What is the point of Glen?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What's the point of any male on QVC we all know it's a tits and nickers channel now and has been for some years now.

He pops up out of nowhere like a little troll under a bridge......." who's that trit trotting over MY bridge?"..........can't you tell I've worked with kids for 30 odd years!!:mysmilie_61:

He tells a good 'story' though.:mysmilie_11:

Birkenstocks...even with a £100 Dreamkeeper ensemble...birkis with everything!...........get real Glen :mysmilie_11:

I like the way Glen dresses - I think he is very hip and manages to do smart casual unlike a lot of blokes. However I agree - I don't see why QVC has him as a style advisor when the other presenters spout the same rubbish as him. I also don't understand why have Alison as a "beauty expert" - fair enough if she was impartial but she's not going to come on and say this product we're selling is pants, buy x product instead :mysmilie_697:

Glen is a "man of age" and therefore obsolete to the real fashion world.

He has entered the twilight zone of the QVC fashion dept, where his challenge is to convince his weak and stupid viewers that statically enhanced nylon or lace, clingy sequin embellished horrors, cheap coats and a half mast trouser worn with a birkenstock or an emu will make us fashion forward dressed up down or sideways day or night!!!

Pointless man..who looks silly most of the time!!

Oh and where was Michelle Hopeless and Dim and co during London fashion week :mysmilie_17:

Brilliant post Lemonsqueezy, I totally agree. Why are QVC spending money on this man when they already pay presenters to sell the tat. They obviously know it's rubbish , why not get decent fashion ranges in non static materials that would sell themselves then they could ditch the old has :mysmilie_17:been.

It seems to me Glen has the most pointless job on QVC, trying to sound interested in every item of 'fashion' they show, a thankless task. I'm sure there are other pointless jobs but his has to be up there in the top ten. Nothing against him but I've often wondered if he actually gets any job satisfcation, mostly sitting there reeling off the fakeness that is QVC, call me cynical but thats how I see it.

Yeah, I caught that show too Northernlights: Glen with the purple birkenstocks. As on other occasions when I've seen him, he just seems to hove into view, not really adding any information at all. I don't actively dislike him or anything, and he looks quite nice, I think, but the poor guy just seems like a bit of a spare part really.

I should reckon without meaning to sound offensive to anyone, sorry if I do btw, that a lot of QVC's fashion customers are elderly, housebound, or of a size that is not catered for properly on the high street. I have noticed that the bulk of their clothing items are easy fit, easy wash, and require little or no ironing, which of course is a boon to those who require that of their clothing for whatever reason. The clothes are NOT fashionable, and NOT one would imagine the first place someone would think of if they wanted a new outfit for work, a night out, an interview, or any special occassion for that matter. In a way I don't blame them for trying to hype up the "fashion" element, they want the clothes to be seen in the best light possible; yes they do mention all the practicalities for those who are wearing the stuff out of necessity rather than choice, but only really in passing....What I'm trying to say, is that they mean well, but it doesn't stop it being really irritating when they're trying to purport that some grey elasticated sheet shaped into a skirt or cardi is high fashion!

Ideal World on the other hand, whilst they produce more than their fair share of absolute horrors, do a lot of the time feature clothing ranges that are more likely to be seen on the high street, and garments that are made from natural fabrics.....however, look for something smaller than a size 16 and you're out of luck. Pretty much all the decent stuff they feature is aimed at the larger lady, the stretchy static stuff of course comes in all sizes, but anything else...forget it!

It's a pity they don't take a bit of advice from one another, and QVC look at stocking pretty and fashionable clothing for the larger/ or less able customer instead of stretchy bin bags,you would no longer need to hype it all up...after all nice looking clothes speak for themselves!

And IW don't forget that it isn't just the larger lady who likes to buy fashion from you!

I cannot stand to see/watch/listen to him anymore. Now, when he appears, I have switch to another channel. He talks so fast and joins all his words together, and generally talks a load of garbage. But the thing that really made my skin crawl was those claw hands mauling the models, who, if you noitce seem to cringe when they see him walking towards them.

I should reckon without meaning to sound offensive to anyone, sorry if I do btw, that a lot of QVC's fashion customers are elderly, housebound, or of a size that is not catered for properly on the high street. I have noticed that the bulk of their clothing items are easy fit, easy wash, and require little or no ironing, which of course is a boon to those who require that of their clothing for whatever reason. The clothes are NOT fashionable, and NOT one would imagine the first place someone would think of if they wanted a new outfit for work, a night out, an interview, or any special occassion for that matter. In a way I don't blame them for trying to hype up the "fashion" element, they want the clothes to be seen in the best light possible; yes they do mention all the practicalities for those who are wearing the stuff out of necessity rather than choice, but only really in passing....What I'm trying to say, is that they mean well, but it doesn't stop it being really irritating when they're trying to purport that some grey elasticated sheet shaped into a skirt or cardi is high fashion!

Ideal World on the other hand, whilst they produce more than their fair share of absolute horrors, do a lot of the time feature clothing ranges that are more likely to be seen on the high street, and garments that are made from natural fabrics.....however, look for something smaller than a size 16 and you're out of luck. Pretty much all the decent stuff they feature is aimed at the larger lady, the stretchy static stuff of course comes in all sizes, but anything else...forget it!

It's a pity they don't take a bit of advice from one another, and QVC look at stocking pretty and fashionable clothing for the larger/ or less able customer instead of stretchy bin bags,you would no longer need to hype it all up...after all nice looking clothes speak for themselves!

And IW don't forget that it isn't just the larger lady who likes to buy fashion from you!

We must never forget the Native American design fleece:mysmilie_17:

Glen is my QVC pet hate, as soon as I hear his out-of-breath inanities I have to switch over. I don't find him offensive just plain irritating and his style of chat reminds me of the 'emperor's new clothes' - he would tell you a potato sack was "fashion forward" if he thought he could earn a bit more commission. I'm sure he's a lovely chap and kind to animals and children but when it comes to fashion he is about as much use as a ten year old copy of Woman's Weekly. If he was that much in demand he wouldn't be on QVC. Still, I suppose he's got to make a living, and as I say, I can always choose to change channels.

I cannot stand to see/watch/listen to him anymore. Now, when he appears, I have switch to another channel. He talks so fast and joins all his words together, and generally talks a load of garbage. But the thing that really made my skin crawl was those claw hands mauling the models, who, if you noitce seem to cringe when they see him walking towards them.

:mysmilie_82::mysmilie_82::mysmilie_82: maria you took the words right out of my mouth!

Fashion Forward
Buying into a Story
Little Pump
Little T Shirt
Little Trouser
In the Summer with Birkies
In the Winter with Emus
A woman of age
Dress it up or dress it down

All these phrases are on a constant loop and punctuated only by 'the claw'!!

QVC have had callers on who mostly sound like 'women of an age' who say..."Oh Glen, I really love all the advice you give". Well it is not advice, it is stock phrases over and over and over. Glen now speaks really fast as though he has got only 15 seconds to fit in as many of his inane sentences as possible, rather like the game shows of yore where they named what was on the conveyor belt. He repeated what many of the guests said over the weekend and I agree with what other FMs have said in that his own clothes are too contrived and it is an insult to the viewers to keep him on. I much prefer the lady that is on sometimes if we have to have someone.

Bet

BetLynch said:
Fashion Forward
Buying into a Story
Little Pump
Little T Shirt
Little Trouser
In the Summer with Birkies
In the Winter with Emus
A woman of age
Dress it up or dress it down

All these phrases are on a constant loop and punctuated only by 'the claw'!!

QVC have had callers on who mostly sound like 'women of an age' who say..."Oh Glen, I really love all the advice you give". Well it is not advice, it is stock phrases over and over and over. Glen now speaks really fast as though he has got only 15 seconds to fit in as many of his inane sentences as possible, rather like the game shows of yore where they named what was on the conveyor belt. He repeated what many of the guests said over the weekend and I agree with what other FMs have said in that his own clothes are too contrived and it is an insult to the viewers to keep him on. I much prefer the lady that is on sometimes if we have to have someone.

Bet
Fab post Bet, do you mean the Irish girl? I forget her name, she probably avoided fashion weekend cos she does seem to have some fashion sense.

Ahh poor Glen - I am not keen either, but he does try and I have become quite fond of his word - statementy. I think QVC America do it better and seem more off the cuff than rehearsed. I think QVC UK need to lose their stiff upper lip and be more spontaneous with Glen type presentations, if you know what I mean.

Latest posts

Back