Leighton Denny TSV - 28/10/09

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

But what does F.A.R.T stand for? I know it is something to do with not buying and resisting

Hi Sim, F.A.R.Ts stands for forumites against reckless TSV spending. We are an elite group that helps forum members resist reckless spending. Ie. ME and a few others (usually me) will hop in every time a forum members wants to buy something that they don't really need or want. Hope that helps. You don't really want to buy the LD collection now do you?

I bought it LH, but in my defence, I only own one nail varnish and I'm getting a little tired of it. I had professional manicures then wore acrylics for donkey's years and have only just started doing my own nails so I needed a good starter kit. I will be saving huge amounts of money by not using nailbars any more........forgiven??

I bought it LH, but in my defence, I only own one nail varnish and I'm getting a little tired of it. I had professional manicures then wore acrylics for donkey's years and have only just started doing my own nails so I needed a good starter kit. I will be saving huge amounts of money by not using nailbars any more........forgiven??

Yep, enjoy. The spending is justified Artemis.:flower::flower:

I actually stayed up to see this TSV hoping I could get at lease 2 Christmas presents however I think it's a bit expensive when you add the postage. Those little bottles are useless (got a set before and they were too thick and gloopy) and the same boring assessories which I've got in a previous TSV, nice crystal file would have made all the difference.

I wish it had less in it and lower in price then I would have gone for it as I love all the colours of the big bottles.

just watching the repeat and Leighton is putting Ali in her place telling her to stop interrupting him...... love it!!!!
did not get the tsv but I love Leighton..he's a star!!!!!!!!!!

just watching the repeat and Leighton is putting Ali in her place telling her to stop interrupting him...... love it!!!!
did not get the tsv but I love Leighton..he's a star!!!!!!!!!!

I laughed my head off when he said that. My favourite bit was when he said to her let me talk about the products and you stick to telling them about the price.:giggle::giggle: He is my favourite guest by far.

I laughed my head off when he said that. My favourite bit was when he said to her let me talk about the products and you stick to telling them about the price.:giggle::giggle: He is my favourite guest by far.

yes I know he's hilarious,haha!! never seen Ali so quiet :clapping:
he is great!!

Same, was laughing my head off when he kept telling her to shut up..
Watched the repeats this morning just to see that again.

Didn't go for the tsv, not big fan of nudes so there is only really two new colours in there I would like. Did buy the vamp collection though as I have none of those colours..

Considereing the crystal nail files, are they worth it? or just hype

Have to say, although I love Leighton's polish, there doesn't really seem to have been much new or fresh in the kit. I know there are new items included but they are pretty much what we've seen before either similar to other LDs or very like some of those of other companies, OPI and Nails Inc in particular.

Starlight did you FART :?:

Yes I did F.A.R.T.!!!!

I went online to order it and saw that my card had run out. Went to get my new card from my bag, glanced at the TV screen, looked at that brown on Alison's nails and all your comments ran through my head...it's a horrible colour...you don't need more slick tips....etc..so I came to my senses and didn't order!! :clapping:

Thanks very much F.A.R.T.E.R.S, thanks to you I'm £32 richer!

I farted, TBH the colours are boring and I don't need any more hoof sticks, slick tips etc. The shows last night were definitely entertaining though - love Leighton.

I still think the TSV should have been smaller, maybe included a crystal file and then I would have jumped at it!

The colours in the TSV are boring, would have loved the Jailbird or Rebel or colours in the sex siren kit that is on just now, something a bit more exciting or suitable for the "christmas party season" but no safe colours again so I am not buying even though it comes with a bag :angel:

Why is it that all the TSV's I dont want come with a bag

i agree BB, rebel is a gorgeous colour so is no comment, that i haven't seen for ages. He keeps saying these neutrals are autumn winter colours, but i thought purple was the big colour this season. I liked the bag too!!

The crystal nail file is fab ... I've tried nails inc glass nail file and the crystal nail file is far superior IMO... I have had to get another because I dropped the last one, so be careful :)

The colours in the TSV are boring, would have loved the Jailbird or Rebel or colours in the sex siren kit that is on just now, something a bit more exciting or suitable for the "christmas party season" but no safe colours again so I am not buying even though it comes with a bag :angel:

Why is it that all the TSV's I dont want come with a bag

I think Leighton may have an impression of the typical QVC customer, or used to anyway. I remember in one of this first show talking about something and quote 'that wouldn't be for a QVC customer though...'. It went down a bit like a lead baloon so perhaps that explains the 'safe' colours.

I think the TSV is 'safe' because it's being marketed as the ideal Xmas pressie. As such, it needs to have as wide an appeal as possible, as I'm sure QVC hopes that people will multibuy and distribute this to their friends and family at Xmas. This will only work if the kit has very wearable shades. Let's face it, the vibrant, bold, strong colours are stunning, but are not for everybody. I don't have the hands to get away with them, sadly, so I always admire the brave shades and never buy them. I would be able to use most shades in the TSV though...

Well I went for it. In my defence the last 3 purchases I've made from QVC are:

1. Bare Escentuals the Purity AD (came last week - very very nice - AD doesn't really count);
2. 3 bottles of Tawaka shampoo (they're discontinuing it so completely justified);
3. Ojon TSV (and that was aaaaages ago - sort of).

In the past I would have bought the Liz Earle, Philosophy and L'occitane TSVs in that time.

Anyhoos, I have a very sensible job and cannot (a) have tatty nails or (b) dramatic exciting nails (ie anything livelier than a beige or soft pink - although I have pushed it to coral) so for me the colours work out well for work. Plus I've never had a LD TSV before so don't have all the excess bumpf at home. Oh and I have run out of nail envy and am on my last bottle of nails inc a&e so am hoping something in this will be similar.

Justified!!!

Latest posts

Back