Where are Debbie Greenwood & Julian Ballantyne?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Perhaps Graham should capitalise on the extra traffic?

DG has included a link to the site in her tweet... could Graham ask for a statement from QVC or from DG?

Or have a link to the threads on the home page under a 'stop press' or 'what's hot' button... just a thought.

I can understand why the presenters may not wish to announce their departure. They probably don't wish to afford any intrusion or negative attention. They got a lot of exposure on QVC and it must be quite tiring to field hundreds, if not thousands, of queries regarding something that they may wish to remain confidential between them and their former employers. Similarly I can understand why viewers would want an explanation. With the presenters potentially spending many hours each week being beamed directly into people's homes people form an emotional attachment to them, whether it be a positive one ie, my view of Kathy Tayler, or a negative one such as my dislike for Jill Franks. For someone to have been on air for 13 years and then vanish is a little sad. It smacks of thinly veiled disappointment, a touch of sorrow, of clandestine secrecy.

I certainly haven't formed an 'emotional attachment' to any of the presenters/guests and wouldn't really miss anybody in particular. They're doing a job and then they leave.

QVC won't learn from this! A simple announcement by one of the presenters and "we wish them well in the future" would have stopped this speculation before it started. DG and JB may have chosen not to comment or may have been told not to. QVC should have acknowledged these long-serving presenters regardless of the reason for departure.

So this is what I would have done had I been in charge of the public face of QVC.

1. Agree an exit strategy with those leaving

2. Publicly thank the presenters and wish them well in their future career choices, on air and on the web

3. Remove immediately their blog/photo and twitter feeds

4. Introduce the new faces

5. Proceed as normal

I'm not in HR, PR or a CEO of a large international corporation but, even I can see they have made a huge mistake in how they have not handled this.

So was Anna the only one who was seem live on air, following there sacking, end of contracts whatever, it would have been a nice touch for every presenter to have had there send off.

Havent all the presenters, who have left over the years, had there personal goodbyes on air

its funny that the less "syrupy" presenters are leaving. DG was not ott with her presenting style. maybe a little flat even. JB anather one..No wonder the ones that are left are pushing the products big time! maybe that was part of the reason these presenters were pushed they were not taking Debbie flints style of presenting on board

Debbie Flint left originally Q to write a book with the "7 Secrets Of Slim People" ladies (don't think anything came of it). So she had a proper send off with bouquet of flowers etc. Curiously she resurfaced on Ideal World, Shop!, BidTV and a couple of dodgy "But Wait!" infomercials.

Credit to Julian, once Debbie Flint, Dave Bradford, Paul Lavers, Dean Wilson etc left Q, he was the only one who mentioned their names on air. It was as though he'd mentioned Voldermort by name! Does anyone else think working for QVC must be like being not very high up in the Scientology movement?

That tickled me greatly !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Genius Akimbo X

Only just caught up with this topic.........

On about presenters leaving, if Dale, Juila, Charlie, Catherine, Debbie F, Craig, possibly jilly halliday left, could u see them leaving without big fanfare, being given cake, and flowers cause i cant

So was Anna the only one who was seem live on air, following there sacking, end of contracts whatever, it would have been a nice touch for every presenter to have had there send off.

Havent all the presenters, who have left over the years, had there personal goodbyes on air

Maybe Anna chose to leave, in which case some sort of send-off is what we have seen in the past. If the others are rather disgruntled then possibly QVC don't want to take the risk of them saying something inappropriate on air or they themselves don't want a fuss.

All getting a bit silly about DG

I think this Debbie Greenwood thing is all a bit silly. If she has been sacked or left then why doesn't she just say so? All this speculation has turned her into a sort of celebrity - was that the point. I liked Julian and think it is a shame he has gone but people leave or get dismissed from their jobs all the time - that's life.

I tend to agree but if you read my comments (and those of others) on the mains JB and DG threads, QVC could have nipped this in the bud with a simple statement on air or on the website, or as someone else just suggested, in the monthly promotional emails. It's another PR own goal by Q imho.

I think it is very sad when they let people go who have served them faithfully for many many years and without a word. shows the type of company they are. I know the jobs are extremely well paid, but it must also be very tiring/boring spouting the company guff all the time, but it is what they are paid to do. I cannot see that either have done anything wrong, there are some dire and irritating presenters who should go first if they are making cuts. And why not last in first out?

I agree with you - my own criticism of it all are on two counts

1) I liked DG and JB - but thats not the point,as you say people move jobs every day somewhere.However as much as I am a QVC customer myself - I do believe QVC prey (if thats not too strong a word) on the people who are more needy in society.Lots of people love presenters,sending then cards and letters and QVC sell these presenters as friends and family.I won't give DG and JB a second thought...as much as I liked their personalities - but there will be people out there who will be genuinely worried about where they are and whats happened.It doesn't seem very fair on those that will feel this - QVC are happy to take their money and custom but theres no courtesy in any of it.

2) I've just left my job myself.ok it was my decision - but after being in a job for so long - it is daunting and a massive decision.I feel so sorry that DG and JB have not been allowed to say goodbye.Personally I had to keep quiet at my place of work for quite a while at the request of my head and that was hard when you work so closely with people.it was horrible don't know if the DG and JB told their colleagues - but I think they should have been allowed the closure of telling their audience.

That said - from everything I've read on here,on blogs and tweets - theres nothing to actually suggest that any of these rumours are actually true!!!!

Last edited:
No it wasn't the point! If the circumstances surrounding her departure were less than positive then it is quite understandable she would want to keep it low key.I would do exactly the same. I wouldn't want to say anything bad or lie to people so I would simply say nothing at all.
I think this Debbie Greenwood thing is all a bit silly. If she has been sacked or left then why doesn't she just say so? All this speculation has turned her into a sort of celebrity - was that the point. I liked Julian and think it is a shame he has gone but people leave or get dismissed from their jobs all the time - that's life.

Latest posts

Back