Why is the ybf presenter always wearing hair rollers?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

holmca

Registered Shopper
I don't ever watch the ybf live presentations, but a couple of times I have seen these products on the Night Time repeats. Whenever I do see it the ybf presenter is wearing hair rollers in her hair and I was wondering why? I thought the range was just make up?

She does the whole before and after thing. Woman starts with her rollers in and no makeup. It was fun in the early days, when the brand was called Models Prefer. Now its really pointless and no one wears rollers, well no one I know.

She does the whole before and after thing. Woman starts with her rollers in and no makeup. It was fun in the early days, when the brand was called Models Prefer. Now its really pointless and no one wears rollers, well no one I know.

Er I do, I blow dry, then use the big hair styler, then put my hair in big rollers and then use straightening irons. I have very curly hair and need to do all this to get any sort of reasonable result.

I wondered why she does that too Lynn. When I "do" my face I use one of those white towelling headbands to hold my hair off my face. Come to think of it, mine says "Decleor" on it from QVC in the late 90's. In those days I had to sit on my hands because almost everything they had on air was tempting. But there was no Stacey. It was a set of 10 lipsticks from "spectacular".Anyone remember those?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Well, you know one now !!!! I've always used huge rollers on my long hair since they were invented - they give far better volume, and give a shine to your hair. Go behind the scenes at any fashion event, and you will always see models in rollers - which says a lot for all the straighteners/curling tongues etc etc etc on the market.

learned something new :giggle: people still use rollers, :giggle: and more to the point I am now thinking that maybe I should give them another try

I love watching her shows , the fact she has the balls to go on air with a total blank canvas gets top marks for me , whether the rollers thing & the way she makes herself up is considered '' outdated'' is purely a personal opinion...

I would be aghast if i saw my mother with a huge stripe of highlighter down her nose simply because its the trendy thing to do .... if the way stacy applies her make up & the colours she uses suit her then why fix summat thats not broken for the sake of being '' on trend''

No one holds a gun to folks heads and makes then watch or buy any of the products Stacey promotes ....

Well, you know one now !!!! I've always used huge rollers on my long hair since they were invented - they give far better volume, and give a shine to your hair. Go behind the scenes at any fashion event, and you will always see models in rollers - which says a lot for all the straighteners/curling tongues etc etc etc on the market.

Please don't take this the wrong way Brissles as I am sure your particular hair do is nice and rollers are very effective. In my head I always associate rollers with my nan, who slept in hers I think. Those heated one that were lined up in a tool type box on prongs. They had spikes that looked very painful and she sported the same style for over 50 years. I know times (and rollers) have changed I can't get past that association and my hair stays flat as a pancake.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

I think she's got guts to go on air and show her face with all its imperfections, and help show people how to get rid of them.
I mightn't use her products, but she gives good tips. And I do my hair with the babyliss curler thing and stick massive rollers
in to give lift, and I'm happy to say so :wave:

I'm happy to say I've tried her products and they were of inferior quality compared to other brands in my opinion.
Lynn

I used to use rollers - well most folks my age would have done anyway I expect - blow drying was a revelation! The only time I might use them now tho is to pop 3 or 4 of the Velcro ones in on top when my hair needs cutting and is a bit heavy - I need height and volume..

Latest posts

Back