Ken Paves TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lol lol can just see someone's face opening the dishwasher and finding a dead rat in there, cos thats what it would look like! lol :thinking:

Taken delivery of my platinum ones today. Going straight back. I have several others from the Hot Hair range, and they blend so well with my own. But these ! well, the platinum on the tele is nothing like wot I 'ave got 'ere. More straw yellow colour, and looks like straw, so I have'nt even taken them out of the pack. I will stick with Hot Hair.

Taken delivery of my platinum ones today. Going straight back. I have several others from the Hot Hair range, and they blend so well with my own. But these ! well, the platinum on the tele is nothing like wot I 'ave got 'ere. More straw yellow colour, and looks like straw, so I have'nt even taken them out of the pack. I will stick with Hot Hair.

oh no! havent got mine yet, hoping they match ok, ordered dark brown and black to try and get a match, was wanting to wear them for my christmas parties as well so keeping my fingers crossed the darker ones are ok! :wonder:

I'm not going mad - someone did mention putting them in the dishwasher!

... Just bought a dishwasher too, so that's cleaning it sorted. ...

Mine arrived this morning and I am very pleased. It's a good colour match on me and glad the mini one is included, as the regular size is bigger than expected - looks quite dramatic.

Last edited:
I'm not going mad - the dishwasher was mentioned before!

Mine arrived this morning and I am very pleased. It's a good colour match on me and glad the mini one is included, as the regular size is bigger than expected - looks quite dramatic.

what colour did you get? I havent paid for mine yet so still 'in process' :sad:

Oh Hell!!! Have not got mine yet. Must admit I have been looking at IW & think I prefer his TBH. I have a prepaid label hanging around somewhere & it will go straight back if not happy & order from IW or Hot Hair.

mine are going back too...
ordered the fringe (looks hideous on me!), plus the TSV in 2 colours (medium brown and dark brown)...neither colour looks right, but to be honest the style of the TSV looks totally wrong on me anyway :-(

mine are going back too...
ordered the fringe (looks hideous on me!), plus the TSV in 2 colours (medium brown and dark brown)...neither colour looks right, but to be honest the style of the TSV looks totally wrong on me anyway :-(

What colour is medium brown, is it more red?

What colour is medium brown, is it more red?

Hi missmolly...

I packaged them all up very quickly (!), but from memory the fringe in the medium brown had tones of red/copper....didn't even bother trying on the medium brown TSV as I'd already tried the dark brown and the style just didn't suit me..

The medium brown has red tones in it but is definitely a brown piece(i know because i had to send something back before) - i ordered the light brown(i have other pieces in the range) which is a darker brown but with neutral brown tones(no red tones) and i'm very happy with my purchase.

Does anyone know if these are OK for shortish hair? I have a layered bob which I can just about scrape back to about an inch and a half ponytail. Would this be too short or can you just pin them on?

I have really thick hair in a shoulder length bob and I'm having to return mine because it just will not stay put - Keeps dropping out because there isn't enough pony tail for it to fasten to. I think if my hair was longer it would be fine, but I'm returning it.

Last edited:
I have really thick hair in a shoulder length bob and I'm having to return mine because it just will not stay put - Keeps dropping out because there isn't enough pony tail for it to fasten to. I think if my hair was longer it would be fine, but I'm returning it.

Hi Maria - i had the very same problem(although i have a lot of fine hair) my lovely hairdresser advised(and showed me how to) me to back comb my hair and apply product before putting my hair into a ponytail(it gives the hair more texture and volume which gives more "grip") then use a couple of "bobbypins" to secure. Now i accept that this would be fine for the occasional night out but do admit it is not something anyone wants to do on an everyday basis(especially if we dont want all out hair to fallout!!) Shame you have to send it back - Ken Paves makes a point of saying the style-a-do is something we can use everyday? Not the case i'm afraid eh!! Linda

well amazingly I was in Claire's Accessories tonight and they had the new chignon in what I think was in the dark brown (although it was only colour there so cant be sure), it was so nice, looked really professional. If it was the dark brown then it definately wouldnt match my hair as it just wasnt dark enough.

I have the dark brown and black on cheque hold, so may just buy the black and see. If the black ok then I will def be buying the chignon cos it was really nice.

Oh and according to the shop assistant they are trying these out to see if they sell, so Ken Paves may be hitting the high street very soon (not literally actually of course!)

Mine arrived today. I ordered the medium blonde, going off the colours they showed on the TV screen. However, I think I ought to have gone for the light blonde as I'm ash blonde and the medium blond has some reddish tinted blonde in it as well as light and dark blonde. I wish they had demonstrated the colours using the actual hair pieces rather than those photographs which they kept sprinting through. I remember wondering why the medium blonde looked lighter than the light blonde.

Having said that, because it has bits of lighter blonde in it I thought I'd do as they said, not dismiss it out of hand and have a go with it. At a pinch I could wear it BUT I'm having trouble with the twist concept of it. As I twist it around my pony tail three times, the false hair gets caught up and just ends up looking like a bird's nest. Any hints and tips please from you ladies who have similar hair accessories?

Having said that, because it has bits of lighter blonde in it I thought I'd do as they said, not dismiss it out of hand and have a go with it. At a pinch I could wear it BUT I'm having trouble with the twist concept of it. As I twist it around my pony tail three times, the false hair gets caught up and just ends up looking like a bird's nest. Any hints and tips please from you ladies who have similar hair accessories?

Definately buy some chopsticks or hair sticks, you put one or two of these through your own pony tail then put the hair piece on the chopsticks in a figure of eight, I use two and they hold the hair pieces in place brilliantly. I bought mine from Claires but I think you could paint a chopstick any colour and use it to be honest.

Last edited:
Right i am going to cancel my cheque hold, i am red/brown colour and do not have a clue the correct colour i needed to order, sorry qvc BUlah is not your averge redhead so get lost. Give us proper demos..........

Latest posts

Back