Liz Earle EDP No15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

reflexgirl

Registered Shopper
Has anyone tried the liz earle no15 fragrance. A client of mine told me she was wearing a liz earle perfume about 6 weeks ago and it smelt nice but dont know which one it was. I'm not really a perfume person but would be interested to know what people think.

I know selling perfume on TV cant be easy, but when the camera's repeatedly show the model spraying herself with it and then sniffing her wrist - how does that help me "the customer" - its crazy!!

I like it,but can see it not appealing to those that like the more subtle type of scents,it reminds me a bit of Opium,but i would not wear that now,its completely different to her first perfume,i dont think it is very long lasting though,i think you will either love it or hate it,x

Avon make a lot of perfume ??? I can't help thinking they had something to do with it.
I got a sample with an order, and i thought it smelt old fashioned and strongish. But i
suppose it smells different on everyone :)

its nicer than opium. it is an oriental type fragrance though quite ambery/war/spicey

Good job we're all different because I love it and have had several people ask about it. Why don't you email Liz Earle Direct Reflexgirl and ask if they would kindly send you a free sample phial......I'm sure they would oblige and appreciate that perfume smells are a very personal thing.

i like both liz earle fragrances. one is a perfect day one just not unique but nice. this new one is an evening scent. nice amber

Good job we're all different because I love it and have had several people ask about it. Why don't you email Liz Earle Direct Reflexgirl and ask if they would kindly send you a free sample phial......I'm sure they would oblige and appreciate that perfume smells are a very personal thing.

Thanks Busylizzie, what a good idea, I hadn't thought of doing that. Thanks ladies for all your thoughts.

Jabba owns it and bought it to a lunch meet.

I tried it on myself, first up I got Dior Fahrenheit and I mean a dead ringer. After it settled down I got Marc Jacobs' Bang, pepper, pepper, pepper. I actually quite liked it, but I own a 100mls bottle of Bang(bought for a £10:wave:), so decided I did not need No15.

Thanks Busylizzie, what a good idea, I hadn't thought of doing that. Thanks ladies for all your thoughts.

I was sent a small sample from liz earle when I bought a cleanse and polish from their website, I quite like it but not enough to spend £45 on it

I knew I shouldn't have come onto the forum tonight. This thread encouraged me to look up the LE fragrances on QVC's website and I have just ordered Botanical Essence No 1. Well, it was on easy pay! I wonder if it will be a keeper????????

Last edited:
Avon make a lot of perfume ??? I can't help thinking they had something to do with it.
I got a sample with an order, and i thought it smelt old fashioned and strongish. But i
suppose it smells different on everyone :)

Yes Barb, you're probably right, especially seeing as Liz isn't in the company anymore & according to reports allegedly it wasn't an amicable parting of the waves between her & Avon. Liz Earle, alias Avon's doing an ever increasing line of make-up now too, hmmm....x.

I quite like No15 - much more than No 1. I spritzed some on in the department store near work today - they stock Liz Earle. The only shock is the teensy size of the bottle, despite being 50ml. Just shows that other brands bulk out the glass bottle quite a bit to create the illusion of 50ml being a lot. That said, the LE bottle is more portable.

I quite like smaller sized bottles. I would always opt for a smaller size as a first purchase.

I've tried it. I didn't love it but I didn't hate it either. I wasn't keen on the first one though so obviously this is to appeal to a different "nose". I couldn't put my finger on it but it smelt a bit like something else. Something classic. Maybe from the 80s.

Not for me but I like light florals so that's no shocker really.

I've smelt it before and do like it. It is a musky, slightly masculine scent more suitable for evening than day. In the last superskin tsv they sent a scratch and sniff perfume card which was able to give me a slight flavour of it, but I was in John Lewis the other day and had a spritz of both perfumes and really like both. The no. 15 makes me feel very sophisticated and elegant. I put it on my neck and wrists hoping that my boyfriend would be able to smell it on me. He didn't comment on it when I saw him an hour or so later so it may have worn off by then or I may not have had enough on as it was only a spritz in the shop! I do however think they are pricey for what you get.

I thought I'd love the first one when it came out because I love the scent of LE products, but for some reason I didn't like it when I sprayed some in a dept store. I am not tempted by the number 15 because it contains pepper and a perfume I tried before with pepper in made me feel flushed (I know, ridiculous!) , but that is just personal preference.

Same as you,Catherine,I'm a real Liz Earle fan,love all the products & was so looking forward to her first fragrance.

It was nice but nothing like the smell of her skin/body products,very like 'O De Lancome' imo

Now,the new fragrance no 15, I love! I wore it recently & both my dd's thought it was beautiful,even better the scent lasted for ages.

I will, more than likely,pay the price for the full size.

No 1 is more citrus no 15 is (to me) just like L'Occitane Ambre, which is an EDT but really lasts all day and 1 squirt is enough. A bigger bottle, cheaper and good staying power but very similar scent it's no contest. The L'Occitane Ambre is still in stock in my local L'Occitane store.

Yet again ladies I have to say very rarely can any shopping channel compete with www.cheapsmells.com. I bought lalique's fleur de Cristal this time last year 100ml EDP for £26! In Selfridges it's £95! They're only doing 45-50% off Lalique parfums this year but still incredible value. The fleur de Cristal is truly heavenly. If you like the LE face tonic spritz you would probably love this. It's heavenly, clean & light yet a few sprays lasts for ages. I always get asked what I'm wearing by men & women when I wear that or the Lalique Amethyst. They've got the 50ml EDP fleur de cristal for £28 at the mo'. That's would be my preference buy. They've also got some Agent provocateur for 60-70% off or they did when I last looked. I like what I call proper perfumes with real essences/natural essential oils. Cheapsmells don't charge postage either, the price you see is the total price x.

Latest posts

Back