Molton Brown TSV 06/10/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Darling, it's iconic & our friends are always delighted when they use the guest cloakroom & see that we have the latest fragrances. Such a talking point over brunch...

Sweetie, I ‘ope you don’t tell ‘em you refill the MB bottles with Aldi ‘and wash, cos ‘onest they wudn’t be able to tell an’ it’ll save yeh a few bob. :mysmilie_3: :mysmilie_17:

The prices really went up with MB when they were bought out by a Japanese company more than 10 years ago. They discontinue bring back ranges with new names for them to disappear again.

We have 2 stand-alone stores in Belfast one getting a refit in Forestside actually thought they had closed but not big signs saying refit. We have one in House of Fraser which never takes part in any of the store promotions Jo Malone is the other one which never does. But I did like the bath/shower gel.

Having a nose yesterday in the House of Fraser one the SA was all chat with me. So they are bringing back the Vintage same as every year but with an EDT perfume the Muddle Plum the same new EDT to match. The new one for Xmas is a brandy-based which will also have an EDT they only had the bath/shower tester. It actually smelt cosy warm with hints of spice. Not sure what the body lotion would be like?

I don’t get Molton Brown and the price tag for such small sizes when there’s so much more nicer choice out there, and never in a million years would I buy the husband or my sons a fragrance or body wash with the word Tobacco in it. Each to their own though, we're all different. :mysmilie_3:

I have never gone for MB either it is in my category like Yankee Candles & Lulu Guinness ‘ a brand that so many rave about but I just do not see the fascination & have a permanent feeling I am missing something important’.
Jemma is off limits too, that voice!

Sweetie, I ‘ope you don’t tell ‘em you refill the MB bottles with Aldi ‘and wash, cos ‘onest they wudn’t be able to tell an’ it’ll save yeh a few bob. :mysmilie_3: :mysmilie_17:

Aha, like Mr CC's brother in law who fills the Glenlivet bottle with Grants and thinks we won't notice. As if :mysmilie_19:

CC

I have never gone for MB either it is in my category like Yankee Candles & Lulu Guinness ‘ a brand that so many rave about but I just do not see the fascination & have a permanent feeling I am missing something important’.
Jemma is off limits too, that voice!

I agree SF.

Aha, like Mr CC's brother in law who fills the Glenlivet bottle with Grants and thinks we won't notice. As if :mysmilie_19:

CC

As if. :mysmilie_15:

Like their shower gels and hand washes but not a fan of their lotions so I'll easily pass on this one. Shame there's no OTOs.

MB sell an 'image' they conjure up.

I remember Jill Goldsmith the guest from way back, and she would describe swaying palm trees, tropical nights of frangipani - she went the whole 9 yards, and it worked ! MB stocks were like Elemis - they flew out the door. But at the end of the day, its ……… soap ! very expensive highly perfumed stuff that goes down the drain - along with the pound coins. And even the perfume last only a few minutes after towelling dry.

They have said on air tonight they do not have confirmation yet as to whether there will be a further TSV before Christmas.

Alison has said on air this morning that there is another mid December but smaller and no bags and boxes. Wouldn't it be nice if the presenters were all on the same page eh? :taphead:

Over 30,000 of TSV sold so far according to AY.

Has anyone been to the MB outlet at Gunwharf Quays recently? I've found some fab bargains there in the past, but it must be 5 or 6 years since I was last there. I like MB - well some of it, so I'll buy at TSV prices or the 500ml bottles direct from the MB website. I fancy the new bizarre brandy fragrance; I wonder whether Q will have it in December? Anyone tried it in a main store yet?

They have an outlet shop in Kilkenny and bus trips every Saturday, there is also an L'Occitane, Clarks and Kipling stores there too. A friend went a few years back and said the prices unbelievable. On the bus, they got extra money off vouchers 25% on top of the normal discount in the shops. The stuff she bought in Molton Brown for gifts Xmas and Birthdays plus they gave loads of extra freebies on top.

Has anyone been to the MB outlet at Gunwharf Quays recently? I've found some fab bargains there in the past, but it must be 5 or 6 years since I was last there.

I last went to Gunwharf in May/June. The MB shop is still going strong but it's now next to the L'Occitane shop, opposite Boots. I think it's busier in there as a result.

Last edited:
AY's outfit (again)!!!!!! Those boots with that dress :mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15:
She's doing it for a bet isn't she?

CC

Thanks for the tip Oceanfox, I think I'll hop on a train before it gets really busy in the run up to Christmas. When MB scrapped their make up and skin care ranges (again) the outlet shop were almost giving it away (I exaggerate) but I used to love their skin wash and citrussy toner. They also had their lip-plumping pen and I bought several.

I always pop into the L'Occy outlet but rarely buy anything; same with the Kipling shop - they're both handy for checking smells and colours in real life.

AY's outfit (again)!!!!!! Those boots with that dress :mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15:
She's doing it for a bet isn't she?

CC

The dress is lovely, thought she looked nice in it then saw the footwear.....welly boots??

Latest posts

Back