Molton Brown - gone from QVC!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have seen a lot of it in House of Fraser stores and its a lot more expensive too. I love Blissfull Templetree and the shampoo.

Just come on here for the first time in ages (it was a bit of a shock having to re-register) to hear this news. What a shame that MB is gone from QVC - their Christmas TSV in 1997 was pretty much the first thing I had bought from the channel. I remember at the time thinking it was great I could buy MB there, as an alternative from the MB shop as I found the staff in the South Molton Street store somewhat snooty (though they seem friendlier in other Emporiums I have visited) and the prices have always been very good. MB seems to be scaling down its UK business in a number of ways - as a frequent flyer, one of my other main sources was via the British Airways amenity packs, but they've gone over to Elemis now.

Hello everyone

Sorry not been able to post since saturday, anyway I had a phone call from a lovely CS man from QVC and he said..........

QVC are currently in contact with MB and are trying to negotiate with them, so they will not make an announcement to their cusomers until things are finalised on their side.
He also said that they had been onto this forum and looked at the thread, as I had mentioned it in my comment to them, I found this strange as I never mentioned THIS forum I just said, something like "it would nice for customers who have not got a comp or who do not use a forum" I never mentioned a particular forum, are there any other forums like this one?

Anyway it looks like, from what he said, that QVC are holding talks with MB as to continuing selling their brand on QVC.

Lets hope he is right and MB continue to be on QVC in the future.

sorry but I am cynical about this,I belive some one posted that descion had been made earlier in the year and QVc had been given notice.
I doubt we will see them again.
I have remebered a couple of Brands that disappeared from QVc and even went to the comptetion IW and then returned but only very breifly, one was Karin Herzog, and the other was cleaning product brand were the guy said he would not disapear again and I have not seen since.

Well if they are in talks, I will say if MB stay the prices will go up quite alot!

I agree if he is right and they are in talks and MB come back then I too believe the prices will go up!

sorry but I am cynical about this,I belive some one posted that descion had been made earlier in the year and QVc had been given notice.
I have remebered a couple of Brands that disappeared from QVc and even went to the comptetion IW and then returned but only very breifly, one was Karin Herzog, and the other was cleaning product brand were the guy said he would not disapear again and I have not seen since.

Yes hun you are right some one did post a letter from MB stating that they cancelled the contract, I also do not think we will see them again, if we do I think their prices will be going up.
Maybe it was a standard response from QVC and when they looked on here they thought BLIMEY this is worse than expected we will have to say something to ease things with the customers, especially when we started to contact them about this situation as I am not the only one to do so.

Last edited:
I have just managed to read all this thread and I have to say I am really disappointed that QVC will not be stocking MB :(
I suppose I am not surprised because the kits have been really poor this year.
I will especially miss the Christmas TSV's, I bought the double pack last year and gave one away for a Christmas present, I wish I had kept it for myself now, if I had know this would have been the last one then I would have.
I have paid full price for items in MB shop (my nearest MB store and JL is 100 miles away :() but wont be buying so much if I dont get the value that QVC offered.
I am totally gutted that I didnt see this thread before last wednesday because I was in JL and managed to resist their special MB offers, had I know MB was not going to be on QVC anymore I would have stocked up :D
I might even be tempted to buy the 7 piece repeat TSV now even though it is not my favourite fragrances :eek:

I am not keen on Loccitane or Philosophy so not sure what I am going to do now,
looks like I will be using up my stock of LE bodywashes :)

BB you could order from John Lewis direct, they don't charge postage. MB themselves sometimes do free postage offers too.

BB you could order from John Lewis direct, they don't charge postage. MB themselves sometimes do free postage offers too.

Thanks Sazza, I was thinking I might have to buy some from JL direct, they had quite a few different offers in Aberdeen last week and I was so proud of myself for resisting :D

I agree, MB served notice on QVC, they have made their decision and I very much doubt that QVC can do anything in order to get MB to change their decision.

Thank you for that post Sazza, much appreciated thats useful to know. We have a molton brown shop but they dont seem to do any sort of nice kits. xx

Thank you for that post Sazza, much appreciated thats useful to know. We have a molton brown shop but they dont seem to do any sort of nice kits. xx

No problem!!!

Whenever you order from MB direct you get a small freebie so if they are doing a free postage offer it is great as the freebie really is free!!!

There are usually discount codes on deal sites for John Lewis too. ie: 10 off a 50 spend and still get free del. I have bought l'occitane from them recently with 10 pound off.

I agree, MB served notice on QVC, they have made their decision and I very much doubt that QVC can do anything in order to get MB to change their decision.

I agree too.
But as QVC are ssid they are currently in talks with MB then I have to wait for their response.
Personnally I don't think QVC quite realised how popular MB is, even if it is their Best Seller, I think they thought it would go out quietly without any fuss but have now had to retreat back to MB for negotiations.
Maybe MB wanted more money for the sets, QVC said NOOOOO, so MB up'd and left without so much as a bye or leave!

How could they not know it was popular they sold enough TSv's at Xmas. They also advertised it last year in eough of the best selling womens magazines,prior to airing.

How could they not know it was popular they sold enough TSv's at Xmas. They also advertised it last year in eough of the best selling womens magazines,prior to airing.

Sorry I did not explain that well at all and I appologise.

I meant that maybe they thought people would just buy another brand and not really notice its gone until its to late that way it would just slip out quietly by the back door, but that hasn't happened. Even a big company can make mistakes by not keeping tight hold of a brand that is popular, and QVC is no exeption to this rule.

Hope this rectifies my previous post.

Last edited:
Had another phone call from QVC CS and she said they are waiting for their team and lawyers who are dealing with negotiations to get in touch with them and then they will contact me again.

Latest posts

Back