Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

In the early 70s I remember an animated programme called Mary, Mungo and Midge. About a girl who lived in a tower block in a town and had adventures with her dog and pet mouse. They used to get in the lift to go downstsirs to go out. I remember that so vividly because I lived in a flat in a tower block at that time.

Just Googled it, it was one of the first children's programme to feature an urban setting. Richard Baker narrated it, I loved it.

In the early 70s I remember an animated programme called Mary, Mungo and Midge. About a girl who lived in a tower block in a town and had adventures with her dog and pet mouse. They used to get in the lift to go downstsirs to go out. I remember that so vividly because I lived in a flat in a tower block at that time.

Just Googled it, it was one of the first children's programme to feature an urban setting. Richard Baker narrated it, I loved it.
I remember Crystal Tips and Alistair. A little girl with wild hair and her dog!

Because we’re all great big silly old Hectors.

What was the name of the frog in Hector’s House?
Was it something like Madame Za Za?
I remember a Female DJ called Madame Zu around 1998. That doesn't answer your question though.

Kiki the Frog from Hectors House. Madame ZuZu's tea house storytime from Bozo's Circus?

It is a double whammy of beauty today. Lindsey on IW3 and Caroline and Peter on TJC.

What about "it's Friday, it's five to five, and it's Crackerjack". I loved that!
I vaguley remember watching it with Stu Francis. I will have been 4/5 when I first started watching it. I remember the Krankies? Maybe just for a couple of years in the early 80s.

Is Peter Sherlock from TJC reminiscing about his yoof by sporting his new romantic hairstyle from the early 80s?

Just flicked over to QVC and
they flogging a set of 3 suitcases
Dropping a heavy wrecking style ball on it showing it fletch rather than break.
Just made me wonder if I’m the only one who has never had a suitcase crack in transit. Throughout all my years of having to buy new cases due to damage during travel it’s always been the loss of wheels never the case.

Was it crackerjack that had the game cabbages and kings?
I seem to remember a game on Crackerjack where the children were given a prize for the right answer to a question, or a cabbage for the wrong answer. If they dropped anything they were out of the game. Can't remember what it was called but it could have been called that.

Anyone else remember Crown Court?
That was a sickie programme too!
Yep. That was more watchable if the case was interesting and a good story behind it.

Interesting to compare court room dramas from then to now.

I would need to double check the models and names of them but the ones they are selling that I have seen are not 'Pro' Anything that you wouldn't wanted laughed out the room to be considered professional has to be minimum 4k. Now don't get me wrong HD video is great and if you were just getting extra shots it would be alright. The HD video in THESE drones is not the same HD that actual professional drones that are used in the industry would have. There are better codecs and HDR cameras. HDR (High Dynamic Range) gives more wiggle room with the raw footage. HDR cameras bring out better detail. These ones are not that type of camera. There's nothing wrong with them, they would be fine, but trying to compare them to drones worth thousands of pounds is not realistic. Your average punter won't care about that and will have fun with them. For myself I could see them being used to get shots for a YouTube video or Vlog. But I don't think the resolution is broadcast quality (the basic spec required for your footage to be accepted by broadcasters to show your work). Don't get me wrong, it's not the crime of the century. But anyone wishing to use professional gear would not be buying them off shopping TV. These are toys. Fun toys at a good price and not bad cameras. Just don't compare them to Hollywood movies!
These so-called 'Pro' drones look little different to the fx-pro HD drones available years ago on the old IW2. All the same RJM Chinese-sourced brand.

But the prices have risen from £40-£80 range, to £120-£190+ range for what looks basically the same thing with perhaps a few extra features like GPS or hand tracking/shortcuts via an improved phone app?

Why are they so much more expensive now?

Not sure what time of the day all these came on, but remember watching some as a kid and some as a teenager at secondary school, ranging from the late 70s until the late 80s/early 90s. Danger Mouse, Bananaman, Count Duckula, Terrahawks, The Trap Door, Bagpuss, Mr Benn, Wilo the Wisp, The Wind in the Willows, Button Moon, The Magic Roundabout, Emu's World, Jamie and the Magic Torch, Mr.Men and Little Miss, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show, The Sooty Show, The Basil Brush Show, Cockleshell Bay, Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds, The Littlest Hobo, Captin Caveman, Superted, Thundercats, The Raggy Dolls. I I have no doubt that there are many more, but these are the ones that come to mind at the moment.
You have a great memory! I watched many of these but couldn't list them all like that.

You have a great memory! I watched many of these but couldn't list them all like that.
Other people had listed things I forgot about, and I have remembered a few more. Postman Pat, Thomas the Tank Engine, Roland Rat, Sesame Street, Rentaghost, Grange Hill, Biker Grove, Wacaday Jossy's Giants, (should of remembered that, as named my dog Joss when I was 9 going on 10). This was after I had left school, but how could I forget Beavis & Butt-head.

Granny Bashers Bedding now
Flowery bedding must be in fashion, because they were selling it on QVC last night. It was better quality bedding, but still minging floral patterns, in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back