Molton Brown TSV 01/10/14 (QVC Birthday)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Looks like it's been taken down now. They must have cottoned on to people buying prior to Wednesday.

Its a No from me , At £40 which was stated earlier in the week , i may have been tempted but over £50 delivered is too much tbh, Im sure it will be on easy pays and sell out fast , so hopefully we will get some good OTO's .
I was keen on getting this but at over £50 it has gone over some sort of psychological barrier and I think I might give it a miss. If it had been three shower gels I probably would have gone for it, but I will probably got to bed and hope it has sold out by morning, in which case I won't have to make a decision.

I was keen on getting this but at over £50 it has gone over some sort of psychological barrier and I think I might give it a miss. If it had been three shower gels I probably would have gone for it, but I will probably got to bed and hope it has sold out by morning, in which case I won't have to make a decision.
Same here.
I'm glad I didn't rush in this morning, because now it's gone again, I've come to my senses and realised that over £50 for shower gel etc is a bit crazy.
The SLS thing doesn't worry me - if I'm totally honest, I guess I just like the look of the bottles in the bathroom!
Not enough to buy though. Think I'll treat myself to some equally lovely smelling shower gel from The Body Shop, Lush or m&s and save my money.
Must retain my willpower on Wed though!

It's a definite no from me as well. We are off to Bicester in a couple of weeks so will see what M.B. Has on offer there.

I'm getting two - one for me & one for my Mum. Gonna stay up and order at midnight too, just to make sure.

Although saying that, I am a little disappointed that the hand lotion & the body lotions don't come with a pump. Especially the hand lotion.

It's a no from me too. If the body lotions had been bigger I would have been tempted to give as gifts, so £50 for two washes, soap, plus a hand cream and lotions I won't use, is too much. I agree with the psychological barrier!

Might be nice if they come boxed IMO.
I've never understood it when they do a beauty TSV and the presenter or guest recommends 'gifting' (hate that word) an item if you don't like it.
Sorry, but if someone bunged a bottle of shower gel in a gift bag for me, I'd be less than impressed, even if it was a presteeegus* brand.

* Copyright Alison Young

A friend does this - but to be fair, she points out that buying like this helps her buy gifts for friends & family that she wants to give (and that they like), without her paying individual prices. She's not well off these days (though during her career days developed a taste for all things luxe), her health took a nose dive so now she's not earning but still likes giving nice things. We've all told her not to, but she insists.

I never look a gift horse in the mouth.

Sorry, I should clarify exactly what I meant.

If I bought my mum a bottle of MB Shower Gel it wouldn't mean a thing to her. She's never heard of MB, so to her it would be no different than a bottle of Bayliss & Harding that would cost me a quid.
She has no concept of spending more than a pound or two on items for the bath or shower.

I don't care how presteeegus a product is, it means nothing if the recipient hasn't heard of it IYSWIM?

I got the email from QVC to say I could order it.

Mine is a Christmas present from my parents (and my Mum wanted one too), but had to order myself because they are away at the moment.

Got the email to order early but am not a MB user, prefer L'Occitanne but didn't go for their last TSV.

Not such good value as first time round,is it?
Much as I enjoy MB products,not sure if I'll go for this! The 100ms body lotions put me off especially if giving as pressies.

Last year while I was sorting out my shed I found boxes of old QVC products including 3 MB TSV's & a ton of other beauty products. My son in law was thrilled with the Eucalyptus shower gel

All items were still perfect!

I had no idea Molton Brown was so prestigious until I watched the show and heard the presenters all fawning over the products. I always thought it was just another brand in the Crabtree & Evelyn and L'Occitane stable. Is it really way better than those brands? I tend to stick with British Crabtree rather than L'Occitane.

I wouldn't say it's way better, I'm not familiar with Crabtree but do love Milton Brown and L'occitane, I would say mb have more interesting exotic fragrances but l'occitane is more nourishing and luxurious.

Latest posts

Back