Yankee Candle TSV 4/9/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The owl reminds me of one I had when I was younger made by shelf pottery barn back in the eighties. It wasn't white it was creams, brown and greens, you put a tea light in a hole in its back to light him up.

I am running my jars down, not replacing them I will wait until an electric warmer comes out that's "normal" and will go with all decor and doesn't have any novelty aspect......I reckon I might be waiting a while

Actually I take that back.....my owl wasn't shelf pottery( remember those parties ladies? I had a few pieces) my owl was Hornsea Pottery

Last edited:
I dont think the postage is reasonable at all considering they charge the same postage for 3 large jars to be delivered. A plain electric tart warmer would sell , its what 90% of us want. I think with the Owl they should have made it either more cartoon like , or had it more traditional and life like.

My daughter has the Scentsy owl burner and really loves it. She is owl-mad! She often uses it as just a lamp. I think this one is nicer to be honest . I also think for once the p&p is reasonable given the weight of this.

I have a tart question! I bought a couple of warmers back in the summer. I put a tart in each and used a few times. However, I now want to change the tarts and I don't know what to do with the remaining wax! I can't seem to find my happy medium here. The large jars take too long, the small jars don't give enough of a throw, the tarts you have to commit to until they wear themselves out (I think?!) and I am not getting a huge throw from them either tbh. Think I just have to stick to the large jars and make sure I am around long enough to burn them properly.

Also, any advice for a large jar that has tunnelled? It's only happened once, to my Vanilla Lime (my fave, typical!) I have always used a shade, trimmed the wick and burnt for the 3 hours etc....I don't know what's happened, and now I don't know what to do with it!

I have a tart question! I bought a couple of warmers back in the summer. I put a tart in each and used a few times. However, I now want to change the tarts and I don't know what to do with the remaining wax! I can't seem to find my happy medium here. The large jars take too long, the small jars don't give enough of a throw, the tarts you have to commit to until they wear themselves out (I think?!) and I am not getting a huge throw from them either tbh. Think I just have to stick to the large jars and make sure I am around long enough to burn them properly.

Also, any advice for a large jar that has tunnelled? It's only happened once, to my Vanilla Lime (my fave, typical!) I have always used a shade, trimmed the wick and burnt for the 3 hours etc....I don't know what's happened, and now I don't know what to do with it!

You can take the tart out and put it in a draw/ cupboard and use them again, somtimes i break them up and mix them to create new fragrances.

As for tunnelling was that during the colder months , as sometimes if the jars are cold they tend to tunnel , put it in an airing cupboard or near a radiator for a few hours before lighting it.

How do I get it out? Short of taking a knife and trying to scrape it out, is there an easier way?!

You put the tart dish in the freezer for a few minutes to release the old wax, then replace with a new one. I tend to use half a tart a day, less if using Kringle candles, which are bigger and stronger smell..

Can't help with the tunneling but if no results I would remove the wax and put it in the tart burner a bit at a time, it is the same wax for candles as tarts. I often buy votives if on offer and cut them them up.

daydreamer

You put the tart dish in the freezer for a few minutes to release the old wax, then replace with a new one. I tend to use half a tart a day, less if using Kringle candles, which are bigger and stronger smell..

Can't help with the tunneling but if no results I would remove the wax and put it in the tart burner a bit at a time, it is the same wax for candles as tarts. I often buy votives if on offer and cut them them up.

daydreamer

Thanks! Have never heard of Kringle, but have just Googled them. Are they stronger smelling than YC in general?

Thanks! Have never heard of Kringle, but have just Googled them. Are they stronger smelling than YC in general?

I prefer Kringle candles, the smell seems to last longer and I don't use so much of them, I buy the daylights and cut them up into 6, the spice lines and gentlemens fragrances are my favorites.

I did buy the TSV though, that owl is beautiful, now have 4 electric tart burners..sigh*

also you can use a silicone cupcake mould ect in a tart warmer to just slip it out of

basically you put a silicone bit in where the tart/melt goes & when the tea light goes out it will just harden again & as its silicone it will just slid out

How do I get it out? Short of taking a knife and trying to scrape it out, is there an easier way?!

Ive never had to put it in the freezer , normally a tap on the kitchen work top ( gently dont break the dish lol ) and it comes out, Just make sure you give the dish a good clean every time and it should come out pretty easy.

If you turn it on and warm it very very slightly they just slip out. If it is not in a prominent place using a silicon cupcake thingy as the tart holder makes it very easy to turn out especially on those without a removable dish.

I'm sure I once heard that the man who owns Kringle, is the one who started Yankee.
He sold Yankee, started a new company, and the quality of Yankee went downhill after that.

also you can use a silicone cupcake mould ect in a tart warmer to just slip it out of

basically you put a silicone bit in where the tart/melt goes & when the tea light goes out it will just harden again & as its silicone it will just slid out

The silicone cases are fab but you can also use the normal paper ones.They don't last as long as the silicone ones but are good to use a couple of times or more.

I'm sure I once heard that the man who owns Kringle, is the one who started Yankee.
He sold Yankee, started a new company, and the quality of Yankee went downhill after that.

I've been reading up on them, and it is in fact Yankee founder's son. Dad is an advisor though apparently, and sold YC some time ago.

I am tempted to try some of the small pieces, daylights and breakable melts, just to see if they're stronger smelling.

I think I will try the paper muffin cases for now, as my silicone ones are huge and will look unsightly! Thanks for all the tips. I also noticed last night that despite the tealight being lit and burning well, the wax wasn't melting. Grr! It's either time to get an electric one or back to large jars I think. I was also tempted by the room sprays - so much easier, ha ha.

on FB tonight someone else has said they only started using theirs since yesterday & it blew up tonight & wax has gone everywhere including carpet & walls ect

so i thought id warn everyone on here too

Latest posts

Back