Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

NS has done a better job of explaining what will happen than BJ, imo.

LATI, I don't think that we get enough coverage on what Arlene and Michelle are saying and doing. My perception is that the rules in NI are more aligned with the Republic. But you must have the same concerns about different rules either side of the border.

Nobody has been in this situation, and leaving it for individuals to work out for themselves seems a recipe for disaster, again just my opinion.

View attachment 19124 Yeah, I'm getting there.

What I won't be doing is washing my own hair, driving 45 miles to Edinburgh (in which time my hair will have dried), then my hair has to be dampened down because it will be like 10 thousand coiled springs (so what was the point of washing it at home?) my hairdresser cuts it, I pay £75 or whatever the new price will be and then have to go home and dry my hair myself? Er no. I'll just save the money thanks and cut my own fringe and become mad hippie lady with the long, mad hair.

CC
Hey when did you take my picture? Hiding in the bushes rustling the camera again to make fun of my hair?

NS has done a better job of explaining what will happen than BJ, imo.

LATI, I don't think that we get enough coverage on what Arlene and Michelle are saying and doing. My perception is that the rules in NI are more aligned with the Republic. But you must have the same concerns about different rules either side of the border.

Nobody has been in this situation, and leaving it for individuals to work out for themselves seems a recipe for disaster, again just my opinion.

Arlene is always on the UK mainland side Michelle, of course, will be the Republic. They can barely contain their dislike for each other. There was a situation last week Michelle went to a Republican funeral breaking the rules on the number of people attending a funeral. So like cummings one rule to do what I say and then I do what I want well because he was important. So a whole row broke out and no briefing that day. Michelle refused to say sorry but then changed and did the following day. The was the oh sh*t here we go, Stormont will fall again. It's like two schoolgirls who really do not like each other have their own wee cliques but are made to sit beside each other.

Well I see Ruthie got special treatment at her hairdresser at 7am this morning. Now we know who is responsible for the helmet hairstyle.
I didn’t think it looked as much like a helmet when she posted it on Twitter. It
looked fairly long and had quite a bit of movement and to me it almost looked like it still needed cuttting. Maybe it’s the people who do it for This Morning and QVC who make it look so solid.

A work colleague is getting hers done this afternoon and has been her sole topic of conversation for a week and was so bad today I was very near taking the scissors to it myself to shut her up.

She is OCDish at the best of times so how she is going to cope in this situation I have no idea.

Anyone gone for their hair appointment and how did it go?

i have gone from Ed China through Golden Girls and out of Duchess of Cornwall. I am due to go on Thursday and Sod’s law it has been looking the best in months yesterday and today!

Hello all. I have come for a big fat moan as I am feeling very sorry for myself. After two weeks on trauma ward with my ankle I was released to a rehab unit yesterday. It is like a geriatric ward with added dementia. I am so depressed. I cannot do anything until assessed and that won't be before Monday but includes stuff I had been doing. So I have just gone backwards. I keep bursting into tears and the staFF think I'm mad! Hey ho.

Anyone gone for their hair appointment and how did it go?

i have gone from Ed China through Golden Girls and out of Duchess of Cornwall. I am due to go on Thursday and Sod’s law it has been looking the best in months yesterday and today!
I went on Monday and my hairdresser laughed. I have been likened to Ken Dodd during lockdown because my hair defied gravity and grew outwards and upwards. Anyway the hairdresser scalped me because she said it needed knocking into style again but next time it will only need trimming back into shape. I have short thick hair which grows very quickly and I dread another lockdown.
There are 2 ladies who work in my salon and I offered to man the phone for them but seeing as they have to limit the number of people in their very small shop they decided each of them would work a day then man the phone the day after therefore only having each of their clients every alternate day. I noticed the sofas had gone so nowhere for people to sit or wait and they both wore face shields and disposable aprons cleaned everything before and after use.

Hello all. I have come for a big fat moan as I am feeling very sorry for myself. After two weeks on trauma ward with my ankle I was released to a rehab unit yesterday. It is like a geriatric ward with added dementia. I am so depressed. I cannot do anything until assessed and that won't be before Monday but includes stuff I had been doing. So I have just gone backwards. I keep bursting into tears and the staFF think I'm mad! Hey ho.
Oh Mazza I am so sorry things have taken a nasty turn for you. Come on here any time you need a rant and we will all join in.

The few leave in mask/conditioner that I have tried in the past have been a bliddy faff to use and didn’t make any difference.
In desperation I purchased the Percy &Reed overnight recovery in a tube, from Marks (just because they were the only place I could get to) and I’ve got to say I am very impressed. It’s dead easy to use, once a week I comb it through about half an hour before bed, it leaves no mess on the pillows, there is no wrapping in towels etc and then next day just use my normal shampoo and conditioner. If anything it is even better after the next normal in between wash and there is no residue.

i can’t make any comment on their other products but if I see a good offer I think I will give them a go.
I’m hoping that when all the out of condition hair gets the chop that this will make a big difference as my hair is quite coarse.

Oh my life, you poor love. You're not feeling sorry for yourself, you're feeling miserable, massive difference & totally understandable. Do you have to be there? What are the assessments for?

Oh my life, you poor love. You're not feeling sorry for yourself, you're feeling miserable, massive difference & totally understandable. Do you have to be there? What are the assessments for?
Yes I have to do rehab after breaking my ankle. Had surgery but cant walk yet . Had to go weight free for 2 weeks just completed. Now due to use boot and get used to crutches. Can't manage home alone with upstairs loo. Trouble is no physio staff to assess my current level and set schedule until Monday so until then I am confined to the bed or the chair. No wandering with the frame like I was free to do on trauma ward. Also fellow residents seriously geriatric and my neighbour talks non stop every waking moment.. Sometimes to an imaginary friend sometimes snide comments.But there is no conversation on the ward at all. It is deathly. I kept bursting into tears all morning.

Thanks for everyone's support. 💖

Yes I have to do rehab after breaking my ankle. Had surgery but cant walk yet . Had to go weight free for 2 weeks just completed. Now due to use boot and get used to crutches. Can't manage home alone with upstairs loo. Trouble is no physio staff to assess my current level and set schedule until Monday so until then I am confined to the bed or the chair. No wandering with the frame like I was free to do on trauma ward. Also fellow residents seriously geriatric and my neighbour talks non stop every waking moment.. Sometimes to an imaginary friend sometimes snide comments.But there is no conversation on the ward at all. It is deathly. I kept bursting into tears all morning.

Hope things improve soon. Big hugs x

I haven't been around for a few weeks & had no idea you'd had such a dreadful time, I'm not surprised you're in tears. It's easy for me to say but could you ask to be moved to a more pleasant ward? That environment is not going to aid your recovery.

Latest posts

Back