What is the point of Glen?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Northernlights

Registered Shopper
Uncomfortable viewing as he was crouched below the short dress of a model drooling over a pair of purple birkenstocks :mysmilie_34:

There is NO point to Glenn whatsoever!!! Like most fashion 'experts', he gets paid good money to state the obvious, and use the words 'on trend' in every sentence. He annoys the hell out of me!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

He's quite pointless. Aside from dressing people up like a dog's dinner of course. I genuinely feel quite insulted that QVC persist in trying to convey that man as a 'fashion expert' to me/you/the world.

There is NO point to Glenn whatsoever!!! Like most fashion 'experts', he gets paid good money to state the obvious, and use the words 'on trend' in every sentence. He annoys the hell out of me!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

He's there to sell, that's the point of him.

I've been to Colour Me Beautiful and got great advice from a really lovely bloke. He said things like "You could only wear that colour if you're staying in" and "If you wear that you will look like the deceased one on Randall and Hopkirk deceased". However Glen just wants to persuade us that every style and every colour will suit us all which is rubbish.

Glen is a "man of age" and therefore obsolete to the real fashion world.

He has entered the twilight zone of the QVC fashion dept, where his challenge is to convince his weak and stupid viewers that statically enhanced nylon or lace, clingy sequin embellished horrors, cheap coats and a half mast trouser worn with a birkenstock or an emu will make us fashion forward dressed up down or sideways day or night!!!

Pointless man..who looks silly most of the time!!

Oh and where was Michelle Hopeless and Dim and co during London fashion week :mysmilie_17:

He regularly mentions "city shorts" - what are they ?

Not keen on what he's wearing now, it's too on-trend and contrived for a man of age.

Last edited:
He regularly mentions "city shorts" - what are they ?

Not keen on what he's wearing now, it's too on-trend and contrived for a man of age.

I'll never forget one of the presenters slipping up and saying "shitty shorts"....perhaps that's what she really meant! I've also no idea what they officially are, I'm guessing that they mean tailored shorts that may be worn in a formal manner for work with a blouse and jacket, as opposed to the sort you'd wear down to the beach with a teeshirt!

Glen is totally superflous to our "fashion needs", QVC have obviously given him a job 'cause he needed one, and hope that people would remember his name from his days at This Morning on mainstream tv, and therefore give the elasticated tat they're trying to shift a bit of kudos!

Whats the point of Glen???
There is a point to him????????????????:mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17:

I really HATE the phrase 'on trend' when does it become not on trend to say it Grrrr. Its like those office/meeting cliches that really wind you up ie: close of play, think out of the box. They (along with Glen) should all be banned!

Don't think he has the best fashion style - and he does come up with some right phrases and will insist on using them - but I think hes OK.Would much prefer to listen to him than some other presenters.Hes just trying to a do a job - I don't find him offensive.

Not sure as "fashion expert" why he's not allowed to present some fashion hours (he used to?) rather than just keep chipping in?

Not sure as "fashion expert" why he's not allowed to present some fashion hours (he used to?) rather than just keep chipping in?

*nods* He has done in the past and those shows were awful! It's hard enough to understand his gabbling when he just appears for a minute or two at a time, let alone an entire hour. I wonder if, when he's not on air for QVC, he flies to Guatanamo Bay, where he's used to break the will of the prisoners.

I'm wondering how they're managing to sell this overpriced tat (with P&P of course!). I've bought items on his advice in the past and I'm not sure that I've kept any of it so far. I really should learn to read the reviews first! He waffles on about Centigrade coats but never mentions that they cut too tight around the sleeves, especially the left arm for some reason. I've not found any of them to be worth keeping hold of so far.

Personally, I'm still waiting to see some actual fashion.

*nods* He has done in the past and those shows were awful! It's hard enough to understand his gabbling when he just appears for a minute or two at a time, let alone an entire hour. I wonder if, when he's not on air for QVC, he flies to Guatanamo Bay, where he's used to break the will of the prisoners.

"Those orange jumpsuits are so on trend, you can dress them up with a nicely draping set of leg irons, we've got a Butler and Wison design coming up in the next hour"

Last edited:
He pops up out of nowhere like a little troll under a bridge......." who's that trit trotting over MY bridge?"..........can't you tell I've worked with kids for 30 odd years!!:mysmilie_61:

Blimey, has he saved the best 'til last? Just look at him now! Would you want to be seen in the supermarket with a man that looked like that? Glen, you keep saying "on trend" but do you understand what that means? Put your style where your mouth is. It might look good on lamb but not on a woolly mammoth! :D

[edit] Apparently summer will be in 5 to 7 working days!

Last edited:
There is no point to him, he comes across as completely fake to me.:mysmilie_11:

Now come on, lets be honest could we do any better at trying to push the tat which QVC call fashion?

Bet if he has say Dior etc he could perhaps sound more honest saying it was on trend.:mysmilie_17:

QVC and on trend are not words which one would spring to mind as the norm.
Old Glen is there to try and brainwash viewers into believing that yes QVC are trendy. :mysmilie_81:

What is that thing round his neck? was at a friend's baby's first birthday party the other weekend and a lot of the toddlers were sporting a very similar look, they are the latest dribble catchers. The toddlers looked super cute, can't say the same for Glen!

Latest posts

Back