What did you like at QVC and where are you buying now?!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The first thing I ever bought was a roasting tin with a lid. Then down the years are a few clothes, jewellery, Yankee candles and lots and lots of nail varnish plus 3 Kipling bags and LG make up. I dread to think how much money I've spent!!

I was never a big buyer of beauty items so I'm stuffed now as that's all that seems to be on now.
I have had tons and tons of jewellery and to be honest love most of it but little of interest now.

Never been into Kipling - I'm a Tig girl but even that is boring now.

All in all I'm finding little to interest me.

There was a time when I got so many parcels per day I was embarrassed to look the postman in the eye - he must think I've left home!!

The first thing I ever bought was a roasting tin with a lid. Then down the years are a few clothes, jewellery, Yankee candles and lots and lots of nail varnish plus 3 Kipling bags and LG make up. I dread to think how much money I've spent!!

I had one of those too Nora! I got that way back at the beginning of Q. Mine had a little rack inside it. Also around the same time I bought one of those contraptions that cooked the chicken upright.

I used to buy lots of Liz Earle but changing the formulation of CnP was the start of the rot and now I don't use any of LE's products at all.

Smashbox was always a definite purchase for me but again, quality dropped and the value didn't seem to be as good so I stopped buying.

Moving to Oz has put a stop to all QVC shopping for me! I buy Elemis on eBay or from various UK based websites as it's the one range I still love using but it's stupidly expensive in Australia. I have a good friend in the UK who will pick up LG TSV's for me as LG isn't available at all here.

A'kin I can buy in the chemist here, Birkenstocks I'll get on eBay nd that's pretty much all I used to buy from QVC. I started shopping with TVSN recently and so far, I'm impressed! The presentations can be really shoddy but the service was fantastic.

I was never a big buyer of beauty items so I'm stuffed now as that's all that seems to be on now.
I have had tons and tons of jewellery and to be honest love most of it but little of interest now.

Never been into Kipling - I'm a Tig girl but even that is boring now.

All in all I'm finding little to interest me.

There was a time when I got so many parcels per day I was embarrassed to look the postman in the eye - he must think I've left home!!

I can relate to that! Usually my oh was at home and would say to the postie/courier, "not qvc again" with the response "feels like another bag"! Agree about Tig - boring styles and colours these days and their prices have doubled.

Craft goodies...I used to buy so many from QVC, and had some super buys!
I've always enjoyed crafting and art, and after being inspired by demonstrations and products on QVC I started making my own cards, and progressed onto selling them too, and have had several very successful years of selling at craft fairs, and am now selling my cards in France.
Crafting has now basically died on QVC - I guess because they never progressed from a strict sell one item at a time format - I don't even watch the few shows they have now :sad:

when i first discovered Q i was like a kid in a sweet shop. Diamonique, LE were the main ones but then every beauty TSV looked tempting so they were ordered with great regularity. What started to happen, i'm ashamed to say, was a new order placed without having even started the last one. I was a sucker for all the hype and words like "value" and only.
What brought me to my senses was being constantly underwhelmed and receiving my bank statemet

I rarely buy anything now. LE i buy direct from her website, and anything else from E bay or amazon.

Q has become way to expensive for both items and p&p.

I have in the past had some excellent purchases. My kiiplng Kate velvet, silver popcorn watch, Easyo yogurt maker, but these were all bought when their prices were reasonable. Like most on here i'm now a savvy shopper who realises all this nicey nicey we're a qvc family b***ocks from the presenters is just a transparent sales ploy.

Last edited:
Like this thread, makes me realise I'm nearly cured!

Used to buy Elemis/Decleor/Liz Earle/Gatineau TSVs, but (not so) soon sussed out that actually this stuff is not that fantastic and too expensive. Gradually working through my rather large stockpile, how come when you are trying to use skincare up it lasts forever but when you love it it disappears fast?! I do still have a bit of a Instant Boost Skin Tonic and Superskin Concentrate obsession but now buy from LE shop with freebies and no P&P. Now buy most toiletries and make up from Boots or Superdrug or Amazon.

Kipling- bought 4 bags from QVC but now buy from TKMaxx if I see one I like, but honestly how many bags do I really need?

Lola Rose and Silver jewellery- bought a few TSVs but now buy from Amazon (again free P&P) when it's heavily discounted. I do still buy from Q clearance occasionally.

Have never bought clothes or home things from them as not been tempted, prefer TKMaxx, Debenhams and Matalan. Also must confess to a small charity shop habit. My local charity shop sells a lot of new items with labels but sadly most don't seem to have much stock at all in these days.

Brought so much from QVC in the last few months, its weird. I used to by a lot, love the 12 o'clock buzz, though I wasn't consistant on actual specifics, I suppose Elemis, still have so much don't need to buy any for a long time, nail products, gone back to short nails now. Then I discovered this forum, TBH - members here have influenced me far more than QVC ever have since then. Then I went through a patch of just one or two items a year but now I actually economise and bargain hunt all over the web and shops and buy more from QVC amazingly and it's been a great help for christmas presents and a few other things. Still no consistancey in brands or items, I right eclectic lot. I don't spend fortunes with them though, just small amounts, the most I have spent on one item this year is the Centigrade TSV coat for one of my DD's as it was the best quality and price for what I wanted.

I still have a hankering for Birki's, Kipling and Elemis but have to curb it. Currently going through a Camouflague Company love but buying elsewhere on the net for a fraction of QVC prices, still use the big Q for guidance and reviews.

It is frightening when I think of just how much money I used to spend on QVC in the beginning. It is because of QVC I learned of Molton Brown, Decleor and Smashbox. I used to buy all the beauty TSV, s and used to stay up excited to see what it was lol
Have a great pots and pan set from Cooks escentual that must be now at least 13 years old and still going strong. I LOVE my buckwheat pilllow I bought of qvc, and that must have been right in the biginning. I got most of my family in to them.
Then the saturation point came and I watch less and less now, I can not even remember the last time I watched a whole hour. I might watch here and there for a short while, but tend to come on here for info of items, or TSV info. Still tend to buy the odd big silver ring from there as I do like Suarti or South Western Silver, (thanks to Snarly I do not even need to watch, she mentioned what she bought I have a look and buy, the woman should work for QVC :blush:) but it is so much less than what it used to be.

I had one of those too Nora! I got that way back at the beginning of Q. Mine had a little rack inside it. Also around the same time I bought one of those contraptions that cooked the chicken upright.

Yes Latch I think it was amongst the first things they sold Lol. I never got round to buying the chicken contraption though, was it any good or haven't I missed much!

Ahh WildRose, everytime I look at my SouthwesternMainelyRing, I think of you =^.^= . Funny you should say about working for Q - they had their chance when I auditioned for the PresenterRole, Craig won. It turned out to be such a blessing I didn't get it, as the M.E. really kicked in and I became housebound. I just WantedToBeWanted, IYKWIM. Hard to accept your WorkingLife is over. FastForward to today, and this Forum is great for those of us who may not talk to anyone else for a few days/week. :Mwah!: :heart: ... Thanks to y'all and your shopping recommendations, I've bought gorgeous pashminas, nasties-free nail products, sls/paraben-free products and now have the longest, strongest nails of my life. WellDoneYou!!! And learned about DSR. :wink: LovesYaLotsSnarly

I have to say: I do love wearing it Snarly :grin: and would not be without my buckwheat pillow either, even take it with me when we go and stay somewhere, brilliant buy from QVC, though just about to send a ring back that I only wore once and the rose gold plating came off at the back already, so some not so good deals as well:wonder:

Yes Latch I think it was amongst the first things they sold Lol. I never got round to buying the chicken contraption though, was it any good or haven't I missed much!

I have one of those upright chicken cooking contraptions - think I bought it from a Bettaware catalogue.
It cooks chickens beautifully, but' if it's a big one have to take the top shelf of oven out, so somewhat reduces the space required to cook some of the stuff you want to go with it.

I remember the upright chicken cooker thingy - I found it recently when I was clearing out some old rubbish from the utility room. It has never been used, even had instructions stuck inside it!

I used to do same as many - stay up and get quite excited to see new TSV.

I have found this forum better than any therapy to reduce my spending! I watch carefully what I buy, mostly due to reading the posts here and realising they were salesmen and women. I also got quite annoyed when I realised there were people being invited (sometimes many times!) to events at QVC and getting amazing goody bags, I've never been invited to anything.:mysmilie_478: Ok I did get a Christmas card from them one year - whoopee! It also annoys me when they read out rave reviews of products from people on their "Customer Review Panels" - who are these people? why are they getting items free when I'm having to pay for them? no wonder they give things good reviews - they were freebies!

Rant over - I'll go back into my box. Doing the 5:2 diet and today is a "2". It's supposed to be good for the blood pressure......

I used to buy loads of stuff but not anymore, I made the decision a while ago my love affair with the channel had to end because of these 'only £30' were adding up to a fortune.

Like many on this thread I used to get jewellry but not now, including B&W which I never ever watch at all these days. Bedding, you can get far cheaper else where and never ever Clarks shoes because you get free postage direct from their own webside.

I still look at the beauty TSV's but if I've got stock I don't buy more and I know the brands and products I like now and more often than not get from other suppliers; postage on QVC kills many of the so called offers and other retailers are picking up on it now and giving just as good deals.

You have to shop around as QVC is not as good value as they try to make out.

Ahh WildRose, everytime I look at my SouthwesternMainelyRing, I think of you =^.^= . Funny you should say about working for Q - they had their chance when I auditioned for the PresenterRole, Craig won. It turned out to be such a blessing I didn't get it, as the M.E. really kicked in and I became housebound. I just WantedToBeWanted, IYKWIM. Hard to accept your WorkingLife is over. FastForward to today, and this Forum is great for those of us who may not talk to anyone else for a few days/week. :Mwah!: :heart: ... Thanks to y'all and your shopping recommendations, I've bought gorgeous pashminas, nasties-free nail products, sls/paraben-free products and now have the longest, strongest nails of my life. WellDoneYou!!! And learned about DSR. :wink: LovesYaLotsSnarly

Snarly, what are you using on your nails please?

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

Hiya Flamenco :wave: I liked ProStrong but the last 2 months, my nails are the longest/strongest ever. My thumbnails extend a good 1/4" now and they always broke at the sides. Last 2 months-Boots Nail supplement -NailEat/Drink (NailCareClub) both recommendations from YouLovelies. Brush on NE for 3 weeks then switch to ND. The first day of ND I got 3! bits broken off so back to NE only. Love it so much, I re-ordered duo of NE this week. For the last week, I switched to QticaNaturalNailGrowthStimulator and it works! Also QticaCuticleBalm. The NE worked so well that I ordered the other products from the same company. Got me hooked. lol Index finger has slight peeling and is shorter but other 9 are fab! And it's thanks to y'all. :heart: SnarlyDoesListen [sometimes!]

Blimey I cant even remember now, that was forever ago. I think they sold some kind of seasoning thing to shake over the chicken too lol!

Latest posts

Back