what do your friends and family think of your qvc addiction.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have an account, my littlest sister has an account, my dad has an account, my other sister uses my account, my best friend has an account, my best friend's boyfriend has an account, my best friend's mum has an account, my mum had an account, I'm surrounded by QVC shoppers, which is kinda good.

I am kind of brazen about my shopping, but always seem to follow it up with "I only buy beauty products, not any of the clothes or other stuff". I have to admit when I went on the model's prefer cruise the other year I was really worried that everyone might be very addicted and dressed head to toe in kim and co, but surprisingly enough we all seemed quite "normal"

Thanks for all your fabulous responses they have had me nodding in agreement and crying with laughter. It's nice to know i'm not alone in my guilty secret. :giggle::giggle::giggle:

Wonderful post - one of my friends buys secretly - but generally it is a secret for me. My jewellery is great but many will never know. Also i have four cats so i think i am a disaster socially.

my friends all think i should be in some sort of therapy.
i can picture the scene all of us sitting in a circle and i stand up and say" my name is Le lover and i'm qvc addict.": we could all have a group hug at the end.giggle::giggle:

Don't you think this site is sort of "therapy"? QVCaholics anonymous. I know since coming here I've spent less dosh!!

poor you. i wish you better. drink lots and rest and hopefully you'll be well soon: sun::sun::sun:

I have to watch QVC on the quiet, and carefully dispose of QVC packaging, as friends and family would arrange an intervention if they knew.:bandit::giggle:

I think everyone should come out of the closest and be proud. I don't shout it from the rooftops but I don't shame away from it anymore.

I have to watch QVC on the quiet, and carefully dispose of QVC packaging, as friends and family would arrange an intervention if they knew.:bandit::giggle:

Same here. The packaging goes straight into the recycle bin and the item to the bottom of my wardrobe to be bought out at a later date and passed of as something I've had for ages.

What a fab thread.
All my friends and family think I too am crackers, but I get lots of compliments on jewellery etc and I don't care
A lot then ask me to order for them - too ashamed to have their own account!Ridiculous.
I tell everyone that asks where stuff is from - my view is that they are the ones missing out and I am NOT ashamed to admit where stuff comes from.
I hate the trudge of high street shopping - QVC is much more time saving.
I do also find myself defending them saying - you can get it in John Lewis but it'll cost you more!
I do know my courier by his 1st name and he visits often. He often asks me what the recent TSVs are when he has a van full.He knows I am an addict!
My family know that they get more for pressies from me if they come from QVC so they don't really mind.
I spent a bit of time at the recent craft event discussing the stigma of QVC with Catherine Huntley - she feels the same as most of us and she works there!

What is funny is that in my job I meet a lot of Joe Public - and I have started noticing a few Tignanello bags and Honora necklaces in the last few months.
I believe there are an awful lot of closet shoppers.
Earlier this year I spoke to my next door neighbour when I had a parcel to give her that had been left with me - and after discussing the contents of her parcel spent about an hour on the doorstep discussing the wonders of ojon/liz earle etc -
I just feel we are all members of a club the benefits of which you won't understand until you too become addicted!

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I've had a really carp day at work and this thread has cheered me up no end.

I agree with what everyone says but it really annoys me. More and more people buy off the internet now - Amazon, Ebay, Next etc etc, but say you buy from QVC and people look at you as if you've got two heads.

I earn my money and can spend it on what I want.

Nowadays, I just say I bought it online cos I can't be bothered with the sneering looks. It's their loss - I love buying from QVC and you get a better idea of what something looks like from the tele, than you do from a flat page.

I have my Hermes driver's mobile number in my phone!!!

I'm currently awaiting 3 parcels and cannot wait.

Thanks again everyone and especially LE Lover for starting this thread.

What is funny is that in my job I meet a lot of Joe Public - and I have started noticing a few Tignanello bags and Honora necklaces in the last few months.
I believe there are an awful lot of closet shoppers.
Earlier this year I spoke to my next door neighbour when I had a parcel to give her that had been left with me - and after discussing the contents of her parcel spent about an hour on the doorstep discussing the wonders of ojon/liz earle etc -
I just feel we are all members of a club the benefits of which you won't understand until you too become addicted!

Ahhhh a bit like the Freemasons eh? A secret club that no-one knows about but we can spot the signs and other members.

We should devise a secret handshake so we can approach each other without drawing too much attention.

Latest posts

Back