L'Occitane TSV - 28/09/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I like it, but really can't spend over £50 on shower stuff.
Me neither, sadly! Also I was thinking, it's really no better deal than you could get in a half-price sale - which admittedly they haven't got on atm and those items may not be included if they had, but then I could just buy the one item at a time and could afford that... !

Can anyone see where 'Naturally European' states its animal testing policy? All I can see is that they use natural ingredients. I love the look of the lime and ginger range - very Elemis!

BTW - they sell this in John Lewis too! I may pop in and look on the packaging.

You may have been to John Lewis by now but it doesn't actually mention their animal testing policy on any of the products which seems strange esp as they are not doing it!!

You need to go to website of Naturally European's parent company http://www.somerset-distribution.com/shop/index.php/somerset_us/our-brands/naturally-european.html

Then see 'about us' which says "We care for our environment and all of our products are cruelty free, tested on ourselves and not animals..." So that's encouraging!

Let us know if you try the lime and ginger - was wondering if it would be unisex enough to get for my dad! x

Not the TSV but that Immortelle Precious Cream was free with Harpers Mag in August in nice little glass pots. Was only 15ml but still probably less than half the Q's price. I bought loads !

Not the TSV but that Immortelle Precious Cream was free with Harpers Mag in August in nice little glass pots. Was only 15ml but still probably less than half the Q's price. I bought loads !

I got 2pots on an online auction site (starts with e) for 9.95 & 2.60 postage, so they worked out at just abt £6 each, they were individually sealed etc, will be buying them from again!

I'm sure this has probably been answered 1000 times before but can anyone confirm whether the shower oil is SLS and paraban free.
My google(ing) seems inconclusive.
Thanks
A

Found the ingredients on a US site called SkinStore. Its first listed ingredient is something called mipa-laureth sulfate.

You may have been to John Lewis by now but it doesn't actually mention their animal testing policy on any of the products which seems strange esp as they are not doing it!!

You need to go to website of Naturally European's parent company http://www.somerset-distribution.com/shop/index.php/somerset_us/our-brands/naturally-european.html

Then see 'about us' which says "We care for our environment and all of our products are cruelty free, tested on ourselves and not animals..." So that's encouraging!

It's not encouraging at all I'm afraid, it doesn't mean anything. It's the classic marketing phrase used by most companies whose products are not cruelty-free, and the fact that the packaging doesn't mention it is another indication. All it means is that the finished product hasn't been tested on animals - and why? Because the company cares so much about animals? No. Because it's illegal for them to test the finished product on animals. But they don't tell you that, they tell you that the product is cruelty-free because it hasn't been tested on animals and hope you'll think they done that voluntarily and that you won't actually analyse what they're saying. In a way this ploy, which is used right across the industry, is even more immoral than those companies that admit to animal testing.

For a product to be cruelty-free we need to know about all the ingredients. Are any of them animal-derived? Have the ingredients been tested on animals in the recent past - and if so how recent? Or, indeed, are they being tested on animals right now before Naturally European buys them and puts them into the "cruelty-free" product that hasn't been tested on animals? What are the supplier protocols being used to ensure cruelty-free ingredients? And the main thing to find out is whether Naturally European has a Fixed Cut Off Date in place - not a Rolling Cut Off Date, which allows them to use in five years time ingredients which are being tested on animals now. Without a FCOD no company can legitimately claim to be cruelty-free, and they certainly wouldn't be awarded certification by Cruelty-Free International, which is the universally acknowledged cruelty-free accreditation body. I'll email the questions to them that will provide the truth and see what they say.

The other month someone(sorry forget who), put up a link to a site which asked each brand company their policy on testing.

The big ones like L'Oreal etc had their stock answer of we follow EU guide lines and no longer test.

Some came out and said "We do no test nor ask others to test on our behalf!" Some big US brands did not answer. Strangely the expensive brand Rodial said they do not test nor ask others to do any testing on their behalf. Now if they lied they will get their asses sued off.

It's not encouraging at all I'm afraid, it doesn't mean anything. It's the classic marketing phrase used by most companies whose products are not cruelty-free, and the fact that the packaging doesn't mention it is another indication. All it means is that the finished product hasn't been tested on animals - and why? Because the company cares so much about animals? No. Because it's illegal for them to test the finished product on animals. But they don't tell you that, they tell you that the product is cruelty-free because it hasn't been tested on animals and hope you'll think they done that voluntarily and that you won't actually analyse what they're saying. In a way this ploy, which is used right across the industry, is even more immoral than those companies that admit to animal testing.

For a product to be cruelty-free we need to know about all the ingredients. Are any of them animal-derived? Have the ingredients been tested on animals in the recent past - and if so how recent? Or, indeed, are they being tested on animals right now before Naturally European buys them and puts them into the "cruelty-free" product that hasn't been tested on animals? What are the supplier protocols being used to ensure cruelty-free ingredients? And the main thing to find out is whether Naturally European has a Fixed Cut Off Date in place - not a Rolling Cut Off Date, which allows them to use in five years time ingredients which are being tested on animals now. Without a FCOD no company can legitimately claim to be cruelty-free, and they certainly wouldn't be awarded certification by Cruelty-Free International, which is the universally acknowledged cruelty-free accreditation body. I'll email the questions to them that will provide the truth and see what they say.[/QUOTE

I agree, claims can be misleading. For those reasons I always check the go cruelty free/cruelty free international website to see whether a brand is certified. If they are not certified I won't buy from them

The other month someone(sorry forget who), put up a link to a site which asked each brand company their policy on testing.

The big ones like L'Oreal etc had their stock answer of we follow EU guide lines and no longer test.

Some came out and said "We do no test nor ask others to test on our behalf!" Some big US brands did not answer. Strangely the expensive brand Rodial said they do not test nor ask others to do any testing on their behalf. Now if they lied they will get their asses sued off.

It's not necessarily a lie, it's another clever marketing ploy. All it says is that they're not actually initiating any testing themselves. It doesn't say that they're not using ingredients that are being tested on animals or ingredients that are derived from animals. Every single ingredient they use could currently be being tested on animals on a daily basis by or for someone else, and then they could be benefitting from that testing by using the same ingredients. They rely on people not actually analysing what they're saying. Rodial certainly aren't accredited by Cruelty-Free International or Naturewatch.

I wasn't tempted, I went into boots and picked up a couple of Champneys shower gels, a matching body butter and a Sanctuary shower gel, all for £32 and I am more than happy with them. Although I didn't stick to one brand they did have offer on if you did.
I think I have moved on from locci now

I wasn't tempted, I went into boots and picked up a couple of Champneys shower gels, a matching body butter and a Sanctuary shower gel, all for £32 and I am more than happy with them. Although I didn't stick to one brand they did have offer on if you did.
I think I have moved on from locci now

I like my l'occitane just not from qvc

I think the best TSV was a few years ago with big sizes of shower gels. Having said that I now get fed up of the big sizes before I am halfway through them.
There are some nice shower gels around elsewhere and I am more than happy to give them a try

Got a postcard today telling me about the TSV :grin:

Lucky I already knew about it as its the first time I have bought a Loccitane TSV in ages, love the Almond Shower Oil

I resisted this last year but with each repeat airing my resolve is waning! So over six months down the line and they've still got oodles of stock to offload and now on four-pay to tempt me. The TSV price was only £4.75 less than the introductory price now! Can't remember if the shelf life unopened is 2 or 3 years but realistically it's probably well over 12 months old by now. I do love the almond range though.....

I'm still finishing the vanilla Shea shower gel from 2.5 years ago. It still smells really nice, also almost finished the verbena liquid soap.

Latest posts

Back