Molton Brown TSV 27/6/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ive seen stuff on BrandAlleythere for really good prices but Ive never bought anything, working on the idea that if something seems too good to be true it usually is - has anyone shopped with them? Are they any good?
I’ve bought a fair bit of stuff from there, mainly furniture and Joseph Joseph kitchen stuff. Also Radley and other bits and bobs. Never had a problem.
Some stuff is a few weeks for delivery, other stuff is a lot quicker but it says what delivery time frame is on individual sales.
One P&P across all sales if ordered at the same time.

Ive seen stuff on BrandAlleythere for really good prices but Ive never bought anything, working on the idea that if something seems too good to be true it usually is - has anyone shopped with them? Are they any good?
Yeh I’ve shopped with them a few times and they are very good. You have to wait a while for delivery sometimes but you do get the genuine article

I had to join up to access the site and the welcome email explained that they do a bulk order to get the discounted price once all the orders from the time-limited deal are received. So they await delivery and then have to turn the goods round. It says it can take 15-20 days for them to receive the goods. But Outlet stuff is sent out straight away.

I spent ages looking at MB stuff today! Luckily Nanny McFee flew in just before I cracked.

Oh no! I was too late seeing this and it has now sold out 😕😞

Oh No! I have now followed the link and ventured onto Brand Alley where I could easily spend a fortune on reduced MB…. Nanny McFee, where are you????
That naughty madaunty! I spent far more time on the site than I should earlier but fortunately, I was late to the party and it seems the better deals are out of stock. Most of the remainder is not that cheap, IMO. Phew!

I bought quite a bit several years ago from Achica who were, I think, bought by BrandAlley. It worked similarly. There was another one, wasn’t there, began with C?? Achica was fine for known brands (I had some amazing Rituals sets, ridiculously cheap, and Village Candles which were like Yankees - yes, it was those days when I had to have every candle going!). I also bought a few leather bags which were hit and miss as some looked really cheap when they arrived - they were by brands that seemed to all be an Italian sounding man’s name and probably only existed for the duration of the “deal”. So, if BrandAlley is the same, I would stick only to known brands.

Anyway, I unsubscribed from the BrandAlley mailing list because I got sick of the emails. It is nice to have a little look again. Can someone tell me how it works? Do you just have to check the home page regularly to see what’s currently on offer or is there a ”timetable” somewhere (so, for example, you can see that they are going to have an XYZ brand sale on 1st July?). You obviously have to get in early for the top bargains.

Just had a look on site. Remaining discounts seem a bit meh. Buuuuut.....
has anyone tried the MILK MUSK fragrance.....I won't be. How did the creators keep a straight face.

Well it doesn’t sound remotely appealing to me but I have read some positive reports of it, although I can’t remember where!

I bought quite a bit several years ago from Achica who were, I think, bought by BrandAlley. It worked similarly. There was another one, wasn’t there, began with C?? Achica was fine for known brands (I had some amazing Rituals sets, ridiculously cheap, and Village Candles which were like Yankees - yes, it was those days when I had to have every candle going!). I also bought a few leather bags which were hit and miss as some looked really cheap when they arrived - they were by brands that seemed to all be an Italian sounding man’s name and probably only existed for the duration of the “deal”. So, if BrandAlley is the same, I would stick only to known brands.

The other one I was trying to think of was Cocosa - also now "part of the BrandAlley family", I see. And another similar one was HushHush, which I also ordered from once 7-8 years ago. It has obviously changed since I ordered as the categories of goods now include Property, Cars, Helicopters, Yachts and Jets!

Noted Gemma had said at the launch to Alison Young her last hour was 7pm. Oh but low and behold she was kept back to start the 10pm hour with the final presentation of the not sold out in any option TSV.

They might have done better if they’d sold them individually at half the price of the TSV. I’d have bought the tobacco one but didn’t want its “partner,” so I didn’t bother.

They’re back on the website at £48 exc. P&P so they clearly didn’t “fly off the shelf.”

Noted Gemma had said at the launch to Alison Young her last hour was 7pm. Oh but low and behold she was kept back to start the 10pm hour with the final presentation of the not sold out in any option TSV.
They might have done better if they’d sold them individually at half the price of the TSV. I’d have bought the tobacco one but didn’t want its “partner,” so I didn’t bother.

They’re back on the website at £48 exc. P&P so they clearly didn’t “fly off the shelf.”
I noticed that as well, but according to Katy P in the 11am show, they only had 3000 left of the Rosa set so it would probably sell out by the 2pm show.
Clearly that didn't happen then.

They wont be selling at the full QVC price either. I suppose in a month or so they will try again at an Introductory price..but we all know it was over priced that's why It did not sell

I noticed that as well, but according to Katy P in the 11am show, they only had 3000 left of the Rosa set so it would probably sell out by the 2pm show.
Clearly that didn't happen then.
Yes I thought about posting what she’d said about expecting only one option being available later in the day.

I'm sure the stuff's absolutely lovely but I couldn't bring myself around to spending that much money on something that's gonna be washed away down the plughole! (and that includes the tsv price)

Latest posts

Back