what do your friends and family think of your qvc addiction.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Rosielinks, my husband isn't keen on Ali Young either

despite the fact that they were born in towns that are very close together. He can't understand how I can out up with her voice which really grates on him. I on the other hand hang on to her every word because she makes me beeyooteeful.

After being a QVC shopper for 15 years my friends/family are used to my addiction by now! Most of my friends/family now refer to me as 'Miss QVC' which doesn't offend me at all as I'm a QVC addict and proud of it (well there are worst things to be addicted to!)

My sister in law used to draw her eyes to the heavens, now has moved to the countryside and finds she can not get some of the nice brands anymore so easily! Guess where this is leading: yep: she now buys of QVC herself! My brother in law used to call me nuts and even tried to tell me that all you buy of ebay is stolen and QVC was just a load of C***. However, imagine my surprise when I discovered in the summer that he now has an ebay account, and ..... buys of qvc occasionally!!
Why are people so snobbish about QVC???? Some shopping channels /info channels I can almost understand, but QVC?

laughing reading all these wonderful posts!! please feel sorry for me girls I am in pain due to a slipped disc!! so I need the forum to keep me sane x
my husband thinks I am barmy watching and buying from qvc, he says the best purchase I made were the scales for weighing our cases.I have to watch in the spare room or on line if he is home,its great on my days offf when hes at work I am a rebel and have it on in the background.Bought his mum a freeview box years ago and she got addicted,she buys mostly jewellery (stuff I cant afford!!)
this is a great post, well done LE lover!
Am looking forwrd to l'occitane at weekend and yankee also which will both be ordered on cheque hold til I get paid,will have to restrain myself a bit as I am now off work for 4 weeks....!

I tell people that I have bought make up & body products from them etc and I don't care because you can get good named brands and sometimes you get them for a good price etc.

However someone at my work a youngish guy watches it when he's bored to help him sleep lol - He once said oh you're earrings look like the ones that were on QVC - Oh dear I completely denied it and was like how blooming rude they're from M&S thank you!! ARGH!! was completely shamed - just don't think a lot of people my age would think it was a good thing to watch!!

Oh and my boyfriend hates it - as he says its all the same ie makeup & beauty products why do you have to watch it again! He's probably right but I don't know I like to watch it!!

laughing reading all these wonderful posts!! please feel sorry for me girls I am in pain due to a slipped disc!! so I need the forum to keep me sane x
my husband thinks I am barmy watching and buying from qvc, he says the best purchase I made were the scales for weighing our cases.I have to watch in the spare room or on line if he is home,its great on my days offf when hes at work I am a rebel and have it on in the background.Bought his mum a freeview box years ago and she got addicted,she buys mostly jewellery (stuff I cant afford!!)
this is a great post, well done LE lover!
Am looking forwrd to l'occitane at weekend and yankee also which will both be ordered on cheque hold til I get paid,will have to restrain myself a bit as I am now off work for 4 weeks....!

Ouch queenie hope you feel better soon.
OldWomanAndComputerJoke.jpg

backache.jpg

Take it easy Queenie! And you'd better restrain yourself, actually: if you have to keep shuffling to the door to get loads of parcels or, heaven forfend, have to keep bending down to pick up all those loads of parcels, then turn into a contortionist to hide all said parcels, well... you could delay your recovery considerably, have to stay off work for longer... keep ordering more... it could all turn into a nightmare from which you cannot awake... !
Seriously, a slipped disc sounds mighty sore - take care, and hope you get better very soon!

Oh and my boyfriend hates it - as he says its all the same ie makeup & beauty products why do you have to watch it again! He's probably right but I don't know I like to watch it!!

You can always tell him that its fine, you stop watching but Sat its shopping for make up day!
Are men not amazing. they spend hours watching cars racing around a track or 20 guys runing after 1 ball (football), people beating each others brains out (boxing), or guys throwing darts at a board:...... :confused2::confused2::confused2: but women are odd watching QVC:taphead::taphead::taphead::taphead::taphead:

As for the QVC addiction: friends don't know about it, family think I'm a complete saddo.

PS the 'addiction' is more about watching than buying. I sometimes buy, but much more carefully now!

Once at work someone went into raptures about a ring I was wearing and I said it was from QVC and the reponse was "you actually buy jewellery from the telly" in the sort of voice that seemed to imply I had admitted to drinking my own wee. Well it's our QVC and we can slag it off but woe betide anyone else who does. My son thinks my habit is akin a crack addiction but somewhat cheaper and my partner just thinks it is hilarious. My sister cannot comprehend that anyone in their right mind would a) watch it b) buy from it, ha ha she's had many a gift from QVC and I always tell her. I just love it, it has so many functions, you can laugh at it, moan about it, buy some great stuff from it and then come on the fab forum and realise that you are not alone!

Once at work someone went into raptures about a ring I was wearing and I said it was from QVC and the reponse was "you actually buy jewellery from the telly" in the sort of voice that seemed to imply I had admitted to drinking my own wee. Well it's our QVC and we can slag it off but woe betide anyone else who does. My son thinks my habit is akin a crack addiction but somewhat cheaper and my partner just thinks it is hilarious. My sister cannot comprehend that anyone in their right mind would a) watch it b) buy from it, ha ha she's had many a gift from QVC and I always tell her. I just love it, it has so many functions, you can laugh at it, moan about it, buy some great stuff from it and then come on the fab forum and realise that you are not alone!

OOoooooo I nearly peed my pants at that. Brilliant! :eek: :D

You should have replied "You mean to say that in this day and age you actually trudge around the high street for jewellery instead of shopping from the comfort of your own home via a TV set" in a voice that suggested they had just admitted to eating their own poo. :rock:

You should have replied "You mean to say that in this day and age you actually trudge around the high street for jewellery instead of shopping from the comfort of your own home via a TV set" in a voice that suggested they had just admitted to eating their own poo. :rock:

Too true my lovely! :flower: :up2:

Twice in one day LA. I should think you had a little leakage during the Mally show too. Am I right?:tongue2::cheeky:

Very nearly honey, very nearly. I expect I'll be in trouble tonight when they roll out the New Today stuff! :eek::D

Great post, LE - what an interesting subject!

My twin sister also shops occasionally from QVC and she loves the jewellery. Often, when we are surfing the net with a glass of wine (as you do) we'll fire up the QVC site and she puts in "pearl" or "kirks folly" (which she likes) into the search thingy ma bob and we both "ooh and ah" over pretty things. This is such a girlie thing to do I'm almost embarrassed to admit it!

My brother in law would be horrified to know that his Christmas present last year, which he loved (flexible tripod for his camera) came from QVC as he has expressed such negative, snobby views that I wonder whether he was a QVC worker in a previous life and hated it!

This year I will be getting him one of those Pilates back stretching jobbies, which I know he will like and use. Ha!

Sister in law knows about my love for all things QVC and asked me recently: "did you buy the plastic shoe boxes?" "yes, and they were brilliant", said I. They are on her wish list! I bought her the hangers (you know the ones) last Christmas and she reports a great deal of what would may call ...wardrobe happiness.

My older sister, twin sister AND my Mum love them too.

My jewellery is often complimented by my friends and by family. Sometimes I admit where it's from, sometimes not. There is still a great deal of snobbery regarding QVC and I have to wonder why. They sell good quality bling for the most part, often unusual and even their gold jewellery is of relatively funky design and pretty good quality, sometimes excellent quality. Their brands - Decleor, Gatineau, Bose, Lola Rose, Lulu Guinness etc are designer ones more often than not so maybe people are remembering them how they used to be (?) or maybe shopping channels in general have a poor reputation. Dunno why.

Latest posts

Back