Tough Times AT QVC Towers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The ml size of many beauty products is not included in descriptions (esp. kits) -which I find very annoying.
Also some of the gold jewellery no longer has the gram weight in the description - I'm sure it always used to be shown...
QVC should be doing more- not less to win custom.

I noticed the gold jewellery descriptions increasingly no longer have the gram weights. i always found that very helpful when weighing up the value of items as opposed to the "QVC value" being peddled by the presenters. Which reminds me how amazed I am to find that most of the presenters took a walk along the high street just before the show or while visiting family and found many similar items at twice the price. So if you see someone aimlessly wandering up and down a high street near you look twice because it could be a face you know really well off the telly.

I haven't bought anything in ages from QVC..... I remember to have bought the SB and Clientele TSV's and a LL set, oh yet and a Honora TSV (not the last one)
All I usually buy from them (YC, Decleor, Philosophy...) I can find cheaper elsewhere on the net.
Except for a SB TSV and Clientele products, but we have OBE's shop for SB and Clientele has a UK website now as well.
I am fed up with the slow delivery and high PP charges.... really offputting:mad:
I barely watch anymore either, all these ml per ml value talk in the beauty hours are making my blood boil

They need to review their p+p charges, I really begrudge paying such high p+p per item, and then also having to pay for returns, when everywhere else i buy from online gives me free p+p, free returns, with a much faster service. I dislike the ml for ml value patter when all they are selling is a collection of sample sizes. If elemis could afford to give away 15ml PCMC on a magazine thats costs 2.75 odd then something isn't quite right with the retail price. The thing that really annoys me is when i read they "scold" buyers for having a high returns rate when they go about about their no quibble 30 day money back guarantee.

They need to review their p+p charges, I really begrudge paying such high p+p per item, and then also having to pay for returns, when everywhere else i buy from online gives me free p+p, free returns, with a much faster service. I dislike the ml for ml value patter when all they are selling is a collection of sample sizes. If elemis could afford to give away 15ml PCMC on a magazine thats costs 2.75 odd then something isn't quite right with the retail price. The thing that really annoys me is when i read they "scold" buyers for having a high returns rate when they go about about their no quibble 30 day money back guarantee.

I agree and think it is ridiculous for any channel or site to add the p and p on as an extra when you cannot choose your own method of delivery or pick the item up. P and P should be part and parcel (!) of the price of the item.

Does anyone live near enough to the warehouse to be able to test them on this - ie ring up and order but say deduct the post - I'll pick up and don't bother with a box I'll bring my own!

I agree and think it is ridiculous for any channel or site to add the p and p on as an extra when you cannot choose your own method of delivery or pick the item up. P and P should be part and parcel (!) of the price of the item.

Does anyone live near enough to the warehouse to be able to test them on this - ie ring up and order but say deduct the post - I'll pick up and don't bother with a box I'll bring my own!

Good idea, I think they would say they don't have the facilities for customers to collect from their warehouse, (I've heard that from an ebay seller who was charging extortionate p+p).

Is it just me or every time you tune in presenters are saying "we can't re-order this" or "this won't be back in stock at this price". Every second item in the gold hour with Simon this morning seemed to have these comments.

What happened to their so called buying power!!!!:rolleyes:

The thing that really gets to me is them saying " we have no overheads iike the shops etc, and we have the buying power" Have they forgotten about the cost of the channel to them, the lighting guys, camera operators, call centre staff, presenters pays....etc etc....They have so many staff and guests to pay.

QVC is expensive on most things, i buy only things i really do have to think about, and really want.

Welcome back puppyduck! You've been missed hon.
I agree with pd that the sales patter has no effect on me now, and I only buy the stuff that I would be buying anyway with or without qvc. I think we've all become more savvy about online shopping and have found that we can get stuff cheaper elsewhere and often pay no p&p at all.
I think qvc are going to have to increase the amount of easy-pay offers, particularly the beauty ones as such things are regarded as luxury items and who can afford much in the way of luxury right now? Also, free p&p items would be very welcome at this time.

I agree iclaudipuss. Have had a review of items I have bought from QVC this year and it consists mainly of LE products which I usually order direct from the LE site however QVC had beaten her on value even with the p&p.

I certainly don't buy my Elemis from them anymore as the TSV's have too many items in them that I don't use and I've found a good Ebayer to get them from. Plus, as someone else pointed out above it miffed me greatly that Instyle Mag could give away 15mls worth of PCMC (and when you think of it like this Keely and AY offering one of these up as a bonus with just about everything else that they sell in the brand is not awe inspiring!).

I don't buy Yankee Candles from QVC anymore, not when I can buy like for like from Yankee Doodle and pay a fraction of the shipping.

You make an interesting point, piper4. I think that qvc need to realise that for all their oft lauded buying power, many of their prices don't represent such great value compared to other suppliers, particularly online ones.
I also get a tad weary of their constant blathering about ml for ml value. Presenters are forever holding up a minute tube of moisturiser and saying "this is worth £38"; and after I've rushed off to find my binoculars so that I can actually see the thumb nail sized article in question, I'm left speechless that anyone would actually part with that amount of cash for something that is sample sized. They are also fond of saying things along the line of: "If you were to purchase this in the full size it would cost you £90, but we're offering it to you in this fantastic 0.5 ml size for the incredible price of £85.92" Are they 'avin' a laugh?
I'm catching up on past posts and this one made me hoot - if I read everything I've missed I could be cured of my QVCitis!

What annoys me the most about QVC is having to pay P+P per item. The majority of online and mail order companies have a one P+P per order so why can't QVC. I've left loads of little bargains that I would have quite happily added to an exsisting order but when it triples the cost of the P+P it really isn't a bargain after all.

I don't use easy pay If I can't pay for an item up front then it means I can't afford it. I think it is just a way of getting people to buy those really expensive and quite often overpriced items such as skin care. Free P&P would be a much better incentive to buy.

Free P&P or combined shipping would definitely encourage me to buy, it's about a year since I bought anything from them! I look then price it up elsewhere, then, if I really, really want it, I buy it elsewhere as it is usually cheaper. I remember when Debbie Flint used to give us the retail gram value of gold then compare the costs with theirs, I guess they can't give that value now as it would probably frighten us!!!!

What annoys me the most about QVC is having to pay P+P per item. The majority of online and mail order companies have a one P+P per order so why can't QVC. I've left loads of little bargains that I would have quite happily added to an exsisting order but when it triples the cost of the P+P it really isn't a bargain after all.

I completely agree with you there, QVC are diffently in the "dark ages" when it comes to P+P, perhaps if there was a sliding scale of rates people would buy more at the one time, I can see the sense in a separate rate if you are buying something particularly heavy but other than that I've been put off too by the charges.

Latest posts

Back