Molton Brown - gone from QVC!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There's way too much 'serious skincare' and not enough pampering and glam in my opinion.

Someone mentioned Jo Malone - how about Jo Wood as well? And more variety in the fragrances - there's surely an opportunity for some real cult classics like Caron, Robert Piguet, or newer brands like Miller Harris and Tom Ford.

Too many fake tans, too many anti-wrinkle creams, not enough FUN and GLAMOUR !!!

Now I do know I've had a hectic week. I thought Yolanda was in love with Liam Gallagher and I was very worried as it seemed her drugs were really affecting her judgement........!! :confused:

Sorry Yolanda, I really should have realised that you know better........:)

By the way, thought this thread was about MB?!!!! ;)

Now I do know I've had a hectic week. I thought Yolanda was in love with Liam Gallagher and I was very worried as it seemed her drugs were really affecting her judgement........!! :confused:

Sorry Yolanda, I really should have realised that you know better........:)

By the way, thought this thread was about MB?!!!! ;)

Dear BL, things are not always what they seem... especially on this forum!:D

I'm as involved in the general obsession as the next forum member! I think we should ask Graham if it would be possible to have a Liam Cunningham section in the forum: it seems the logical next step...

What a good idea Sillysausage. LOL

Blimey, I'd lie on the beach in Blackpool if he was with me. We Cheshire set ladies can make sacrifices when need be.

Nights of heady itching
and my skin then b*tching

That's what MB does to me so I'm not sad to see them go.

PS Liam has exactly the same effect on me but somehow that's more bearable:whistle:

Back to topic..

Is it just me or has anyone else been noticing a gradual decline in the variety of items QVC are selling. Not just MB but other beauty products and fashion too. Some items don't seem to have been on air for ages now.

Someone said the same about sit-up channels before the hard-disc crash.. I'm sure it's just the current business environment (which has been coming in since at least 2005). In a safety-first world there are fewer categories of products made, fewer types of products in those categories, and (for sit-up) fewer kinds of products ending up remaindered in falling-price auctions.

Last edited:
Ever heard of the saying 'the rich get richer and the poor get poorer'?? In terms of molton brown and their 'strategies' if they want to market themselves as high end then at the moment they are going about doing the right thing in terms of their stores and their concessions in department stores.

Whilst many customers may go in and buy one or two bottles if and when they can afford to, the extremely wealthy can buy as many as they want and not bat an eyelid. Even though we are in a bad economic state at the moment, there is still money being spent on luxuries by those who can afford to. Who knows of many extremely extremely wealthy people who sit and watch qvc or buy off the internet? Do we not know that many 'do lunch', have their hair done and shop shop shop? I speak from observation and having many wealthy friends and acquaintances (although I, myself am not) and not from making a generalisiation of the wealthy or non wealthy.

I guess you mean the same strategy as employed by the Times in the 50s or 60s when they increased their cover price so as to seem a more exclusive product. But the world has changed since then; practically no-one is now immune from recession and the need for a bargain.

I think Starlight is exactly right.

Re: the many mentions on this thread of empty MB shops and/or shelves (and the same with some other cosmetics retailers).

Might it not be that they are selling many products online, and using the stores to house products which can either be bought by visitors as with a regular shop, or can be sent out by staff to fulfill online orders? This technique was certainly used at one time by at least one supermarket for online sales.

Just a thought..

Latest posts

Back