Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Not a direct comparison and I’m sure if I could be arsed I could find better.

Attachments

• 2CDDA18F-5962-4109-AD39-B23CF747D328.jpeg
    2CDDA18F-5962-4109-AD39-B23CF747D328.jpeg
    183.1 KB · Views: 54
It’s interesting, isn’t it? This girl’s particular and tedious modus operandi is more or less constant reference to her family. Obviously, she values these people, as you can tell from the way she describes them. That being the case, would she like her old Granny, for example, buying a product based on taking as factual, outrageous claims about value elsewhere on a similar one? Who do they think are watching these presentations for this sort of stuff and are the people who are likely to buy it? Older people, not Net savvy, socially isolated people with not particularly high incomes and wanting to believe what they are being told is both true and can be evidenced for them if needed? Shameful. We are tuning in predominantly to have a laugh. Other people are actually tuning-in and then buying this stuff. They need to be better protected.

The thing is, the £9.99 trinkets and bits and bobs they are generally selling are probably quite reasonably priced at times. What they are doing wrong, for me, is presenting non-evidenced price comparisons to what they say are similar type goods elsewhere (like £2000 handbags compared to their £200) with no substance to them whatsoever. Or as in today’s example, saying anecdotally that the presenter would spend over £100 more for identical in some fantasy garden centre. It is MISLEADING!!! Just sell the stuff for what is. They don’t need the alleged massively higher prices for ‘the same’ or ‘similar’ elsewhere in Elsewherebutanywhere Land…£9.99 My little Nephew…My little boy..£9.99..£9.99 How many sleeps to Christmas?? £9.99…

The thing is, the £9.99 trinkets and bits and bobs they are generally selling are probably quite reasonably priced at times. What they are doing wrong, for me, is presenting non-evidenced price comparisons to what they say are similar type goods elsewhere (like £2000 handbags compared to their £200) with no substance to them whatsoever. Or as in today’s example, saying anecdotally that the presenter would spend over £100 more for identical in some fantasy garden centre. It is MISLEADING!!! Just sell the stuff for what is. They don’t need the alleged massively higher prices for ‘the same’ or ‘similar’ elsewhere in Elsewherebutanywhere Land…£9.99 My little Nephew…My little boy..£9.99..£9.99 How many sleeps to Christmas?? £9.99…
What they're neglecting to say is that quite a bit of the markup on the pricier goods elsewhere is branding.

Designer bags are aspirational accessories: you pay as much for the maker's name as you do for the quality of the bag. Perhaps even more. People are prepared to pay through the nose to be identified with a high-end brand.

Which, as I have mentioned before, makes paying a couple of hundred for an unbranded bag pretty useless. People would rather have poorer quality cheap fakes so they can still get the reaction from being seen with an alleged big name brand accessory. An unbranded lookey-likey, no matter how nice, won't engender the same excitement.

She’s mentioned her grandmother having a diary about six times already and has brought in her father in law, her two brothers and almost everyone in her family.But she said twice at the start that she’s too old to have a diary.I can’t keep up with the utter garbage being spouted here.Must go watch regular TV for a break.Jesus, she’s still on about the father in law as I type this.

What they're neglecting to say is that quite a bit of the markup on the pricier goods elsewhere is branding.

Designer bags are aspirational accessories: you pay as much for the maker's name as you do for the quality of the bag. Perhaps even more. People are prepared to pay through the nose to be identified with a high-end brand.

Which, as I have mentioned before, makes paying a couple of hundred for an unbranded bag pretty useless. People would rather have poorer quality cheap fakes so they can still get the reaction from being seen with an alleged big name brand accessory. An unbranded lookey-likey, no matter how nice, won't engender the same excitement.
Probably just me but whenever I hear the word aspirational used by anyone trying to sell me something it sets my teeth on edge.

After what seemed a promising beginning, I now find her one of the poorest shopping television presenters currently that I watch. That's in terms of quality rather than what's in her bank account. She actually gets paid for what she did this morning.
At first Jess was good, At times she would get a bit over giddy, but was bearable, She is becoming less so

Latest posts

Back