Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

When the model came in wearing the black tapered leg trousers, Pete assured us when we went to 'the restaurant' we would be the lady of the night!! And they are also inspired by Coco Chanel.....that noise you hear is Coco turning in her grave

He said that medium was size 14-16, but if you are an 18 you should try medium...

It was really funny Muttley but goodness me it was tragic. Drum Rolls, Background Music, Rapping, 'Coco Chanel' comparisons, it was all there.

Gotta give the old goat his due, he's throwing everything at it. I guess he probably knows this is his final 'big' gig although I think we all said that about him at Bid.

But really, it's getting to the point now they may as well start shouting 'roll up, roll up'. It's past the point of Del Boy in Peckham Market with a Suitcase :mysmilie_59:

De Knees is buying lots of Kitchen Kit on £20 day. Good for her.

She must be saving all those clothes she's been buying for another day :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

Joes selling his pans and rolling out every sentance as he does ending in a high tone and with a question mark.

Anyway...............these pans are non stick and are that amazing that Joe didnt finish one of the demo's as the non stick pans had something stuck on them that he was scrubbing away at...................never mind that though lets zoom into Den drooling over the grub and patronising all the viewers by saying come on the items only cost this amount or that amount, yip who bothers with the old bank balance eh Den?

De Knees selling cheap hampers with plastic cutlery. She compared them to stores that sell hampers for £200 and said "I'm not paying that". I know Fortnum and Mason sell hampers for that kind of price depending on what luxury goods are within. (I know this cos I live in London and occasionally pop in to use the toilets!) They do not charge £200 on a hamper with plastic cutlery only!

She is obviously saving them for 'best' cos otherwise you are suggesting that she had not actually bought the clothes. The very idea...

Ah, that's it's then Muttley. Keeping 'em for bezzy. And so must Baby Jane be too. I think De Knees could benefit from the Kaftans.

I wish Roly Poly Remblance could think of something else to do but the superfluous 'Cheese Single' Non Stick Test. It feels like he's been doing that as long as he's been pretending to be a 'Chef'.

Oh, what a dope. Of course he's been doing it as long as he's been pretending to be a 'Chef'. Silly me :doh:

He's unbearable, for sure. He's the star of the 'show' though. This is excruciating.

More updates on the Super World Record Nobel Prize Winning Trousers : -

They're 'like' Crushed Silk (95% Polyester)
They're 'like' a Viscose (95% Polyester)
They've got Waftability
For curvy, voluptuous women they're deserving of those curves
They make you look all woman
It's colours of softs and delights, it's engaging
This is Italian (no it isn't, if it was my word we'd have known about it)
It's fluid
This is collectibly a design of fabric
They elongate the leg (which one?)

He's rapping the phone number and they're now playing drum rolls to build up anticipation. Anticipation? They're a iittle bit 'available' for any anticipation aren't they? :mysmilie_59:

Especially handy when stuck in a full lift!

Especially handy when stuck in a full lift!

I have heard just about every single possible description known to man by the goons for these incredible Trousers. I have heard them compared to Couture Fashion House Trousers, I have heard them compared to all manner of materials, heard what they can be worn with, heard where they can be worn, heard how they make you feel, heard they make you look slimmer, heard they make your legs look longer. I've even heard the separate colours compared to other colours, being one colour is clearly not enough for a goon.

But I haven't once heard a goon say they're made from 95% Polyester. Not once.

I know a goon will never, ever refer to delivery times. I know a goon will never, ever refer to the actual cost of postage and I know a goon will never, ever refer to call costs. Let's add to that list that a goon will never, ever bother providing the most basic product details if it doesn't suit them to but will mention just about anything else. Anything else!

Hilarious :mysmilie_59:

Ah, that's it's then Muttley. Keeping 'em for bezzy. And so must Baby Jane be too. I think De Knees could benefit from the Kaftans.

I wish Roly Poly Remblance could think of something else to do but the superfluous 'Cheese Single' Non Stick Test. It feels like he's been doing that as long as he's been pretending to be a 'Chef'.

Oh, what a dope. Of course he's been doing it as long as he's been pretending to be a 'Chef'. Silly me :doh:

I can cook microwave chips but does not make me a Chef! If they can call themselves a chef then so can I!

When the model came in wearing the black tapered leg trousers, Pete assured us when we went to 'the restaurant' we would be the lady of the night!! And they are also inspired by Coco Chanel.....that noise you hear is Coco turning in her grave

Where I come from "lady of the night" has a rather, shall we say, negative connotation. It must mean something different in La La Land where Pete clearly lives. And love the Chanel reference! They really think we are stupid...

I can cook microwave chips but does not make me a Chef! If they can call themselves a chef then so can I!

He's an Actor. And, don't laugh, a Model.

I suppose pretending to be a 'Chef' by melting Kraft Singles, heating up Morrisons Chicken Nuggets, turning the handle on a Vegetable Chopper and pronouncing the last word of every sentence in a weird, high pitched manner like someone on 'Home & Away' is kind of acting isn't it?.

Don't say 'Macbeth' around him though, he'll throw a hissy :mysmilie_59:

He's an Actor. And, don't laugh, a Model.

I suppose pretending to be a 'Chef' by melting Kraft Singles, heating up Morrisons Chicken Nuggets, turning the handle on a Vegetable Chopper and pronouncing the last word of every sentence in a weird, high pitched manner like someone on 'Home & Away' is kind of acting isn't it?.

Don't say 'Macbeth' around him though, he'll throw a hissy :mysmilie_59:

A model? Is he really... And I will say "The Scottish Play" if I am in his company, don't want to upset the supersticious Actor!

A model? Is he really... And I will say "The Scottish Play" if I am in his company, don't want to upset the supersticious Actor!

He'd appreciate that, I'm sure Muttley.

In fairness to Roly Poly he always looks uncomfortable when goons such as Sally and Dirty Peter go overboard on his 'Cheffy' credentials during their introductions.

Nevertheless he doesn't correct them though so he's a BS'er too but let's face it, they all are to varying degrees.

http://www.starnow.co.uk/josephremblance/

I have heard just about every single possible description known to man by the goons for these incredible Trousers. I have heard them compared to Couture Fashion House Trousers, I have heard them compared to all manner of materials, heard what they can be worn with, heard where they can be worn, heard how they make you feel, heard they make you look slimmer, heard they make your legs look longer. I've even heard the separate colours compared to other colours, being one colour is clearly not enough for a goon.

But I haven't once heard a goon say they're made from 95% Polyester. Not once.

I know a goon will never, ever refer to delivery times. I know a goon will never, ever refer to the actual cost of postage and I know a goon will never, ever refer to call costs. Let's add to that list that a goon will never, ever bother providing the most basic product details if it doesn't suit them to but will mention just about anything else. Anything else!

Hilarious :mysmilie_59:

I must correct a mistake I made in this post, just to be open and transparent.

It is simply not true that the goons 'never, ever' mention the actual cost of postage. Of course they do mention the actual cost of postage when it's 'free' or when it's a special, reduced price.

I apologise for this error :mysmilie_59:

Well today's the day I noticed my first Bid-style tactic on IW. It's £20 day and newbie Fayon is waving a geniune £20 note at the camera and telling us that for just £20 we can get not just one but two oversized T -shirts with the usual "where can you even buy one garment of this quality for £20?" Obviously it's £25 you'll be paying 'cause of the p&p and secondly all the garments I saw were baggy and shapeless. Fayon herself looked as though she'd just thrown on one of her husbands T-shirts( like you do when the doorbell rings and you're not decent so you grab the first thing that comes to hand to protect your modesty!).
Back in the Eighties oversized T-shirts were big news, they were often bright and bold and worn with a belt draped around so they didn't look shapeless - but pretty much after that era they were relegated to the cupboard under the sink to be cut up for dusters, given to your kids as painting overalls, used as nightwear. No Fayon - they are NOT smart easy pieces, or effortlessly casual - You're right in saying they're easy to put on ie, just pop 'em over your head not fussy buttons or fastenings (Thanks for that, I never would have known!) They're a fecking mess - and for what they are - hideously overpriced! I'm guessing here that they're making you buy 2 for £20 is because they know nobody in their right mind would pay £10 or shall we say £15 all in for one! Whilst you're there - A baggy old plain T-shirt is NOT a £20 garment, not anywhere!

Well today's the day I noticed my first Bid-style tactic on IW. It's £20 day and newbie Fayon is waving a geniune £20 note at the camera and telling us that for just £20 we can get not just one but two oversized T -shirts with the usual "where can you even buy one garment of this quality for £20?" Obviously it's £25 you'll be paying 'cause of the p&p and secondly all the garments I saw were baggy and shapeless. Fayon herself looked as though she'd just thrown on one of her husbands T-shirts( like you do when the doorbell rings and you're not decent so you grab the first thing that comes to hand to protect your modesty!).
Back in the Eighties oversized T-shirts were big news, they were often bright and bold and worn with a belt draped around so they didn't look shapeless - but pretty much after that era they were relegated to the cupboard under the sink to be cut up for dusters, given to your kids as painting overalls, used as nightwear. No Fayon - they are NOT smart easy pieces, or effortlessly casual - You're right in saying they're easy to put on ie, just pop 'em over your head not fussy buttons or fastenings (Thanks for that, I never would have known!) They're a fecking mess - and for what they are - hideously overpriced! I'm guessing here that they're making you buy 2 for £20 is because they know nobody in their right mind would pay £10 or shall we say £15 all in for one! Whilst you're there - A baggy old plain T-shirt is NOT a £20 garment, not anywhere!

I caught Fayon the other day, she seemed fine. Now it seems she's embracing the 'Ideal World' way which I guess was as inevitable as it was required of her. Seems to me there are some simple goon rules regarding their clothing sales : -

If the item is predominantly Polyester (which most seem to be) don't mention this, ever
But if the item contains any Viscose whatsoever DO mention this, endlessly

Another handy trick is to offer one of an item at just slightly less in cost than two, of course they'll say it's better value to get two. Whether two pairs of Polyester Strides for £30 delivered is good value is subjective, that's your call. But I have to say that the spectacle we had last night of Peter Simon selling the trousers was something else.

It was frantic, feverish, unrestrained hysteria.

Bizarre :mysmilie_59:

He'd appreciate that, I'm sure Muttley.

In fairness to Roly Poly he always looks uncomfortable when goons such as Sally and Dirty Peter go overboard on his 'Cheffy' credentials during their introductions.

Nevertheless he doesn't correct them though so he's a BS'er too but let's face it, they all are to varying degrees.

http://www.starnow.co.uk/josephremblance/

I would love it if he said "actually, I'm not that good", that would make me laugh!

I would love it if he said "actually, I'm not that good", that would make me laugh!

John Lewis are 'Never Knowingly Undersold'. And Ideal World's 'experts' are Never Knowingly Undersold.

They always oversell themselves :mysmilie_59:

Dirty Pete said yesterday of a shabby top, I was in a well known department store recently and saw a top like this, I'm not comparing the two (well he was actually) and they wanted thirty pounds for it! If it was M&S I bought 3 stretchy material tunics the other week, really good quality, and they were £16 each. I'll stick to M&S... and I remember the 80s fashion fof belts round baggy t-shirts, I thought I looked great! Luckily no photographic evidence exists to prove me wrong...

Latest posts

Back