Elemis Christmas TSV 15/11/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I received a sample. I'm not sure if I like it or whether it smells like toilet cleaner. I don't use toner,have enough hand cream to last me a life time so pretty undecided at the moment.

I'm not sure about toilet cleaner but now you mention it I do think it is more of a home fragrance than a body fragrance. I was wondering what it reminded me of.

Seems the sample is Sweet Orchid and people saying it smells like lily of the valley.

Yes - I am getting some Lily of the Valley.

Define 'vile' Jabba.......smells like wee/cleaning product/old lady perfume/something else entirely?

:sweat:

I find it very old lady perfume. It reminds me a bit of Elizabeth Arden Blue Grass, if anyone remembers that? My nana used to wear it.

Just received a card and the sweet orchid is vile, it mentions a men's 3 piece perfect grooming collection under £30 any details on that please?
Hx

Totally agree with you - it smells utterly horrible. Texture and "feel" on the skin is lovely... but not enough to make me endure the smell, I'm afraid.

:mysmilie_8::mysmilie_8::mysmilie_8: I'm thrilled that I hate it. No TSV for me this year, as I've still got my frangipani unopened from another TSV.

For me much of the pleasure of elemis is the sensory experience and I'm afraid my senses were assaulted by this offering. Cheap air freshener springs to mind. I love the frangipani though, I find it warm and subtly intriguing. I know some people can't stand it but I honestly can't imagine who would love the orchid at elemis prices.

What is Zoflora, by the way? (I don't live in the UK)

Please can anyone rave about the Orchid option? On Facebook, there are many people who love the scent but here, I almost only read the contrary. It is just because I want to buy the Orchid option... and I don't want to "stink" afterwards.

Last edited:
What is Zoflora, by the way? (I don't live in the UK)

Please can anyone rave about the Orchid option? On Facebook, there are many people who love the scent but here, I almost only read the contrary. It is just because I want to buy the Orchid option... and I don't want to "stink" afterwards.

That's because they are only allowed to say nice things about products on the FB page or they will be removed.

Zoflora is a floral disinfectant.

So the truth is always to be found here which means: Sweet Orchid is a stinker? ;-)

I thought the Sweet Orchid fragrance was lovely - there must be something wrong with my nose!!

For me much of the pleasure of elemis is the sensory experience and I'm afraid my senses were assaulted by this offering. Cheap air freshener springs to mind. I love the frangipani though, I find it warm and subtly intriguing. I know some people can't stand it but I honestly can't imagine who would love the orchid at elemis prices.

Love Frangipani.

Latest posts

Back