Overused Words/Phrases in the QVC Dictionary....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Results...from the very first use you will see results.

Well, by now my boat should have a Phd or been first past the post at Lingfield...neither seems to have happened...

We're GIVING you, you're not GIVING me anything, I'm paying for it you doofus.

"I'll definitely be buying this at the end of the show" sometimes they add "if there's any left" :sleepy:

I thought they looked at things on the trolly before going on air?

y'know - I bought something similar off the high street not long ago, I wish I'd waited till I saw this - it's much better value....

The antwacky flannel bedding that "feels like puppy dogs' ears"

The disgusting garish nail colour that "would look great on the toes"

The overpriced bottle of shower gel with stupid writing all over it that nobody reads - which can be used as a shower gel, bath foam, shampoo, paint stripper etc "Better buy two of these as this will go missing from your bathroom as mine did!"

"Leighton Denny can't enter any more nail competitions"

"When you wear this item strangers will stop you and ask you where you got it from"(after they've picked themselves up from the floor and stopped laughing)
"Although the model wearing these Kim&Co trousers is 6'2" you can buy them and roll them over and over at the top as Kim does, she's only 4'1" and they still look great"
Leighton Denny quote." Jade Jagger, Gerry Halliwell, Jade Jagger, Gerry Halliwell...." any more clients go there?

Jilly Halliday was fully decked in Marks and Spencer 'Per Una' range the other evening. I know because I buy everything there and she still goes on about "I'd go for this, it's superb, in fact buy two, then you save on your p&p!" You'd think that they would make an effort and wear some of the nicer things other than the TSV that always looks so unsuitable on them. Not once have I seen any of them in a QVC garment when presenting other shows.

and of course "it's all selling very quickly indeed".

Jilly once said this on the preview tease of the TSV coming up at midnight. Perhaps loads of us had got hold of the TSV details in advance thanks to Sazza & Co and it really was selling out fast before launch!

"oh Wow" as said by Charle as he slooo..wly opens a ring box....oh eff off I think to myself, you are a bloke, it's just not right to even pretend that jewellery leaves you almost speechless

Catherine Huntley seemed to have given up on the entire English launguage, save for the word "covet" and variations thereof during several jewellery shows recently, and then Debbie Greenwood started on it yesterday, too!

FAUX...especially when used by that gob gargeling Dennis Basso - because we all know he uses REAL...

Jilly Halliday was fully decked in Marks and Spencer 'Per Una' range the other evening. I know because I buy everything there and she still goes on about "I'd go for this, it's superb, in fact buy two, then you save on your p&p!" You'd think that they would make an effort and wear some of the nicer things other than the TSV that always looks so unsuitable on them. Not once have I seen any of them in a QVC garment when presenting other shows.

Yep, that's a good point....and it's not just clothes, Julia Roberts freely admitted on air not long back that she was wearing YSL make up, eyeshadow and mascara I think it was, I just thought 'way to go, that's a great advert for all the make up on QVC then' ;)

Ok whinge over ;)

how about

To my mind...
In essence....
Go for one in every colour, at this price you can really afford to..

on trend
fashion forward
i love doing the morning show its a little bit of everything you can see during the day
this is too small for me i am size 16
sophisticated skincare users
screw it up and put it in your suitcase
i have thrown my old baking tins out now that silicone is in
dont wear this if you dont want to be noticed
fab
affordable
easy pay just pay £2.50 and wear it for the next month
professional products
your supermarket charges £50 for 200 mils if you compare value
cant get this in their own stores at this price
specially produced for qvc viewers only
just think your own home made yogurt not from a shop where it been sat on a shelf
:wave2:

Charlie Brooks Take a look................. as he slowly opens the jewellery box. I like it when he drops things!

EXQUISITE!!!!! ....Aaagh! Nobody uses that chuffin' word in everyday life, it's so poncy, but they use it to describe every item of jewellery you can buy to add to your "jewellery WARDROBE".,.... Aaagh again!...What's wrong with jewellery collection? Bedwear, well that's always "HIGH END" isn't it...top hotels yada yada!
ASPIRATIONAL = F'ing expensive (even on easy pay)
CONSIDERED PURCHASE = You can't afford it
Shoes, fleeces, bags, Torch, screwdriver..you name it, you can't be without it on the "SCHOOL RUN"
Pots and pans, to give you son or daughter who's off to UNIVERSITY
Crap jewellery...first piece of "REAL" jewellery for a child or young teenager
Dont' you just love the way they think that a couple of stinky candles will turn your bathroom into a "sanctuary"? or a NN duvet cover will turn your bedroom into a "haven", oh, and put a couple of thou onto the value of your house?!

It's all such a load of poncy old bolox, but I guess they've got to try and make everything sound much better than it really is, guess that's why us "farters" have been disappointed so many times!

And how could I forget the most ANNOYING word in the qvc dictionary?....."MMMMMM" usually said with a mouth stuffed to the gunnels with the driest looking pastry this side of the grand canyon, or a pudding that costs about £9 a spoonful...AAAGH!

Last edited:
"Colourway" - um, wouldn't just "colour" do?

"Fashion forward", "on trend", "you're good to go" - bleuuurghghh, stop pretending to be American.

The other thing I've noticed is when they have a plus-size model on and they ALWAYS ask her what size she's wearing, as in: "and here we have Catherine, what size are you wearing, Catherine? Oh, the extra large". Slight pause. (translates as "you fat cow").

QVC's buying power.....More like major recycler of last season’s <s>carp</s> stock.:cheeky:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back