Molton Brown TSV 06/10/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Caved in and bought the warm set as I really do love MB and it's a good price. In my defence I have big spaces in my stash cupboard that really need filling up and MB are products that I use every day. Phew :mysmilie_17:

CC

Confession time, I bought both...the SHAME :mysmilie_847:

Get on the naughty step now!

Decided I’m not buying this on account of the titchy hand wash & lotion. A shame, but the price is too high for what it is.

Afraid I came to the same conclusion. Much as I like MB, and however high the RRPs of the items and hence perceived savings on the TSV, I cannot justify £12 per shower gel / hand wash and £5 per smaller bottle / hand cream. If the store cupboard was empty, it might be different but it won’t be empty for literally years. I also think we’re being made to pay for the box and bag, neither of which I’d use so something else to dispose of or shove away somewhere. Sorry to be negative when I know many on here are excited about their purchase. I’m envious of you, of course!!

I agree about boxes and bags. I already have the bag which I got free with some purchases direct from MB except mine has images of London on it. Didn't mind this one as it reminds me of when I was young and carefree and living in London! Boxes are for gifting so if they're going to add them into a deal they have to fit all of the products. You can't put those small sizes into a big box and even if you put in tissue paper or shredded paper it still looks like you've taken something out as there's too much space.

CC

Unusually the Warm version would be the obvious choice for me; so often I want a few flavours from each but not all in either set iykwim. I don't mind the smaller sizes of hand wash as there's often too much stuff around my sink, small size = more stuff!

A couple of items I've noticed have lost their "special price" status with the arrival of October and the "seasonal" postage offers. Mind you QVC aren't alone in doing this; when I worked for M&S they often had introductory offers with 20% off before the full-on selling period for an item eg a winter coat is cheaper in September but will be full price when most folk start looking for one. Then when they worry about being lumbered with unsold coats in the NY they'll reduce them to lessen the impact of say Debenhams running a 20% off promotion.

Beauty items with reduced or free postage are a tempter - for everything else I can get the original postage back if I return it, but testing and then returning a beauty item forfeits the £3+ postage. Then for restocking heavy items I always use paying less than £2 is a no brainer. I'm not buying to stockpile, only buying if I need something. Honest!

I’m more tempted by this, as it works out at half price without p&p.

https://www.qvcuk.com/Molton-Brown-...-Body-Collection.product.236991.html?sc=PSCH&

That's a lovely set; however the MB TSV this time last year was advertised with the bells on the Lapp Pine bottle in the Men's set but they weren't included (this seems to happen with some TSVs presumably the vendors supply the still shots or the sets used for these photos but with props or set dressing that's not included in the boxed sets for the customer). It's not such a problem if it's for your own use but the bells add to the presentation of a gift for Xmas.

I treated myself to this set (direct from MB at an offer price last year) and it's a lovely present idea.

I agree about boxes and bags. I already have the bag which I got free with some purchases direct from MB except mine has images of London on it. Didn't mind this one as it reminds me of when I was young and carefree and living in London! Boxes are for gifting so if they're going to add them into a deal they have to fit all of the products. You can't put those small sizes into a big box and even if you put in tissue paper or shredded paper it still looks like you've taken something out as there's too much space.

CC

Great idea: Why not fill up any spaces with a Fray Bentos pie? Then they will really love you.....

Great idea: Why not fill up any spaces with a Fray Bentos pie? Then they will really love you.....

Were I giving the MB to Mr CC then a pie would go down very well, far more so than the MB products. I could also stuff in a can of Tenants lager and a mouldy apple for the dog (he keeps finding them in the street and won't let them go) :mysmilie_48: Those two are very easy to buy presents for!

CC

That's a lovely set; however the MB TSV this time last year was advertised with the bells on the Lapp Pine bottle in the Men's set but they weren't included (this seems to happen with some TSVs presumably the vendors supply the still shots or the sets used for these photos but with props or set dressing that's not included in the boxed sets for the customer). It's not such a problem if it's for your own use but the bells add to the presentation of a gift for Xmas.

I treated myself to this set (direct from MB at an offer price last year) and it's a lovely present idea.

I bought two of those sets a fortnight ago Akimbo. Really nice aren't they?
The silver things are in their own gift boxes with the fragrance and as these are for gifting, I think they look lovely. I'll probably keep the hand washes for me though. We'll see.

I'm glad there is a lot of love for the Junioer handwash as this was the one I was a bit uncertain about. Mind you my fave handwash is Rockrose and Pine, now Amber Cocoon, so I felt I could risk it.

I am currently using Puritas handwash and it is just like burying your head in a bunch of narcissus. Glorious.

I'm glad there is a lot of love for the Junioer handwash as this was the one I was a bit uncertain about. Mind you my fave handwash is Rockrose and Pine, now Amber Cocoon, so I felt I could risk it.

I am currently using Puritas handwash and it is just like burying your head in a bunch of narcissus. Glorious.

Do you mean Amber Cocoon used to be called Rockrose & Pine, or R&P was your favourite but now you prefer AC? The names sound like completely different smells and I love Amber Cocoon but not sure I’d choose Rockrose & Pine if I just saw the name.

Do you mean Amber Cocoon used to be called Rockrose & Pine, or R&P was your favourite but now you prefer AC? The names sound like completely different smells and I love Amber Cocoon but not sure I’d choose Rockrose & Pine if I just saw the name.

Amber Cocoon used to be called RR+P. Jemma said that on air as well.

Rockrose and pine is my fave too - I do wonder why they keep renaming them though, they seem to veer between true to life descriptions and aspirational guff

MB TSV WARNING!!

if you bought the warm set & expecting Suede Orris you might be shocked to be confronted with a bottole of coastal Cyprus & Sea Fennel BODY LOTION

Ooooh now that would be a result, I'm picking mine up later, fingers crossed!!!!

Latest posts

Back