Less and less of interest to men on QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
Yet another weekend with nothing of interest to men, probably no DIY tomorrow as it is a "beauty weekend". I think last weekend was similar (fashion weekend?). There was also not one item all day yesterday of interest to men, unless of the John Barrowman persuasion.

It was so much more interesting 10 years ago with lots of technology and DIY, even kitchen gadgets are better than nothing.

Yet another weekend with nothing of interest to men, probably no DIY tomorrow as it is a "beauty weekend". I think last weekend was similar (fashion weekend?). There was also not one item all day yesterday of interest to men, unless of the John Barrowman persuasion.

It was so much more interesting 10 years ago with lots of technology and DIY, even kitchen gadgets are better than nothing.
Perhaps their research has shown that more women watch and buy from QVC than men and that the products they buy are female-oriented.

Over the years QVC introduced me to loads of tools, electronics and gadgets that I would otherwise have not been aware of.

These days, on the rare occasions they have these shows, it is the "same old, same old" stuff that just goes around and around eg slightly better camera/clickfree/printer/scanner etc, hardly anything innovative

I feel for you Stratobuddy.

I hate whole days or weekends of anything but especially Beauty as there is so much of it all week, every week anyway! That said there are lots of fans and it's where the money is for QVC.

Now how about a Richard Jackson "In the Garden" weekend? :flower::flower::flower:......got to go, a brick's just come through my window! :eek:

Everything's boring when you can't afford any of it! And don't be sad, I gather Richard Jackson is appearing with a TSV this week :D *ducks another brick* I think there is plenty of tech on QVC already but, as said above, it comes across as boring because it's the same small range of products time and time again. It's on most weeks and there have been three TSVs in the last week or so. Perhaps it's not the lack of tech, per se, but the lack of variety in the tech offerings that is the problem?

Perhaps they focus on women because they think a lot of them are gullible enough to belive the hype. All the drivel they talk about these overpriced beauty products they flog is ridiculous.

I'm not fond of these 'dedicated' days / weekends either, yesterday was boring as is today. Still using my beauty (I use the word loosely!) products bought in the Spring, so no need for yet more purchases. I do prefer the Techy and jewellery hours...and handbags of course, but a good blend of products throughout the day will capture my attention more readily! :happy: But that excludes Richard Jackson.......:sleepy:

Last edited:
Maybe your day(s) will come SB, Christmas is around the corner (well in Sainsbury's it is, next to the Halloween masks), so you might view Gifts For Your Man. Anything from plumbers elastic bandages to million in one screwdriver with torch attachment. Might even be a Taboo hour just for men. Can you contain your excitement?

I think us Men had several Tech days in the past 2 weeks to make up for this beauty weekend.

At the end of the day QVC probably sells more items to women than men.

Looks like we will have to watch Ideal World - they will be selling Karcher, Ryobi and laptops etc and we might get to see the lovely Janice too! :heart::heart:

...and a new homme-in-lace range from Michele :up:

Ooooo, now that would be worth seeing, Mrs J. I hope you will be offering your services as design consultant. Your fashion sense is legendary on this forum and MH should take note as she could learn a lot from you. will you be bringing out your own range in the near future?

Latest posts

Back