All About Hairstyling TSV 15/12/10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Akimbo

Fluffy
I haven't seen this discussed here yet, I wonder what it'll be? Too soon for a Yogi rerun but I wonder whether it'll be the pro-styler rotating thingy. :emo:

Any ideas?

Jude xx

Yawn! Doesn't sound very interesting does it?

Luv your bunnies tho :hi:

Jude x

£77 including postage, for a hairdryer, from a brand that ive never even heard of! What a rip off! :bandit:

I bought this from Boots when they first got them in (£35 no delivery charge) http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.432918.cm_scid.KeywordSearch

The woman doing the demo is rubbish as she keeps stopping the rotation...I keep the brush rotating for best effect. I would say it's worth persevering with these rotating brushes I got my first from a shopping channel donkeys years ago and remember there were lots of complaints of trapped tangled hair on here. My original is still going but I wouldn't want to be without one now as it makes blow-drying much quicker.

Jude xx

£77 including postage, for a hairdryer, from a brand that ive never even heard of! What a rip off! :bandit:

It does seem expensive. I did a search and the cheapest (of this brand) I can find is about £100 for a 2000W, this is 1700W. Makes it sound like a salon quality hairdryer with 8 settings, never heard of it myself, but that doesn't mean anything.

Surely a dryer is a dryer? Ionic ones are great for decreasing static but from what I can gather this isn't ionic.

I have a Iconi one bought from Boots about two years ago. I have short hair and to tell the truth have no idea what the iconi bit is support to do!:wonder: It was a good deal and I thought oh I'll that one. In other words it was cheap in the sale.:blush: There is a wheel thing which is suppose to work the iconi, I just set it at about half way. Use the cool shot bit more than I would ever think of using the iconi thing.

Oh and I see on the QVC website you have to download the instruction manual!

I bought this from Boots when they first got them in (£35 no delivery charge) http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.432918.cm_scid.KeywordSearch

The woman doing the demo is rubbish as she keeps stopping the rotation...I keep the brush rotating for best effect. I would say it's worth persevering with these rotating brushes I got my first from a shopping channel donkeys years ago and remember there were lots of complaints of trapped tangled hair on here. My original is still going but I wouldn't want to be without one now as it makes blow-drying much quicker.

Jude xx

HI :hi:
I got this from the A????n site recently for £37 and NO P&P - plus it turned up in 3days!
RG:

Just watched the video of the midnight presentation, Claire was absolutely useless, gabbing on about nothing at all. The demos on the models looked almost the same as the before shots, dull and un- interesting.

This looks a very uninspiring tsv so close to Christmas. It can only have a fairly limited appeal at the price and with any luck they'll pull the demos and offer some good oto's as they've been known to do in the past.
Whoever dreams these things up has lost the plot. There are so many fantastic ideas they could bring.

I have a Iconi one bought from Boots about two years ago. I have short hair and to tell the truth have no idea what the iconi bit is support to do!:wonder
: It was a good deal and I thought oh I'll that one. In other words it was cheap in the sale.:blush: There is a wheel thing which is suppose to work the iconi, I just set it at about half way. Use the cool shot bit more than I would ever think of using the iconi thing.

Oh and I see on the QVC website you have to download the instruction manual!

Me neither. Just found this...

(Now for the science bit) - Positive and negative ions exist in all substances. Purportedly, when wet, hair is "positively charged." Ionic hair dryers "restructure" ion clusters by bathing the hair with negative ions, allowing water molecules to penetrate deep into the hair. As a result, hair is rehydrated and reconditioned with each use of an ionic hair dryer. Marketers make the additional claim that ionic hair dryers cut hair-drying time in half.

Sounds like waffle to me, but the difference I noticed from having one is I don't tend to get the flyaways anymore, so I assumed that was due to the ionic bit.

:emo:

Another thought have any of the demo's involved the hairdryer being used on wet hair ?

I maybe getting the hairdryer use wrong but thought you used one on wet hair :cheeky:

:tongue:

They only started with 2000, Kathy mentioned that 900 had gone in the morning show.

Jude xx

Saw this at midnight and thought how over-priced it seemed to me, having said that the woman did a poor demo and silly airy-fairy, on-a-different-planet Claired was absolutely hopeless as well (she really wants to make me put two fingers in her eyes - sorry). However things got even worse with the next product ; the Dream Curlers. I'm sure there have been previous threads about this before but I honestly could not believe how rubbish they looked. Again, very poor demo's from the 'expert' - when she took them out of her shoulder length hair there was virtually no curl. Girls, you can go buy spongy curlers in Boots for a few quid, don't waste your precious dough on this pile of crap.

Latest posts

Back