IS not a shower gel and does not feel like a shower gel as its a oil.l and feels very soft and silky. It actually feels like a oil on your skin after you have dryed yourself, it does not leave a oily residue or anything but just leaves your skin feeling very soft and moisturised.

Glad you had a lovely service on your L'occitane products SS,

IMHO in answer to your question my advice would be, I would save my money and go to Bilchester again and just buy what you need/want from there as you can then smell them and decide. the body lotion is lovely. i have the Rose body lotion to match the shower gel and generally speaking i do like to match shower gels to body lotions.

Thanks Dazzler and Bleubell, I think I have some sense of how the almond oil must feel (lovely, by the sound of things!). I think you're right Dazzler, I should save my pennies for Bicester. It'll boil down to whether I can resist temptation on the day, and whether the value is really good... :sun:

I see the almond shower oil has a few fans here. Could anybody try to describe it for me? (I know it's hard, but any attempt would be most appreciated!).
Now, here's my dilemma: I had never tried L'Occitane until a few days ago, so I was really keen to try this TSV although was disappointed about the lack of body lotion (still am to tell you the truth). Anyway, I had no idea about what any of their fragances are like, not having tried anything, but was more inclined to go for the warm, as I really like almond-smelling products usually.

Anyway, I was in Bicester Village last week, so I popped into the L'Occitane shop and, well, it was a revelation! They don't have the full stock there, so I couldn't smell everything, and they don't have the new fragances that are in the TSV. Still, seeing the products face to face and being able to have a little try, I was sold on their quality. I ended up spending almost £70, although half of that was for my MIL's xmas pressie (they put the products in the most gorgeous box free of charge for me, and wrapped the whole thing in tissue paper which they generously sprayed with verbena parfume - I was VERY impressed!).

I have totally fallen in love with the Rose nuit de Mai shimmering body lotion, and regret not buying the shea butter body lotion, which was a very good price, once I compared it with QVC's price. So, the dilemma is, shall I go for this TSV which has no body lotion and stuff I don't really care about (like the hand wash) or save the money for another spree at the Bicester shop? I am intrigued by the almond oil (which was not available there).

So, I am asking you, my friends: what shall I do? (F.a.r.t.e.rs need not reply to this one, I can guess what your advice would be!:tongue2:). Cheers!

spend your money in the shop and buy the things you need ,if I get things in a tsv I am not fussed about I usually end up giving them as gifts
the almond is a sweet smell to me,not almondy at all,lol,I use it in the bath and use my verbena in the shower, when I need to wake up!
I am using shea body lotion at the moment,easily adsorbed and not greasy

I would be going to Bicester too and buy the items you want Sometimes they have the almond shower oil on offer, I got two large bottles for only £26 last year. The problem is that the stock changes regularly and it can happen that you go in and there is nothing you fancy.

I would be going to Bicester too and buy the items you want Sometimes they have the almond shower oil on offer, I got two large bottles for only £26 last year. The problem is that the stock changes regularly and it can happen that you go in and there is nothing you fancy.

Thanks Tia, because it was my first visit I didn't know the stock changes... good to know. I'll definitely be going again at least once before Xmas...
Thanks for the advace everyone, I'm beginning to think this TSV is not for me...:nod:

I would go to Bicester, ss. You can choose your own combinations and you get the added fun of wandering round, smelling everything - I did this on holiday at the outlet in Orlando. I would happily have bought one of everything. I agree Rose Nuit de Mai is lovely and I don't usually go for rose scents.

I would go to Bicester, ss. You can choose your own combinations and you get the added fun of wandering round, smelling everything - I did this on holiday at the outlet in Orlando. I would happily have bought one of everything. I agree Rose Nuit de Mai is lovely and I don't usually go for rose scents.

did u buy much from the outlet whatsinaname?
I got some gift sets fro Christmas presents and some bits and bobs for me
loved it in there,hubby let me buy lots of lovely goodies
it only opened the week we were there in May this year and we got an extra 10% off everything in the shop which was a bonus!!!!!!(we missed the first day where they had 20% off boohoo!!)
I got myself some peach edt aswell which was slightly cheaper than over here too
I love going in the l'occitane shops and sniffing all the lovely things
how sad am I!!!!!

i would describe the almond oil as oily when you pour it then as soon as it hits water it turns milky with a slight foam to it.
the smell is definately almondy but with the crisness of apples and some vanilla undertones.
l'occitane do a almond soap which is lovely also.
on the bay l'occitane have their outlet shop with a tropical name to it...

did u buy much from the outlet whatsinaname?
I got some gift sets fro Christmas presents and some bits and bobs for me
loved it in there,hubby let me buy lots of lovely goodies
it only opened the week we were there in May this year and we got an extra 10% off everything in the shop which was a bonus!!!!!!(we missed the first day where they had 20% off boohoo!!)
I got myself some peach edt aswell which was slightly cheaper than over here too
I love going in the l'occitane shops and sniffing all the lovely things
how sad am I!!!!!

You're about as sad as me! I bought lots of things, including a cotton shopping bag for posing in :blush: I told myself some of it was for pressies but it's very hard to part with L'Occitane. I could have stayed in there for ages but my son was "bored" of course because we weren't in the Nike or Converse shops. Well done you for having 10% off, I was there in August and only got some sample sachets. I think I'll have to persuade my friends to go to Bicester some time.

You're about as sad as me! I bought lots of things, including a cotton shopping bag for posing in :blush: I told myself some of it was for pressies but it's very hard to part with L'Occitane. I could have stayed in there for ages but my son was "bored" of course because we weren't in the Nike or Converse shops. Well done you for having 10% off, I was there in August and only got some sample sachets. I think I'll have to persuade my friends to go to Bicester some time.

Yes, whatsinaname, the shop at Bicester is worth a visit. It is actually rather small, but packed full of stuff and it is nice to be able to smell things and test the texture of the products (even though in such a small shop the smells do seem to mingle and my senses were soon confused, still, loved it!)

Aaaagh, wish I hadn't seen the photos. I really like the look of this- especially the box. :)

Thanks Tabatha. :D

Latest posts

Back