Liz Earle TSV - 04/02/12

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am swithering on this one!

I am not a regular LE user,happy enough to use it but not bothered if I don't have it,but my skin at the moment is dreadful.........tired and lined,dry and pasty looking( a stay in hospital,starting chemo and winter are NOT helping!)

Is the superskin moisturiser worthg a try?

Elemis PCMC not cutting the mustard at the moment and it's bad enough feeling crap without looking it also!:sad:

Many years ago I would stay up till midnight just to make sure I got the TSV, how times have changed honestly I have found better products now for my skin,I still use the Eyebright so just buy the bottle from John Lewis. I agree it would be nice to offer full sizes to customers who use her products.
Lynn.

Aw sweetpea - sorry you are having these issues. Been there with that combination and the superskin was still too much for my skin - the dry skin repair option was better. Mind you I have just discovered Jo Malone's vitamin E day cream with spf15 and her vitamin E gel and they are fantastic. They are very expensive but worth every penny and made a difference to my skin recently when it had gone all dry and pasty and horrible with bad weather and medication for cancer that wipes the hormones out. Even LE stuff didn't hit the mark. Anyway on a trip to London, I decided I was worth a treat and got the Jo Malone !!!

Thanks liz.........eeeeek that Jo Malone stuff is a bit pricey!!

My skin is usually a hardy beast,I don't react to stuff really but I just want to look human!

LE skin repair is just ok imo,it tends to leave a greasy film on top as I remember.......does the superskin do the same or does it sink in more?

It sank in on my skin but almost too much if you know what I mean so that it felt I hadn't put any on. My skin is very sensitive and my hands suffer badly with eczema so I do have to be very careful. Even L'occitane's shea butter hand cream is a no-no for me.

Why not give the TSV a try and then you can always send it back etc and the p&p becomes 'rent' money? If you didn't want all the items, you could put them on Fleabay and get a good price. Or send the whole kit back and order just the bits from LE you want - and you'll get a freebie from them and you can often ask for something specific (but not superskin!).

OMG- a TSV thats not a load of miniatures bunched together. Shame I don't like the Skin Tint and the Superskin is too rich for me!

OMG- a TSV thats not a load of miniatures bunched together. Shame I don't like the Skin Tint and the Superskin is too rich for me!

Have a look at the Liz Earle eb offer, which has the 100 mls C&P, 100mls IBST, 50 mls normal skin moisturizer and offer of a free Intensive Treatment Mask for £41, with no P&P . I have gone for that as I prefer Bobbi Brown tinted moisturizer and I do not like the smell of the superskin moisturizer at all, and having the Clarisonic I am not too bothered at all with the skin exfoliator

Sweetpea.sending you good wishes for the coming months and hope all goes well for you. I have recently started using Clarins super restorative cream [red jar] and it is so moisturising and not greasy.I find LE creams leave a residue and don't smell very nice. Clarins isn't cheap I know but so lovely to use when your skin needs extra help. Agree with other posts about Liz looking older this visit,she usually looks a good advert for her skincare.

Really tempted to try the haircare range. Been using Ojon for ages now and fancy a change. JF was raving over it, but you have to take anything she says with a whopping great pinch of salt :tongue:

I was almost brainwashed into buying the haircare until I went on the LE website and looked at the ingredients in the shampoo. I didn't like the sound of a lot of them:-

Aqua (water), Sodium lauroyl methyl isethionate, Aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice, Sorbitan sesquicaprylate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl betaine, Sodium methyl isethionate, Lauric acid, Vitellaria paradoxa (shea butter), Pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract, Citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) fruit extract, Tocopherol (vitamin E), Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Citronellyl methylcrotonate, Trisodium ethylenediamine disuccinate, Sodium chloride, Limonene, Sodium cocoyl glycinate, Parfum (fragrance), Guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, Xanthan gum, Linalool, Citric acid, Methyl hydrogenated rosinate, Acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, Phytantriol, Methylisothiazolinone, Biosaccharide Gum-1.

I am swithering on this one!

I am not a regular LE user,happy enough to use it but not bothered if I don't have it,but my skin at the moment is dreadful.........tired and lined,dry and pasty looking( a stay in hospital,starting chemo and winter are NOT helping!)

Is the superskin moisturiser worthg a try?

Elemis PCMC not cutting the mustard at the moment and it's bad enough feeling crap without looking it also!:sad:

Hi Sweetpea ~ I love the superskin and find it really suits my normal/dry skin. It sinks in nicely and although it's rich it doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy. I use it along with the superskin concentrate which I love and wouldn't be without. The superskin moisturiser doesn't have any smell (although strangely some people complain of a smell that puts them off!) and the concentrate has a gorgeous smell which helps me to sleep at night! If you feel in need of pampering I can't think of a nicer skin care regime (and I've tried them all!)
I hope you're soon on the road to recovery xx

Hi Sweetpea ~ I love the superskin and find it really suits my normal/dry skin. It sinks in nicely and although it's rich it doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy. I use it along with the superskin concentrate which I love and wouldn't be without. The superskin moisturiser doesn't have any smell (although strangely some people complain of a smell that puts them off!) and the concentrate has a gorgeous smell which helps me to sleep at night! If you feel in need of pampering I can't think of a nicer skin care regime (and I've tried them all!)
I hope you're soon on the road to recovery xx

This is almost a carbon copy of my routine, except that I have recently started using Ultrasun 30 during the day, I have used the Superskin since it was first invented and I love it, it sinks in brilliantly on me and has improved my dry skin a lot. I love the Superskin concentrate and I either mix the two together or use it over the top every evening. It smells gorgeous and is very comforting.

There is too much snobbery in skincare, if you ask me. I repeat buy the Superskin (from LE) because it works for me - but I somtimes feel, listening to that daft bat Allison Young, that if you are not paying £80 for example, for Elemis PCMC, you are not using sophisticated or serious skincare and are only beginners!! Grrr

You should see how upset the Liz Earle Facebook fanatics are getting on the QVC FB page with all the stick Liz Earle is getting re selling to Avon, products being made in China etc etc. It's hilarious. I think imo the Liz Earle Facebook fanatics are slightly worse than the Elemis gang. Get well soon sweetpea. X

Have a look at the Liz Earle eb offer, which has the 100 mls C&P, 100mls IBST, 50 mls normal skin moisturizer and offer of a free Intensive Treatment Mask for £41, with no P&P . I have gone for that as I prefer Bobbi Brown tinted moisturizer and I do not like the smell of the superskin moisturizer at all, and having the Clarisonic I am not too bothered at all with the skin exfoliator

We are of the same mind! I ordered V early today from the LE website as I felt that all things considered ( P&P) that was better value for me.I like the Superskin
Moisturiser for night but the Normal/ Sensitive for Day.I have enough IBST and the small sizes to decant!All this means that if you want more than 1 product check ot the LE website as I have also received 'good' freebies in add. to my order

Thanks for the good wishes folks.......means a lot xxxxxx

I have gone for it as,if the products do work i think it represents really good value.Fancy trying the skin tint as my usual B&B is a little drying at the moment

AY has just said she goes to bed with her wooly hat on! what sort of life is she living?

AY has just said she goes to bed with her wooly hat on! what sort of life is she living?

I heard her say earlier that she puts her clothes under the duvet so that they are warm when she puts them on.
We used to do that when we were children but Alison must have central heating, surely.

Makes you think.

I will not be spending my money on this TSV. I have learnt my lesson, if I want any of her products, I might just by the individual product, not end up paying nearly £50 (£48.95p)on things I don't really need.

Latest posts

Back