Lulu Guinness Accessories TSV 02/09/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I see Nicola is guesting rather than Lulu.

Did you notice (or did they point out... I've just flipped over quickly) that the handle studs are all little lip-shapes? Quite cute - but the bag's still not appealing to me.

Wow! Both orange and damson are on waitlist already.

Last edited:
Oh NO ! Yet ANOTHER referral to Audrey Hepburn (small Eva bag) - much as I liked the woman too, every fashion statement has to include those two words "Audrey Hepburn". I suppose its a good thing that at least she continually gets mentioned by those under 50 - cant say the same for Posh or Chez in 50 years time.

In an effort to talk myself out of ordering my list of cons: I'm not keen on grainy leather; if it were saffiano or polished and I'd sell my kids for one. It may be too heavy; and sizewise I've never understood the need to carry around the kitchen sink; I used to run Handbag Management Courses in the 80s (along the lines of Time Manager International); my mates were astounded that I could go out for the night straight from a 12 hour shift with only a door key, a cash card and a lippy! I already have a handful of purple/plum leather and fabric bags plus one Tig bag in orange.

Finally I looked at all the new season bags on LG's website and am coveting all the Rose devore fabric bags (esp Tabitha which being DD's middle name is reason enough to add to my shopping list). Damson satin Pollyanna, Thorn Chloe also Damson, another small Paula (damson or garnet), mini Daphne black, mini Paula orange, Medium Daphne in orange, medium Kate in polished red, small connie red, and I've still got my eye on the autographer if the price drops....

But....:wait:

I am known for my weakness when it comes to bags :blush:

Ha Ha Ha!!

No sorry don't get it, almost £300 for a plain looking leather tote bag, the style isn't even "quirky" or original for the price. You see this style anywhere for a lot lot less money, but that's just my opinion.

In an effort to talk myself out of ordering my list of cons: I'm not keen on grainy leather; if it were saffiano or polished and I'd sell my kids for one. It may be too heavy; and sizewise I've never understood the need to carry around the kitchen sink; I used to run Handbag Management Courses in the 80s (along the lines of Time Manager International); my mates were astounded that I could go out for the night straight from a 12 hour shift with only a door key, a cash card and a lippy! I already have a handful of purple/plum leather and fabric bags plus one Tig bag in orange.

Finally I looked at all the new season bags on LG's website and am coveting all the Rose devore fabric bags (esp Tabitha which being DD's middle name is reason enough to add to my shopping list). Damson satin Pollyanna, Thorn Chloe also Damson, another small Paula (damson or garnet), mini Daphne black, mini Paula orange, Medium Daphne in orange, medium Kate in polished red, small connie red, and I've still got my eye on the autographer if the price drops....

But....:wait:

I am known for my weakness when it comes to bags :blush:

The Chloe in rose devoure is now shown as an OTO. You can run but you can't hide!!:mysmilie_17:

Went to bed at 11pm :mysmilie_50:

Hinted heavily to Mr Akimbo 11.05 :mysmilie_12:

Switched on Q at 7am :emo:

Ordered grey on waitlist :devil:

Seriously though, if you want one of the sold out colours either order on waitlist OR order the black while it's still in stock....stay with me there's method in my bagness...watch for failed payments or returns showing during the weeks following the TSV and as soon as you see the colour you wanted really add it to your basket online and while it's there phone QVC and ask to alter your waitlist order and tell them you have the bag in your basket. They may tell you to release it from your basket so that they can do the swap. Alternatively if you receive the black, check the shape etc suit you and do the above process asking to return the black for a straight exchange at the TSV price.
This method works for any TSV or OTO but you have to be able to place some sort of order at the special price: waitlist, advanced order or wrong colour to fix the price. Now, if you don't like the idea of a return this isn't for you but if a return pops up in stock withing 2 weeks of a TSV you can be pretty sure it's only been received and returned unused (so no tea bag or coconut mushroom inside.

Hope this makes sense, but as you can see there's really no hope for me whatsoever. If you don't see me posting on here for more than 3 weeks alert the emergency services because I may be buried under all my bags and shoes!

Seriously though, if you want one of the sold out colours either order on waitlist OR order the black while it's still in stock....stay with me there's method in my bagness...watch for failed payments or returns showing during the weeks following the TSV and as soon as you see the colour you wanted really add it to your basket online and while it's there phone QVC and ask to alter your waitlist order and tell them you have the bag in your basket. They may tell you to release it from your basket so that they can do the swap. Alternatively if you receive the black, check the shape etc suit you and do the above process asking to return the black for a straight exchange at the TSV price.
This method works for any TSV or OTO but you have to be able to place some sort of order at the special price: waitlist, advanced order or wrong colour to fix the price. Now, if you don't like the idea of a return this isn't for you but if a return pops up in stock withing 2 weeks of a TSV you can be pretty sure it's only been received and returned unused (so no tea bag or coconut mushroom inside.

Hope this makes sense, but as you can see there's really no hope for me whatsoever. If you don't see me posting on here for more than 3 weeks alert the emergency services because I may be buried under all my bags and shoes!

Lol! The complex workings of the addict's mind, laid bare for all to see!

its a nice bag but its far tooo generic for a lulu bag. i bough my daughter a paul costello bag in leather (a dead ringer for a michael khors thats shes been hankering after for years.) it cost me £69 in tkmaxx and its much nicer than this tsv. the leather is pebble and the hardwear is tiny in gold. she adores it. its the only leather bag that i like as i am tiring of the kipling bags

Well it sold like flipping hot cakes!! I didn't buy but when I saw it live I realised it was actually far too big for me anyway. Great colours though.

Hope all who got their mitts on one love it when it arrives.

Agree it is a little ordinary and similar to other bags widely available.I loved the orange colour ,not surprised it sold out first.

The orange bag was obviously popular but if anybody wants an orange bag and either missed out or didn`t want to pay LG price then here`s a bargain. It`s a Hansson bag, a Danish brand , lovely made and lovely quality leather. I wait for the sale on this site and buy really good bags at good prices, I have a few of the Olga Berg over arm patent ones. This bag is now reduced to £29 from £129, the red one is still full price but the orange is in the sale. Research Hansson and you`ll see the quality and usual prices.
http://www.perfecthandbags.co.uk/pr...e-Handbag-with-All-Around-Zip-by-Hansson.html

I didn't go for the TSV in the end, it's a lovely looking bag but as others have said it doesn't scream Lulu, there are lots of similar leather bags around like that.

Very tempted to get the satin Pollyanna. I loved my leather Pollyanna, it made me happy every time I looked at it, but it was just toooo heavy and made my bony shoulders hurt, so I sold it. Nicola said the satin version is lighter than they leather, but it does feel expensive for a non-leather bag, and how durable will it really be? But it is so beautiful and it is my only way to own a Pollyanna really. Oh, damn! Need to spend less time in my life deliberating over handbags!

Where's LuLu ? .....nice bag and colours but never tempts me.....glad I don't want one lolol.....can afford these days ..so that's not the issue l..very smart though ...:mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back