Lulu Guinness TSV 13/12/12

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't particularly like the bag but I do like the silver colour. My biggest issue, if I really have one at all, with Lulu is the limited colours. I've never seen one of her bags in silver before. It works for me. Bring out more colours Lulu. I'd certainly buy more if she did. Other than black and pink I don't want or need multiple bags in the same colour. And I do like a metallic bag. A "hand" bag though not a cross body or shoulder bag. In case Lulu is reading.

qvc money back guarantee will be a good way to test it.. then a trot off to the lulu guinesss shop to compare. it did not get rave reviews on the jamie the reviewer said the leather was too thin and marked thats real nappa leather i suppose

Hi,

I don't like the TSV either. I don't like cross-body bags, and its too small for me.

What I will say tho, is that Lulu has obviously made an effort for the QVC customer.

Low price point
more colours
extra bag charm

cross body bags also seem popular on QVC.

Cheers,
Karen

I was looking forward to this TSV but now I have seen it, I'm quite disappointed. There is a review of a very similar one on the Q site which is not very favourable. I also dislike the nylon strap and agree it does look like cost cutting and agree with other posters about the the puffy lips - they are far too TOWIE sized too look classy IMHO. I do use a cross bodybag when the occasion (casual) calls for it but don't think I would want one at a Lulu kind of price.

I am heeding the advice of wise forumites and waiting for any sales before purchasing another Lulu! Thank you!

this bag is kipling meets lulu lol. i actually like the design and oddly the dangly bits. i dont do formal bags at all for day wear. more a lux casual person. simple plain clothes in black and the best i can afford at the time. the problem i have with the bag is that leather has a tendency to look worn out and mark easily. i used to love enny bags and trashed out many over the years. of course if i went for this i would love the black. i dont carry oodles of stuff around as physically i cant manage it anymore and this looks lux and casual at the same time.

Lol.... I thought the same as you Boffy about the Kipling meets Lulu... It is not something that I would buy, as personally I think if I ever bought a LG bag, then I would not want a Kipling style one, but a more typical LG bag - Franka..... this is one that I would get. That said, however, if you are a major LG fan, then this would probably be great to use for when you just wanted a more casual shopping trip bag that left you hands free

Thanks both :D

And I've managed to talk myself into waiting for the sale! I'm going to spend more money on my lovely hubby who recommended me for the job, and my fab mum and dad who spoil us every xmas and insist on nothing in return. That'll make me feel better than a bag....won't it?!! :confused: lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

What do you think of the new colour charcoal Jenny? Tempted, I am:sweat:

I think I'm going to wait for the sale. I wasn't tempted by the TSV because I just don't like cross body bags. I fancy a Jenny or maybe the Franka (which I will have to get from QVC), but I need a purse. So I will wait for the sale and get a purse.

Should I get loads of money for Xmas (unlikely) which would you guys recommend? A Jenny or a Franka? I have a Wanda currently which I bought last January and I love it.

I have a Jenny in black and a pink/raspberry Franka,love both of them,but feel the Jenny looks like more of a smart work bag whereas the Franka is more of a bag I would use out of work if you know what I mean, I am very tempted by the Red Franka, a lot of money I know but the Ez pay has tempted me,

Am looking forward to her sale but as Capirossi has already noted on here there is not a great deal she fancies on her website and I agree, but you never know!

Lol.... I thought the same as you Boffy about the Kipling meets Lulu... It is not something that I would buy, as personally I think if I ever bought a LG bag, then I would not want a Kipling style one, but a more typical LG bag - Franka..... this is one that I would get. That said, however, if you are a major LG fan, then this would probably be great to use for when you just wanted a more casual shopping trip bag that left you hands free

I say if you're a 'proper' LG fan you wouldn't touch this with a barge pole!! He he!

What do you think of the new colour charcoal Jenny? Tempted, I am:sweat:

Omg Omg - where??! Need to get laptop on pronto!!! I love greys. Oh dear.

I think I'm going to wait for the sale. I wasn't tempted by the TSV because I just don't like cross body bags. I fancy a Jenny or maybe the Franka (which I will have to get from QVC), but I need a purse. So I will wait for the sale and get a purse.

Should I get loads of money for Xmas (unlikely) which would you guys recommend? A Jenny or a Franka? I have a Wanda currently which I bought last January and I love it.

I have both and adore both!!! So i can't help I'm afraid :confused:

Oops. There appears to be a navy Jenny showing on my account.. :eek:

No hope for you Capirossi, and there's me listening to you and you saying "i think i'm on the turn" LOL

Lol. I love my Jenny's. I have the stone and black. Years and years ago I had a blue patent bag which I loved to bits. The navy Jenny is exactly the same colour. And I just adore the gold hardware on it. I had a good think and decided there probably wasn't going to be anything in the sale I want (keep your fingers crossed !!) so thought why not?! I deserve it :D

I have nothing to put on my xmas list from hubby so I may just recoup the cash for this instead ;)

looks ever so small to me, can't see anyone being able to get a tin of pop and their bread rolls for lunch in it. Doesn't look as if it would give at all, very stiff and flat, now a mobile phone, old fashioned cheque book and pen, yep, but nothing practical. Other than that tiddly umbrella they just showed - £28!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol. I love my Jenny's. I have the stone and black. Years and years ago I had a blue patent bag which I loved to bits. The navy Jenny is exactly the same colour. And I just adore the gold hardware on it. I had a good think and decided there probably wasn't going to be anything in the sale I want (keep your fingers crossed !!) so thought why not?! I deserve it :D

I have nothing to put on my xmas list from hubby so I may just recoup the cash for this instead ;)

I don't think there will be a Jenny in the sale, they are too popular. It's usually the seasonal prints that are in the sale. I certainly don't remember a Jenny being in last year.

You're right. I've never seen a Jenny in the sale! Oh I tell a lie....the extra large purple Jenny was in the sale a couple of years ago because I bought it!! Absolutely amazing bag, but I really wish it wasn't purple. Everyone adores it when I use it, apart from me, lol.

I have never seen a large Jenny though. I got all I wanted from the summer sale, so I'm thinking there's not going to be anything older than what was in that sale. Am not loving the current range, nowhere near as I love the Jenny!

I have really gone off the lips. However, you can't really tell these are lips, I have to point it out to most! I have a big thing for patent and also quilting (a la Chanel!), so - bingo!!

Has anyone bought anything today? And where are Princess Pickle and Tashasaw?!! :confused:

****** awful ,doesn't even compare to the very similarly shaped Mulberry messenger, which is absolutely TOP CLASS

I agree. But they're not comparable ranges really though are they? LG is far lower end than Mulberry! What's the name of the cross-body bag? I have two from Next, years ago, one black one brown, and loads of people have asked if they're Mulberry! I've never looked it up, I should!

looks ever so small to me, can't see anyone being able to get a tin of pop and their bread rolls for lunch in it. Doesn't look as if it would give at all, very stiff and flat, now a mobile phone, old fashioned cheque book and pen, yep, but nothing practical. Other than that tiddly umbrella they just showed - £28!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't agree more, it is so disappointing, wonder how many they sold,surely not that many, despite the price, I think it would look odd with more than a phone and purse in it,it could have been so much better, it must be bad as we are only up to 10 pages on here !,have resisted so far, still fancy a Franka though:sweat:

The TSV bag looks ****** awful, like PVC. LG makes me cringe on her ad "& most of all you get meeee" yeh rite, no ta.

Latest posts

Back