Yankee Candle TSV 4/9/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I never saw the one with removable lid in clearance. It sold out when it was on air (I bought it). I regularly check Yankee Candles on Q and never saw anything like it in clearance or last clicks.

I never saw the one with removable lid in clearance. It sold out when it was on air (I bought it). I regularly check Yankee Candles on Q and never saw anything like it in clearance or last clicks.

Me either.... funny that :mysmilie_59:

The OWL Tsv ...

6a00e54eff2704883401b8d05f35d3970c.jpg

I looked on clearance every week specifically for it but never saw it. However Ian is much more knowledgeable of Q website than me so I assume I missed it, pity as I would have bought several.

Every Electric Tart warmer ive ever seen has sold out , except the ugly tea pot lol

What in gods name are YC thinking producing something like this and then Q buying department choosing it as a TSV. I recall the presenters saying that it was a big deal to decide on a TSV, it had to go before a panel and there was a rigorous selection process. Well if it takes a committee to decide on this owl and tonight's sponges then someone needs their P45 PDQ.

Rest assured at least half a dozen people will be on Q`s facebook page exclaiming it`s a gorgeous piece of kit and saying people who dislike it are just being bitchy .... well you may as well just call me bitchy cos it`s "orrible !"

I bought a YC owl tart burner last Christmas. It is lovely. Not electric. It has 5 owls sitting on a snow covered tree, think QVC had it briefly the year before for about £30. I got it from the Hallmark shop at Junction 32 for £9.99. Worth every penny and more. That is one shop with excellent prices on YC jars, tarts, samplers and all the assorted shades, burners etc. I would never pay even the TSV price any more. I have an electric burner, never used it. It is white and just too plain for me, it is still in it's box. Never got round to sending it back. This white electric owl burner just doesn't look that brilliant I'm afraid.

This is the one I have, copied off the QVC website,

http://www.qvcuk.com/Yankee-Candle-...rt-Burner-with-4-Wax-Tart.product.758126.html

I bought a YC owl tart burner last Christmas. It is lovely. Not electric. It has 5 owls sitting on a snow covered tree, think QVC had it briefly the year before for about £30. I got it from the Hallmark shop at Junction 32 for £9.99. Worth every penny and more. That is one shop with excellent prices on YC jars, tarts, samplers and all the assorted shades, burners etc. I would never pay even the TSV price any more. I have an electric burner, never used it. It is white and just too plain for me, it is still in it's box. Never got round to sending it back. This white electric owl burner just doesn't look that brilliant I'm afraid.

This is the one I have, copied off the QVC website,

http://www.qvcuk.com/Yankee-Candle-...rt-Burner-with-4-Wax-Tart.product.758126.html
Re your plain white one. Sell it on eBay. I am sure you will get a good price for it

The one saving grace about this one is it seems that there is a removable dish on the top, as someone in the States is selling one on EBay that looks the same, and the dish is pictured by the side of it. Perhaps this will look better in real life, perhaps not?!

Owls were high fashion 2 years ago, you couldn't move for jumpers with owl motifs, owl necklaces, owl earrings, owls on cushions, owls everywhere. Now they are not. Typical QVC, no doubt they will bang on about how on trend owls are, keep up.

I have an electric tart warmer bought years ago from QVC. It's white with just bands of raised design around the top and bottom, nothing really to conflict with any decor but I still prefer to put it out of site. I'd quite like one with a removable dish but probably won't be tempted because I only melt about a quarter of a tart at a time, for about 20 minutes as they all seem very strong to my nose.

Yankee Doodle have the white electric burner with the removable tray.

Owls were/are really popular with collectors though aren't they (like frogs which I can never understand) so perhaps they had that in mind. I thought it looked pretty ropey in the photo, and spooky with no top of head. Perhaps better in daylight, lol.

I know owls were very popular last year but they are still in a lot of shops this year as well. I was in Italy last week and they were all over the place. I like them in the right design but don't think too much of this. I think some things can be so poorly made you wouldn't even know what the character is supposed to be (jewellery ranges are very guilty of this)

Stag heads, dogs with glasses seem to be popular so will YC have these too?

Latest posts

Back