Northern nights try me or cozee home tsv?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

sharon-s

Registered Shopper
Can anyone help me please. I was about to buy the tsv (without seeing a presentation) when I spotted a northern nights flannel set try me. Not having tried either can anyone recommend one over the other
Thanks

I had a very bad experience with NN flannel. There was so much fluff all over my carpet, my bed, furniture etc and it took me ages to get rid of most of them. I made my mind up that I will never buy them again. Apparently you wash them first......this advice was only given much later.

I have loads of flannel duvet and sheet sets from Northern Night, and i luvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeee them. So cosy
and warm, and 100% cotton. When you get out of bed to go to the loo its just lovely getting into bed again, as they
say, no sheet shock. Just comfy, cosy and I never noticed much fluff. I have mine a few years and just bring them out
in the winter. Wouldn't be without them . Don't fancy the TSV cause of the polyester :(

dont rate nn on the whole but the heavyweight flannel is usually from portugal and its lovely

Thank you all for your replies, I decided to go for the northern nights, hope I made the right choice

I'd say Dunelm Mill brushed cotton, try it if the NN doesn't work out for you. It's weighty, reasonably priced and doesn't shed at all. I've had mine for 3 years and it's still lovely :)

Choices and we make them. I have NN flannel and cozee. I love my NN flannel but for ease cozee wins!

Choices and we make them. I have NN flannel and cozee. I love my NN flannel but for ease cozee wins!

I agree, the Cozee is so easy to care for - quick to dry and no ironing. I recently put a NN flannel set on my bed but when I took it off for washing, replaced it with my Cozee set. NN is now ironed and back in the linen cupboard. I do like NN but not the drying time and the ironing it needs.

i dont iron the flannel as the heavyweight one hans well. its the high thread count nn washes like old dishcloths horrid

I've been after some more NN plain flannel in neutral colour for ages - kept checking web to no avail. Was debating Cozee TSV this time yesterday - had it in my basket - then up pops Snoozy with the Try Me. I've ordered the NN and skipped the Cozee, might sound pedantic but I really wanted plain, am just not an embroidery person! And have been v happy with NN flannel before. Have moved on from NN featherbed to memory foam and from their down duvets (back to poly - it's just warmer!) but still rate the flannel. Will be interested to hear feedback on Cozee TSV though :nod:

I have the cozee homes tsv but bought it when it was full price only £5 more so no regrets. I bought the white and didn't really want embroidery but it hardly shows at all and I have a cover over the bed as I am allergic to house dust and have to keep it off my pillow. I intend to use the duvet cover in the summer as a duvet cover as someone else suggested.

I have used the TSV on my bed the day it came without my other half knowing about it. When he came up at bedtime, I had the usual"not another bed set" and he did not like the colour(I was not too keen on the damson colour either, but it was the best of the three colours) and said it felt like felt (it did feel a bit like that to start with).
But do you know something, he had the best night's sleep for weeks!!!! And he admitted that!!!
I love it, I can now come out of my slanket in bed:giggle:
They are soft, warm and I like to cuddle down my duvet and feel cosseted.
Last night it snowed here and was cold, but I was lovely and warm:happy:

I have a memory foam topper mattress, then there is the fleece sheet, then me in my fleece pyjamas with socks,then the fleece duvet cover with a 15 feather and down duvet, then a top polyester cover. I live in the warmest part of the country - the south east. I am now warm enough having ditched the electric blanket and the hot water bottle.

I have a memory foam topper mattress, then there is the fleece sheet, then me in my fleece pyjamas with socks,then the fleece duvet cover with a 15 feather and down duvet, then a top polyester cover. I live in the warmest part of the country - the south east. I am now warm enough having ditched the electric blanket and the hot water bottle.
:eek: and you say you live in the warmest part of the country:eek:

Know you've already ordered, but the CH is softer than the NN. It also washes like a dream and dries in no time (mine was on the line for an hour today and is already back on the bed)! I like cotton pillowcases but always had a sore ear and was waking several times a night with this (amongst other things). I now put the CH pillowcase under my cotton one and its made it softer and a bit bouncier - no ear pain any more.

I'm a freezer, but a sweater (medical condition) so if I wake in a cold sweat (happens less with the CH than the NN oddly enough), I throw the cover open with a flick and toddle off to the loo. By the time I'm back, bedding's dry - no soggy bedding with the CH. OH is hot in bed but feels more comfortable in the CH - weird, but there you go. He loves the CH bedding. Never thought I'd hear him wax lyrical about anything from QVC, let alone bedding!

The ONLY reason I'd EVER go back to cotton (and then I'd resort to higher temperatures and one of those 99.9% kills everything additives first) is if I was in a situation where my bedding needed washing a lot due to incontinence type soiling.

The brilliant thing about QVC is the MBG. Try the NN and when you do, imagine something softer and cosier. Waking up in NN flannel was never like the CH - you just roll over in absolute blissful softness and never want to get out of bed again! Also, when your tumble dryer's been going for ages or you keep having to drag heavy, damp flannel in from the line, think of the dries-in-minutes on the line or in the dryer CH. It may be polyester, but trust me, it's nothing like any polyester you could imagine! JMHO.

Latest posts

Back