Molton Brown - gone from QVC!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'll be sad to see Molton Brown disappear from QVC's shelves. I always buy at least one Christmas TSV and several kits at other times as they make great prezzies. Thanks for the tip about John Lewis where I can get reasonably priced MB if I want anything in particular. As I am also a huge L'Occitane fan, I guess I will just have to buy more L'Occitane! - Off now to have a look what's still available at QVC!

MB going is no loss. i packed them in about 2 years ago. Chavvy. the only thing i buy now is warming eucalyptus if i have a cold... the rest of it you can stick.

Selfridges are still stocking so i doubt whether the brand is on its uppers. and lets face it, the japanese do know a little bit about retail.

apart from anything else, the prices on QVC werent good apart from the TSV's. they would sell things for the same price as the shop but throw in a mini that you dont really want to cover the cost of P&P.

as i said, no loss... especially the ridiculous jill goldsmith who can spend the rest of her life enjoying a heady night of expectation.

The thing I miss most about Molton Brown is the make-up range - it was discontinued in January (although I 've still got stockpiles of my favourite lippy, it's running low now:()

I probably won't bother buying MB if it's not available from QVC

dont know if anyone has put this before, but its ot on the brand shops anymore. have to type molton brown in.

I won't be too bothered but would usually buy the TSV if it was bath/shower gel. I certainly won't be paying full price from a shop. I only bought it if it was good value.

:

I must say that I had rather "gawn orf" it myself and it has taken years for me to come to the conclusion that it is nothing special.

Ello Ello People.

Well...

I cant say i am in least bit surprised to be honest.
I think this may have been coming for quite some time...

Its been the same old same old for months and months now, with the same boring old collections, mainly containing heavenly gingerlily... Plus Jilly G with her heady nights of expection, her kiss of the indian orient, and not forgetting the phenonemal value for money - Containing firm favourites and new treats.. The bleedin' 8 piece radiance collection....

To be perfectly honest, i dont think i will miss molton brown if it does disappear on QVC...
No new collections, no new products... Apart from the TSV's i dont think ive bought any molton brown from QVC for about 2 years - Even the TSV's aint been that great either, the value for money has been decreasing along with their creativity in putting them together - Infact the last 'repeat' TSV, was a ****** joke IMO.

Ive been buying my MB directly from the MB emporiums, at least you can get their newer products...

The only thing i will miss is the xmas TSV's - I wont miss the shows as they have beocme so boring - Most of the time ive had Jill muted as i cant stand her repeating the same old jibberish over and over again... Drives me mad.

BUT...

There is a glimmer of hope ! ;)

The last time i was in MB, i was chatting to one of the managers and she was explaining that they will be launching ranges in 2008 taking advantage of the most recent environmental advances in packaging...

This would mean QVC would probably have to bring in all new MB with their new packaging....

This could explain why:
a) They aint been able to get the stock levels they have wanted
and
b) Why everything is in last chance to buy, as everything will have to come back in under new item numbers...

It could be their big opportunity to Re-Vamp Molton Brown at QVC............

Only time will tell i suppose lol

Thanks for the info Mikey. All sounds very interesting and we'll just have to wait and see.

I expect that more and more companies will have to think about recycling and waste when they are packaging products. Some of the waste is shameful.

Even if MB are changing their packaging and QVC are going to continue to stock it removing the Brand Shop seems odd.

Just need to wait and see what transpires.

Removing the brand shop does seem odd Sazza. There wont be much choice of brands to buy Shower wise if they remove Molton Brown.

i think after this years xmas TSV that will be it as they plan the TSV's so far in advanced that i dont think they would pull it without doing the TSV's that are owed first

The last tsv was a repeat wasn't it? I doubt there'll be another one if they're getting rid of all the stock. If there was going to be another tsv then they'd still maintain stock levels wouldn't they?

And as for getting it back in when the packaging changes. Wishful thinking I suspect. Again, the brand shop wouldn't have been taken away and it all wouldn't be low stock.

That's what I reckon anyway!

I love the MB Naranji handwash and hand lotion but I don't really rate anything else, I found their body washes so subtle in fragrance I was really suprised after hearing Gill's delicious descriptions, less heady nights of exotic expectation and more rainy afternoon in Peckham!

Oh well, I will just have to get my supplys of MB of the website individually. Everyone of My bottles has a pump dispenser in, because you use even less and they last longer. The MB shop in Nottingham has not been open that long, it is next to the Body shop, which is always packed!!! But MB is empty when ever I walk past. They may just be having me as a customer then.

Last edited:
i think after this years xmas TSV that will be it as they plan the TSV's so far in advanced that i dont think they would pull it without doing the TSV's that are owed first

MB and QVC don't owe us anything.

I rather doubt that there will be a MB TSV this Christmas now. They are planned so far in advance that the number would have been found by now plus there has been no new MB for so long now that I rather doubt there will be any more TSV's at all from them.

didnt get the christmas tsv which i usually do, like a lot of others know instead of MB have not had any MB for a while know , philsophy is my fav at the moment.

Oh new enviromental packaging. That to me means they will have a service to refill bottles in the shops. TBS used to do that as well.

No I doubt MB will be back on QVC.

Waves bye bye!!

I've never been tempted by MB but if L'Occitane or Philosophy were to take their place with a Chrismas TSV of a big box of shower gels / body lotions / scrubs, I will be very happy :cheer:

I've never been tempted by MB but if L'Occitane or Philosophy were to take their place with a Chrismas TSV of a big box of shower gels / body lotions / scrubs, I will be very happy :cheer:

Hey Blueshowbizz That would be fab. I quite agree.:D

Latest posts

Back