Peter Simon: Twatter

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

He's slowly getting back to his old self, and getting all confused with technology: as his intro from tonight shows..

He is doing one of those box things and after correcting himself that it wasn't platinum he repeatedly said it was a SILVER and diamond pendant and chain, hundreds and hundreds (500+) people ordered before he got it out the box. Again and again and again he kept saying SILVER.

It is NOT silver, it isn't even silver plated.

It is polished metal, silver coloured if you like. Can they get away with it because they don't call it sterling silver (although one might assume it was as, like I said, he originally said it was platinum? It's a bit of a jump going from platinum to metal.

Last edited:
Oh no Peter Simon is twitter @petersimonbid.Sounds fake to me just like the products they sell LOL.

The cretin was just doing one of his sickeningly insincere tributes to the late Thomas Kinkade in a promo for his 10pm show and he couldn't even get the date of his death right, he said
16 April when in fact it was 6 April.

It's bad enough he would use the mans death to bolster his sales but please Peter, pay a bit more attention to the important things rather than your tacky sales figures.

Absolutely horrible.

Last edited:
He's full of wind, I know that much
fart.gif

How do bid get away with employing this idiot? You would have thought in this day and age with the ASA and all, he would be a liability. His lies and exagerations of the products he sells would surely get most companys closed down! I just can't understand how they are allowed to continue!?

Although the ASA claim to proactively monitor advertising you can imagine how big that job must be. I would guess many misleading adverts (including multiple and regular pitches on Bid Shopping) just go unnoticed unless a specific complaint is raised with them.

I reckon Peter Simon could possibly be pulled on a massive percentage of his pitches, he is utterly out of control. Just in the last 2 days I have personally seen him misrepresent metal for silver, misrepresent synthetics for leather and misrepresent the size of a perfume bottle.

That's in addition to the false stories he regularly attaches to products. I cannot decide whether I think he is a nasty, sly and cynical charlatan or merely an incompetent moron.

Both would be a sacking offence in most companies.

Last edited:
Any idea why he was in hospital recently?? Apart from the obvious repetitive bullshit syndrome.

He said it was Pneumonia (his most recent hospital trip anyway)

I can't decide with Peter whether he's purposely bullshitting and misleading - or just massively unaware of what he's saying. He gets in such a mess with his words and he gets so confused that its sometimes difficult to know whether he even knows what he's saying.

Any idea why he was in hospital recently?? Apart from the obvious repetitive bullshit syndrome.

He was in hospital on assignment so he could return to tell us his £4.99 hat, scarf and glove set and (of course) his worry angels saved his life.

I can't decide with Peter whether he's purposely bullshitting and misleading - or just massively unaware of what he's saying. He gets in such a mess with his words and he gets so confused that its sometimes difficult to know whether he even knows what he's saying.
When he was selling items like stereo systems it was extremely obvious that he didn't know what he was talking about (much more so than anything else) when he tried to stray away from a basic product description in the sales pitch, therefore I would guess that a fair proportion of his 'mistakes' could be genuine ones. Indeed the sheer joy of watching Peter Simon was seeing him get totally confused over selling something like a digital camera or MP3 player, but they seem to be keeping him away from technology as much as possible these days.

Having said that, such behaviour would be a great cover for deliberately telling lies about products on a regular basis; mistakes relating to gigabytes and megapixels are perhaps excusable but certainly not in terms of confusing something like gold plate or gold paint with real gold.

When he was selling items like stereo systems it was extremely obvious that he didn't know what he was talking about (much more so than anything else) when he tried to stray away from a basic product description in the sales pitch, therefore I would guess that a fair proportion of his 'mistakes' could be genuine ones. Indeed the sheer joy of watching Peter Simon was seeing him get totally confused over selling something like a digital camera or MP3 player, but they seem to be keeping him away from technology as much as possible these days.

Having said that, such behaviour would be a great cover for deliberately telling lies about products on a regular basis; mistakes relating to gigabytes and megapixels are perhaps excusable but certainly not in terms of confusing something like gold plate or gold paint with real gold.

Even a technophobe should be able to tell the difference between a plastic and a leather watch strap, or a 30ml or 50ml bottle of perfume :wink:

I can't help but feel sorry for Peter. I remember him from his BBC days... maybe it's not my place to say but he would be best retiring and putting his feet up.

I can't help but feel sorry for Peter. I remember him from his BBC days... maybe it's not my place to say but he would be best retiring and putting his feet up.

Personally my sympathy is with the poor, gullible people who assume he is telling the truth and part with their money.

I have nothing but contempt for him but I do agree he should retire, and fast.

He's an absolute disgrace.

Latest posts

Back