Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have just noticed the Farah jumper Jezza is wearing. It reminded me of Jim Bowen and his Bullseye special Farah trousers. You always saw the little f sign on his back pocket when he went to sort out the money won during the ad break. I had some Farah school trousers, and some Lois jumbo cords.

Andy with Carmel, Jenny or Chris are by far my favourites, whatever they are selling, I will watch.
At first glance whilst channel hopping, I thought Lianna was that female comedian Roisin Conaty , who had fallen upon hard times.

The 2 presenter format works well on TJC, when they pair Andy with Carmel, Caroline, Jenny, Lianna or Chris. It doesn't work when the Jewellery buyers are part of the 2, and it doesn't work when Peter Sherlock is on Teams or Zoom Co presenting a beauty show. It doesn't work on IW3 because you then have 2 bullshitters going OTT. On TJC, they just sell the items, whilst having a laugh, no hard sell, and zero BS.
'In your opinion' if you see what I mean? IW sales figures maybe show the various duos, no matter how sh*t we think they are, do well in terms of sales generated.

'In your opinion' if you see what I mean? IW sales figures maybe show the various duos, no matter how sh*t we think they are, do well in terms of sales generated.
I wouldn't call what goes on at IW as duo's. It is mainly one presenter and one demonstrator, or in the case of Peter V, so called expert. Unless IW start putting up the amount of items sold on screen like TJC does, we will never no one way or another, which format sells more units on IW.

So they're selling a watch for £160 that should be selling for £1,160.

So, assuming everyone along the supply chain is still making at least some profit at £160, the mark-up at its usual selling price of £1,160 would be at least 750-800% if my calcs are right.

Go and Google 'mark up on watches' ;)

Latest posts

Back