2012 is the year...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
That I find the perfect foundation. I've got half-full tubes and pots of powder, cream, mousse and mineral foundations, none of which work as I want.

I want one that goes on easily but doesn't streak on my nose. Doesn't sit in the pores on my (red) nose so it looks like a strawberry. Doesn't highlight the first signs of slackening on my cheeks - they are hardly visible without foundation.

My favourites so far have been Models Prefer in the grey tube and sponge applicator and Laura G's Balance and Brighten but over the last couple of months it's started to stand out on my skin and looks very powdery in some lights. Bare Escentuals is the one responsible for the strawberry effect even after I've spent hours trying to perfect my "dip, tap and swirl" technique.

So please let me have your suggestions for your favourite QVC foundation and I will take advantage of the 30 day MBG. Ideas re non-QVC brands also greatfully received.

Thanks

Linda xx

I know what you mean re foundation emphasising pores and sagging! I'm 50 and only just started needing a bit of coverage since I was late 40's. I panicked and tried every foundation out there. I had to ask for samples, why do they only sell them in huge sizes? After all that sampling I've only got two foundations that I really like. One is QVC, one isn't. Now I love Bourjois Healthy Mix gel serum foundation which sounds complicated but is a really nice luminous covering base that doesn't sink into pores and Liz Earle Skin Tint (bought direct from LE shop) which I know is a bit Marmite in that people seem to love or hate it. the trick is to use it sparingly or it can look too shiny. I also sometimes like Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua if I'm feeling a bit flush, but it's expensive and not great coverage but is glowey (if that's a word) but you need to have a good skin day to wear it which is a bit pointless for a foundation. I've got combination skin so I can only say that these work for me.

But the best thing ever for me is the Benefit 'the porefessional' pore refiner which is a primer but you can also apply over your base throughout the day if you want, it's brilliant. Now I'm very sceptical about skincare and make up these days but I do really rate these, although I realise not everything works for everybody, the thing is just to try and hope they're OK for you. Get samples where you can and I also found a lot of the expensive foundations were no better than the cheaper versions so you don't necessarily have to spend a fortune. Good luck!

ditto to all you said Eric's Mum...I had rosacea and am left with large pores around the red nose and foundation sinks into them and sits there for all to see - however, I did have a go with DD's Nanoblur, applied on top of the foundation, and I think that helped some..she got me a tube of my own! Just about my favourite foundation was Superdrug's own Gosh one, which of course they have now discontinued..that is, they still do foundation, just not the one I preferred..isn't it always the way!

this is one of my quests too, along with the perfect work bag! Am using laura G b and b at the moment as I succumbed to the recent TSV. It's ok and makes my skin look smoother and I am getting tempted by that new Max Factor serum\foundation thing as it has had really good reviews on Boots website. I have tired so many brands and forumlas (sp) but have yet to find "the one". I often end up with Boots No 7 tinted mosituriser as I am lucky in having quite good skin and ok colouring when not tired. It's just those days when I look in the mirror and think "is the world ready for this horror that I see before me" when I need more coverage.

Who says it has to be qvc?
The perfect foundation to me is not on qvc. Try Chanel vitalumiere- fab!

After many trials and errors I've found LG's balance and brighten in fair works a treat for me. I always use a primer under it ~ at the moment it's nanoblur but others do the job too. If you don't mind liquid foundation (not my preference) then I highly recommend Clarins http://www.makeupalley.com/product/..._-Teint_Lift_Eclat_Spf_15/Clarins/Foundations
I'm not a fan of liquid foundation but I do use this on special ocassions.

Sisley costs an arm and a leg but I buy from ebay France and get 3/4 cheaper. Doesn't feel heavy, stays turn all day.

Chanel have a new long wear one coming out next month.

Another fan of the Bourjois Healthy Mix gel foundation - good coverage without being too heavy and lasts quite well.

Thank you for this thread, Erics Mum. Maybe someone could help me too. I don't wear foundation because I don't like the greasy feeling I get. Is there a brand that does not feel "greasy"?

Thank you for this thread, Erics Mum. Maybe someone could help me too. I don't wear foundation because I don't like the greasy feeling I get. Is there a brand that does not feel "greasy"?

this will probably get me tarred and feathered but i can't stand it either. it's the reason i don't use moisturiser, body lotion, lip gloss or handcream. my hands get rough but i can't stand the feeling of being greased up. in winter, the residual film also makes my hands feel cold.

I like the idea of a foundation, but hate flatness of it. Might sound an odd thing, but that flat, matt canvas does nothing to encourage me to use it.
Going against the flow again here, but I just like moisturiser.
I know I should use a moisturiser with an SPF in it, but they feel too thick. I compromise in the summer by using a tinted moisturiser which means I'm only protected for half the year.

2012 IS THE YEAR..................

A)I stop buying things from sales.I will buy presents as and when I need them,rather than scouring "sale" websites and stockpiling things.

B) Find the perfect eye cream and actually use it.

C) Stop buying things on QVC :angel: when I want something I will actually go to the shops,find it and buy it.

D) stick to the above.

Thanks to you all for such useful replies. I must print this and keep in my handbag so I can get samples when I'm in Debenhams etc.

It doesn't "have" to be QVC but the 30 MBG is useful if I'm trying soemehing expensive that might not suit. Also, this forum is all about QVC so I was being diplomatic !

Linda xx

2012 IS THE YEAR..................

A)I stop buying things from sales.I will buy presents as and when I need them,rather than scouring "sale" websites and stockpiling things.

B) Find the perfect eye cream and actually use it.
C) Stop buying things on QVC :angel: when I want something I will actually go to the shops,find it and buy it.

D) stick to the above.

I love this and it doesn't break the bank RD. http://www.boots.com/en/LA-ROCHE-POSAY-HYDRAPHASE-Eyes-15ML_865582/

For years I have used a MOUSSE foundation - Flawless Finish by Elizabeth Arden. Its certainly not greasy, and gives coverage without that heavy feeling. I find its better than all the 'mineral foundations' as well. AND a can lasts me the best part of a year !!!!!

Like a lot of 'elderly' products, the only place I can get this now is John Lewis and big dept stores.

Apart from trying to find the perfect texture, the big problem I have with most ranges is that they just don't do a foundation that's pale enough.
I've wasted money on loads that make me look tangoed or just slightly jaundiced, not a good look.
Hot footed it to Chanel when everyone I knew was giving me rave reports of it. Was talked into buying the palest shade, even though I was a bit dubious when I saw it, it looked awful on me, just too dark & yellow.
Two liquid ones, a Revlon & a Lauder have both been discontinued in the very lightest shade....boohooo.

At present all that work are Mac Studiofix in NW15, BE in Fair & LG B&B in the new Porcelain, so the search continues as I'd like one less powdery for my parch dry skin.

Latest posts

Back